Anti-Semitic Dem Rep Attacks Covington Boys With Lies And Hate

Becca Reese

Ilhan Omar✔@IlhanMN

-The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled “it’s not rape if you enjoy it”
-They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants
-Sandmann’s family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology https://rewire.news/article/2019/01/22/white-washing-white-supremacy-media-rushes-to-excuse-covington-catholic-students/ …

There are not words for how sickening it is that a freshman Democrat is so openly bigoted and racist.

SaveComment143Like3
Comments (143)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stan Areted

There are not words for how sickening it is that a freshman Democrat is so openly bigoted and racist.

What's next? Stoning and beheading?

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Or throwing them off a building.

2 Likes Save    
MissMyGardens

Yeah...we're on the precipice of Sharia law in America...not. More likely country could be dragged back to the dark ages by fundamentalist nationalists if we're not careful and active.

5 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Remember those boys are from KKK country.

3 Likes Save    
mayflowers

One did yell "It's not rape if you enjoy it".

You don't see that as the worst of the three things she accused them of, which happens to be a true statement?

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

One did yell "It's not rape if you enjoy it".

You don't see that as the worst of the three things she accused them of, which happens to be a true statement?

That's an awful thing to say, if true, so I'd like to see proof, please.

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

You're right, becca, there are not words for how sickening it is when anyone is so openly bigoted and racist. I didn't see anything in Rep. Omar's tweet that points to anti-Semitism so I was puzzled by your title. Then I read anti-Muslim responses from Stan:

Stan Areted

And from mrskjun:

mrskjun(9)

So I assume there must be an anti-Semitism comment in the link that has prompted Becca, Stan, and mrskjun to target her for her religion. But no, there isn't even a comment in the link from her. It is just a very thorough retelling of the incident.

So now I ask myself why did the three of them automatically attack her religion because they didn't like her tweet? With no reason to believe that Rep. Omar supports stoning, beheading, and throwing people off buildings and with it being irrelevant to the OP, why did they go there?

You wonder why we think you hold bigoted views. It's because things slip out all the time. I don' think you're even aware of it. You hear Rep. Omar's name and your brain goes to her religion and you don't like that a Muslim is in Congress.

To help illustrate why your responses came from a place of bigotry, let's consider an exchange where you can clearly see the bigotry:

President Obama hosted a State Dinner at the WH.

What did he serve, fried chicken and watermelon?

Now let's apply it to what you did in this thread:

Rep. Omar lied about the Covington incident:

She's anti-Semitic.

She'll want to stone and behead them next.

She'll want to throw them off a building.

You immediately targeted her religion. You ridiculed her even though you know she doesn't support those things.

I hope you understand now why we think some of your comments have a bigotted and racist undertone.

7 Likes Save    
mayflowers

That's an awful thing to say, if true, so I'd like to see proof, please.

The video is in one of the threads and was posted within the past 12 hours.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Can't make a connection between the link and the thread's title

3 Likes Save    
Olychick

Maybe the op got mixed up with the vitriol over the women's march?

3 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Omar's anti-Semitism is well known. She's also a homophobe.

The above are not exemplified in her most recent barrage of hatred towards white, Christian children.

She is accusing one or more of the Covington teens of saying something pretty horrific, and if she has no proof, I hope they sue her for libel.

1 Like Save    
olliesmom

mayflowers, that wasn't the Covington boys. Don't believe everything your comrades post is true.

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Please post it. I wasn't aware of another large group of boys standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

Save    
olliesmom

You find it and post it. I saw it and knew right away it wasn't the Covington boys.

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Becca Reese

Omar's anti-Semitism is well known. She's also a homophobe.

What does that have to do with this incident? To our knowledge, the boys are neither Jewish nor gay.

The above are not exemplified in her most recent barrage of hatred towards white, Christian children.

Do you see that in her tweet? Or are you assuming that because she's not white and not Christian and not a child, she hates them?

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

I will find it but I can't right now because I'm headed out the door.

Save    
Becca Reese

Do you see that in her tweet? Or are you assuming that because she's not
white and not Christian and not a child, she hates them?

I am giving an accurate description of Omar. She has earned every one of them. This is just another- white, Christian hater.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

The writer of that article lives in an alternate universe, up is down, down is up. This really deserves a lawsuit, you can't just make stuff up, theres got to be some standards or the press is irrelevant.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Chi

https://twitter.com/roflinds/status/1087482823978684422?s=20

I clearly hear MAGA of course, and "build the wall."

