Humpty Trumpty's latest Wall-timatum is a non-starter

heri_cles

No way that the House and Senate or the American people will put up with Trump holding government workers, air line passengers, and others hostage once again to compel taxpayers to pay for something most of them do not want.

Trump will not get funding for a wall from the legislature. Repair and replacement of existing barriers could be offered, but that will be it. No tRump monument wall. period.

Nancy and the Democrats will offer a plan with plenty of money for border security that will defeat any claim tRump will try to make that there is an emergency.

Trump should not even make a proposal unless he checks to see if Nancy will approve it.

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marquest(PA zone 6)

Mexico was suppose to pay for the wall. I think he should hold them hostage for not paying for the wall.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
marquest(PA zone 6)

I put up a topic. He is digging up another caravan. His usual go to fear walking dead as the article called his latest tactic. At this point we should not be able to step out our doors as many walking dead he keeps saying is coming for us.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
GOD

I do think there will need to be some compromise.

I'm fine with the democrats letting 1 billion be spent by trump on the wall repairs,etc. I do want to see the other 4 billion spent to stop illegal drugs and visa length enforcement, technological enforce and mainly, port safety.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by heri_cles
heri_cles

When he announced the so-called "deal" to re-open the gov., tRump reiterated his threat to shut down the government or to declare an emergency if he doesn't get money for a wall. His Wall-timatum did not work and will not work.

tRump lost the House and stands to lose the Senate and the pResidency in 2020 if he continues down this rabbit hole.

American taxpayers are not going to fund a Great Wall of China in the 21st century.

Move on to some other issue, if you can trump.

And no State of Union address until tRump stops threatening to shut down the government. No deal.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Gee whiz...how did they manage this without a wall???

Save     Thanked by heri_cles
redsox_gw

I love the new republican talking point...well, Mexico didn't say that they would PRE-PAY. LOL!!! I heard one trump supporter on talk radio say they could pay by Western Union. Go ahead and send Mexico a bill, trump supporters. A brilliant idea.

1 Like Save     Thanked by heri_cles
heri_cles

That graph shows that non-Mexican apprehensions now equal or possibly exceed Mexican apprehensions.

Perhaps Mexico should beef up security on their Southern border and ask the US to pay for it. Seriously, the dire situation in Central American countries that forces families to risk everything in order to seek asylum in a far away land needs to be addressed in a more sensible and humane way than building a wall at the end of the road.

2 Likes Save    
Pristine Acres is committed to offering the highest-quality, most professional landscape design/installation... Read More