SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_739434829

3 dead outlets..other outlets on same circuit work..no breaker tripped

P b
5 years ago

I have 3 dead outlets...well, technically 2 dead outlets and a dead switch that turns on a bathroom fan and light fixture. The two outlets are a GFI in the bathroom and a normal outlet on the other side of the wall in my bedroom. Additionally, my entire bedroom, another bedroom and the hall lights are all on this same circuit. All the other outlets/switches work. No breaker was ever thrown (other than by me whilst troubleshooting). I have replaced all 3 switches/outlets (including the GFI) in case it was a bad switch/outlet, but no luck. I have searched high and low thinking there is another GFI outlet that is tripped somewhere that is inline with these three or another switch/outlet at that may have gone bad that has died, but I can't find any other dead outlets/switches in the house. I've been chasing this for 2 days and I'm about to call an electrician, but thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone has any ideas. Could the light fixture or fan have gone bad and killed the power at the end of a power daisy chain? Last bit of info, house was built in 1958, we've been here 7 years and never had any electrical issues.

Comments (7)