Save    
olliesmom

Not of fan of suing, but this is sue worthy.

mrskjun(9)

Remember those boys are from KKK country.

What makes you think those boys are democrats josephene?

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Chi

You find it and post it. I saw it and knew right away it wasn't the Covington boys.

How did you know right away? I'm curious how you know it's not them.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Why would you say I'm targeting her religion mayflowers?

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

More Klan members?

Stan Areted

KETCHUP, Mayflowers.

High School boys were accused of all sorts of horrible things--being nazis, KKK members, hating Native Americans, just everything else just BECAUSE THEY WERE MALE, WHITE, and CATHOLIC, and protested killing innocent life. Standing there waiting on a bus minding their OWN BUSINESS.

WHAT'S okay to assume for one group isn't okay to assume for the other?

There are none so blind...that they don't realize the irony and instead attack instead of thinking.

mayflowers

You believe they were attacked for being white Christians so you turn right around and attack Omar for being Muslim. Last I looked this wasn't a Catholic/Muslim controversy. And nowhere in her comments do you see that she attacked them because of their religion. There's nothing to even assume that she's ant-Catholic. If you don't want to be labeled an anti-Muslim bigot, then attack her based on what she tweeted instead of using stereotypes about believers of Islam.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Nope sorry. I think they were attacked for wearing MAGA hats and for no other reason. Religion had nothing to do with it. Trump hate period.

momj47(7A)

You do understand that this whole scene was performance art

Everyone there, EVERYONE, knew there were cameras to record their encounters, their comments, their presence.

Nothing at an event like this is "spontaneous"

Save    
mayflowers

I can't even find Omar's tweet. I see only this one from Jan. 19, the day of the incident, along with a photo from Huffpost of the stare-down between Sandmann and Phillips. That was very early in the controversy.

This shameful behavior is a direct consequence of individual-1's
dehumanizing rhetoric and actions towards communities of color. Do
better!

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

mrskjun(9)

Nope
sorry. I think they were attacked for wearing MAGA hats and for no
other reason. Religion had nothing to do with it. Trump hate period.

The Covington teens checked off all the deplorable boxes.

• white
  • male
  • catholic
  • pro life
  • Trump supporters
3 Likes Save    
mayflowers

mrskjun(9)

Nope
sorry. I think they were attacked for wearing MAGA hats and for no
other reason. Religion had nothing to do with it. Trump hate period.

So why did you mock Omar for her religion? If I started a thread about a Catholic Congresswoman and the incident had nothing to do with her religion and LW posters started mocking her over pedophile priests, you'd be livid.

Save    
katrina_ellen

Alyssa Milano tweeted that the MAGA hat is the "new white hood".

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

mrskjun(9)

Why would you say I'm targeting her religion mayflowers?

Perhaps because there's no defending Omar attacking white, Catholic, pro-life teens wearing MAGA hats. I never invoked her religion.

Omar also libeled the teens with a terrible accusation.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

oops Becca, you left out racist, homophobic, deplorable, stupid, misogynist. poorly educated etc. etc. etc.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Mocked her for her religion? How?

Save    
Becca Reese

olliesmom(7)

Not of fan of suing, but this is sue worthy.

I think the fact that the teen is fighting back has them bitterly angry. How dare he defend himself?

They are infuriated!

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

You mean for this mayflowers? Is that part of the discussion?

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel,” the newly elected Minnesota Democrat, an open supporter of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, tweeted in 2012.

mayflowers

This thread is about Omar. Why would I want to rehash the incident when there's been ten threads and everyone started by a liberal has been removed? This morning I wrote a long post about the incident on a thread in the Kitchen Table and that thread was removed for the second time. So I'm done arguing about who was right and who was wrong at this point.

THIS is what you wanted to discuss by starting this thread:

So let's talk about Omar's bigotry and racism.

Save    
Becca Reese

I never mocked her religion, although she made disparaging remarks about Catholic boys for their pro-life stance.

3 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

-The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled “it’s not rape if you enjoy it”

Has anyone found proof this was said by a Covington boy? Anyone?

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

mrskjun(9)

Mocked her for her religion? How?

Stop playing dumb. I wrote a detailed explanation. Would you rather I just write flippant one-liners like most people here?

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Maybe if they are more easily understood mayflowers, yes.

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

I'm not going to dumb down my posts for you, mrskjun.

Becca, of all the Democrats and liberals who have commented on the incident, why did you choose Omar's to showcase? Where did you even find that quote? I don't see it on her Twitter page but I'm not adept at Twitter.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Becca, of all the Democrats and liberals who have commented on the incident, why did you choose Omar's to showcase?

Because
she deceived people before she got elected and now she's letting her
anti-Semite flag fly. Has nothing to do with the fact she's Muslim, so
your angle here is just going to keep failing.

Now, she is
spreading horrible lies about CHILDREN and should in the very least be
censured if not told to resign. These are American citizens she is
attacking. This goes well beyond spewing a dangerous ideology.She
is targeting BOYS and I'm sickened that a sitting Representative in
Congress is using her platform to attack American children.

Again, mayflowers, do you have proof of the allegation you and Omar made about the Covington teens, that they said, "It's no rape if you enjoy it"?

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

mayflowers, you can't find the tweet because Omar deleted it after she got blowback for her attacks and lies about CHILDREN.

Rep. Ilhan Omar deletes tweet attacking Covington students, after backlash

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ilhan-omar-faces-backlash-for-new-attacks-on-covington-students

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Omar should be ordered to give the Covington teens an apology- a public apology-along with formally retracting all of her lies which she attacked them with.

Or, she should then be censure. Deleting that tweet is not enough.

What does it tell you when the correct information is out for DAYS and she posted this attack anyway? What does it tell you that Omar deleted her tweet without a retraction or apology?

We Americans should not tolerate any anti-Semite in our Congress, let alone anyone who would attack children and spread vile lies about them.

Save    
mayflowers

It's in the MAGA hat thread. There's nothing to show where the video came from so you'll have to ask the person who posted it if it was authenticated. It shows a large group of boys, some wearing MAGA hats. It appears they are circled around the BHI group with the Lincoln Memorial in the background.

Thank you for explaining why you targeted Omar. So you don't believe her anti-Semitism has anything to do with her being Muslim?

Your feelings about her dishonesty doesn't change the fact that Stan and kjun responded to a post about the boys by targeting her religion, which has nothing to do with her tweet. And you liked those posts-- the ones about stoning, beheading, and throwing people off buildings.

Save    
tony jelly

For the record. Llhan Omar criticized Israel in 2012 for the brutality in its war against Gaza, Criticising a countries wrongdoing is NOT anti-semitism.

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

I saw where she addressed those remarks on her Twitter feed.

Save    
Becca Reese

Thank you for explaining why you targeted Omar. So you don't believe her anti-Semitism has anything to do with her being Muslim?

I don't assume what she thinks. I only know she has previously made anti-Semitic comments, smeared Lindsay Graham and spread horrible, hateful lies about children who are white and Catholic.

All in just a few short weeks since she became a member of Congress.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

For the record. Llhan Omar criticized Israel in 2012 for the brutality
in its war against Gaza, Criticising a countries wrongdoing is NOT
anti-semitism.

She invoked Allah in the same sentence she called Israel "evil". She is pro-Palestine, pro-Hamas and anti-Israel.

Even CNN has her number.

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Her god is named Allah. Surely she has the right to "invoke" her god.

The reason that tweet is considered anti-Semitic is the word "hypnotized." Not because it criticizes Israel or "invokes" Allah. I learned that in about 3 minutes on Google just now and all sources I found concur on that.

Omar defended herself from those accusations by alleging that they are based on a stereotype of what Muslims believe.

It was the *only* evidence of anti-Semitism I could find from her. I am open to seeing more if anyone has any.

Save    
Becca Reese

miss lindsay, look up her support of BDS. She lied before election about not supporting BDS. She does. Why would she lie?

And if Pence invoked God in a tweet, the Left would lose their minds.

2 Likes Save    
tony jelly

miss lindsey, the cry of anti-Semitism is a dog whistle and as Mimi says Llhana is pro-Palestine, pro-Hamas and anti-Israel, and this is a brave stance that has antisemite thrown at it by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

1 Like Save    

Tony, I thought as much.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt that a person might just be uneducated--l certainly am on many issues and I appreciate when people take the time to explain things to me. And there's also the concept that someone who is uneducated is lurking and could learn something. Idk, it might be hopeless.

1 Like Save    

If I'm reading Wikipedia correctly Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) is a movement that outlines strategies to be used to encourage *Israel* to adhere to its international obligations (and from my perspective, basic humanity).

Not all Israelites are Jewish. And not all Jews live in Isreal. So to equate criticism of Israel as a nation with hatred toward Judaism is misguided in my opinion.

As to why/if she would lie about supporting that movement, I certainly can't answer that.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

So is Becca spreading lies about Omar just as she accuses her of spreading lies about the boys?

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

I'll miss you, Elvis! Maybe I'll purposefully misspell a word in your honor.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Remember how the leftists lost their minds over Laura Ingraham trolling David Hogg?

OMG, he's just a kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, she's attacking a child!!!!!!!!!!1

But when Omar tweets out LIES about children, attacking them, they're cool with it.

It's why you can never take anything they say seriously. They are controlled by Trump hate and will enjoy throwing children under the bus if it means a score for "their side".

Omar attacks children? Is that OK? Depends. Does she hate Trump? She does?

Well then, it's fine and dandy to attack children.

BTW, at least Ingraham wasn't lying. She was right about Hogg's college rejections.

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Everything I wrote here is original.

I thought the J4 guy was one of yours. He sure sounds like yours.

Save    
Becca Reese

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/covington-catholic-lawyer-adds-rep-ilhan-omar-libel-get-sued-list

“This is libel. Retract, or get sued,” Barnes tweeted, quoting a now-deleted tweet from the Minnesota Democrat in which she claimed the teens were at fault for the confrontation Saturday at the Indigenous People’s March in Washington, D.C., between the students from the Northern Kentucky school and Native American Nathan Phillips.

Will Omar have the decency and courage to retract and apologize. I mean, she does realize the internet is forever, right?

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Since entering Congress this month, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) has found herself indamage control mode over her record of anti-Semitism. Yesterday, she managed to bring more heat on herself by smearing the Covington Catholic High School students who were harassed by the racist Black Hebrew Israelites and Native American activist Nathan Phillips at the March For Life. Omar is now running away from the latter, but sticking by the former.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/01/23/ilhan-omar-deletes-tweet-smearing-covington-high-schoolers-anti-semitic-tweets-remain-online/
https://thefederalist.com/2019/01/23/ilhan-omar-deletes-tweet-smearing-covington-high-schoolers-anti-semitic-tweets-remain-online/

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Just imagine the destruction Omar can cause in a year!

While Omar has been in office for less than a month, she has been surrounded by numerous controversies. The freshman congresswoman defended anti-Semitic statements, such as ones invoking Allah to expose Israel’s “evil doings” and she has come out in favor of the boycott and divestment from the state of Israel. She also claimed Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina was “compromised” without providing any evidence

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/23/ilhan-omar-covington-maga/

3 Likes Save    

Apart from the tweet we've already discussed, are there any other examples of this woman's alleged anti-Semitism?

Save    
mayflowers

The RW propaganda machine is already churning out attacks on her and it will continue. She's Muslim and a woman of color. I'd be surprised if they didn't target her.

Let him sue her. We may learn the identity of the cretin who said "It's not rape if you enjoy it." You can see the video on the Daily Mail, Becca. He's the cretin standing next to the boy with the MAGA hat. I guess they'll need to sue the Daily Mail too.

1 Like Save    
Lily613

Little Tucker was on a rant tonight for 15 minutes on the smirking MAGA boy. Oh, the outrage.

Save    
Becca Reese

Let him sue her. We may learn the identity of the cretin who said "It's
not rape if you enjoy it." You can see the video on the Daily Mail,
Becca. He's the cretin standing next to the boy with the MAGA hat. I
guess they'll need to sue the Daily Mail too

Not a Covington student. In the longer version you can hear this.

Of course Omar knows she can smear and accuse and attack with impunity. Or, maybe we'll be surprised and she won't be able to use her intersectional victimhood as a shield.

1 Like Save    

So just like many others who rushed to judgement on the Covington issue, she is backing away from that position. Do you see this as a bad thing?

And she is standing by her assertion that criticism of a country does not equate to hatred of a religion. Do you see this as a bad thing?

Save    
mayflowers

I'm sure Omar will be more careful in the future, especially knowing that RW propaganda peddlers are looking up her butt with a microscope.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Omar: Spare The Rod For ISIS Recruit, Not Covington Teens

Becca Reese23 minutes ago

Ilhan Omar who harshly condemned white, Catholic teens for
"smirking" and gasp! doing the tomahawk chop (ps, Omar, never watch
professional sports!) has asked for leniency in sentencing a Minnesota
man who intended to join ISIS to kill people.

“I’m certainly not being persecuted for my faith. I was certainly
not entrapped,” Daud stated during the proceedings, according to the
Associated Press.
“I was not going there to pass out medical kits or food. I was going
strictly to fight and kill on behalf of the Islamic State.”

Fortunately, the judge was having none of it from our newly-ensconced
ISIS sympathizer in Congress, and sentenced this would-be murderer to
30 years.

I hope every single day is hell for him.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/25/ilhan-omar-isis-arrested-lenient-sentence/

https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-world/minnesota-democratic-rep-omar-wrote-judge-requesting-lenient-sentence-for-isis-recruit

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

So all the anti-Muslim attacks against Rep.Omar don't outrage you, "Becca"?

Save    
Becca Reese

Omar's anti-Catholic attack on teens still has not been retracted. She has offered no apology for her hateful lies. She has more sympathy for ISIS recruits than white Catholic boys who are pro-life. She worries that ISIS recruits with every intention to murder are receiving a life sentence, while she personally went out of her way to add to the hate and death threats to white, Christian boys.

Save    

"while she personally went out of her way to add to the hate and death threats to white, Christian boys."

Wait, now she threatened their lives?

Proof?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Omar's anti-Catholic attack on teens still has not been retracted.

Maybe she doesn't intend to retract it

Has your Mr. Trump retracted his anti-Muslim attacks?

Have right wing forum members retracted their racist, xenophobic attacks?

Save    
Becca Reese

Let's summarize the damage Omar has done in just a few weeks in Congress.

Insult Jews and support Palestine

Support the anti-Israel, anti-Semitic BDS

Attack Catholic boys, spread lies and hate about them and refuse to apologize.

Beg for leniency for radicalized, immigrant ISIS recruits who intended to kill, so they could walk among us sooner.

Thanks, Minnesotans.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Omar and Cortez--Twisted Sisters, the gift that will keep on giving.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese

So then you don't have any proof that she threatened their Covington boys' lives? Will you be retracting that and apologizing?

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

But josephene, I love history, read it all the time. What do you want to know?

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Maybe read why her words are so offensive to Jews.

"In 2012, during one of Israel’s periodic wars with Hamas in Gaza, Ilhan Omar, at the time a 32-year-old nutrition coordinator with the Minnesota Department of Education, tweeted the following: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/opinion/ilhan-omar-israel-jews.html

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

But josephene, I love history, read it all the time. What do you want to know?

Tell us about the Civil War, kjun

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

Becca Reese Omar's anti-Catholic attack on teens still has not been retracted.

She did not attack them because they are Catholic. Post her tweet before you make accusations. I'm sure one of your RW sources has it. You've only posted your own typed words:

The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled “it’s not rape if you enjoy it”
-They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants
-Sandmann’s family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology

You may not like her because she's a Democrat and a Muslim but that doesn't give you the right to make stuff up.

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bishop-john-stowe-covington-kentucky-maga-hats-abortion_us_5c4b5ae7e4b06ba6d3bcbd87?ncid=engmodushpmg00000006

"Kentucky Catholic Bishop: Trump’s MAGA Hats Are Not ‘Pro-Life’

Lexington’s Bishop John Stowe said Covington Catholic students can’t be “pro-life” while supporting a president who “denigrates” immigrants and refugees.

The Rev. John Stowe, the bishop of the Diocese of Lexington, said that being “pro-life” also means valuing the lives of immigrants and refugees ― something he said he strongly believes Trump has failed to do.

“It astonishes me that any students participating in a pro-life activity on behalf of their school and their Catholic faith could be wearing apparel sporting the slogans of a president who denigrates the lives of immigrants, refugees and people from countries that he describes with indecent words and haphazardly endangers with life-threatening policies,” Stowe wrote in an op-ed for the Lexington Herald-Leader on Wednesday.

He said he is “ashamed” that the students’ actions have contradicted the goals of the March for Life, the massive annual anti-abortion rally the teens were in D.C. to attend....

...Stowe said that he didn’t want to place the blame entirely on the teens or engage in a discussion about the context of the video. Instead, he said he wanted to point out that a MAGA hat has no place at the March for Life.

He said that American Catholics’ anti-abortion advocacy has become separated from the “even more basic truth of the dignity of each human person.” Catholics need to take other issues into account before deciding whether to support Trump, he said.

“We cannot uncritically ally ourselves with someone with whom we share the policy goal of ending abortion,” the bishop wrote. “While the church’s opposition to abortion has been steadfast, it has become a stand-alone issue for many and has become disconnected to other issues of human dignity.”...

...If the anti-abortion movement seeks to make abortion “unthinkable,” Stowe wrote, it should also be championing “deep changes in society and policies that would support those who find it difficult to afford children.”..."

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Omar attacked white, Catholic, pro-life boys, going right for their beliefs and after 3 days, when FACTS were known, she continued to spread lies.

But she's got all the compassion in the world for her fellow Somalians who volunteered to kill people for ISIS.

1 Like Save    

I'm still interested in seeing evidence of anti semitism other than that one tweet.

Save    
Becca Reese

The catholic Church turned it back on these boys and sacrificed them at the altar of intersectional political correctness. I'm pretty angry at the Church right about now.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

What would you like to know about it mom?

1 Like Save    

And proof that she made an:

Becca Reese

46 minutes ago

**anti-Catholic attack on teens**

And that:

**She has more sympathy for ISIS recruits than white Catholic boys who are pro-life.**

And most egregiously:

**while she personally went out of her way to add to the hate and death threats to white, Christian boys.**

Take as long as you need. I'm from MN and if these things are true I feel I need to know.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

Becca herself claims this was her tweet:

The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled “it’s not rape if you enjoy it”

From those three sentences Becca claims that Omar attacked them because they are white and Catholic. Nothing of the sort happened. What is really going on here is Becca only sees Omar's race, religion, and political beliefs so she's trying to demonize her by claiming she's a racist and anti-Catholic.

Omar didn't have her facts straight on the first two accusations. She should have apologized for spreading falsehoods. Perhaps some of the good Catholics on this board can do the same.

Save    
Becca Reese

The "good Catholic" boys who were maliciously attacked and then piled upon by Omar are fighting back.

Good for them!

I hope they hit these people where it hurts. Send the message that we won't be taking these lies and personal threats passively.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

mayflowers:

"Omar didn't have her facts straight on the first two accusations."

Omar's been in office not even a month and she's loud, brash, ignorant, and bleats lies.

Dems sure elected winners.

Omar from Minnesota in just weeks, along with Cortez, has made the old swamp look competent and judicious.

Thanks for the sunlight!

2 Likes Save    
Carro

The really sad thing is that there should be another drummer- the Catholic bishops who rushed to judgement and condemned the kids. I hope they sue the Diocese.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

Omar's been in office not even a month and she's loud, brash, ignorant, and bleats lies.

Dems sure elected winners.

Looks like Omar and trump are birds of a feather.

The next time you think you've been unfairly accused of being racist, remember how you accused Omar of being racist against whites and anti-Catholic based on a tweet.

I can't even take you guys seriously any more.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

It was her words mayflowers. How can that be unfair?

1 Like Save    
tony jelly

When people accuse someone of anti-Semitism what exactly do they mean? kiun said that Jews were offended by Omar's criticism of Israel's overreaction against Gaza, does this mean that all Jews support Israel and the occupation or that Jewish and Israeli are the same thing or by equating the two things Israel can claim anti-Semitism at any criticism?

Supporting Palestine is far from the evil it is made out to be above.

Being Muslim does not automatically make anyone anti- Jewish or anti-Semitic.

Ilhan Omar criticized the behavior of youths who were seen to be intimidating an old Native American, she was not alone in this, but she is a Democrat and a woman, so outcome the Stone tactics to vilify her.

2 Likes Save    

mrskjun, in the hope that your mind is open on this one, those aren't Omar's words. Unless I'm mistaken, those are Becca's words.

Save    
Carro

What I find alarming is that the "boys surround and harass Native American" fake news story had been debunked for DAYS, but Omar decided she'd just ignore reality and join the fray after the boys had been receiving death threats to them AND their parents?

But yeah, poor widdle ISIS men and the meanie, weanie prosecutor who deigned to punish them for attempting to join a terrorist group and kill people.

Oh, noes! Smirky, white boy, he's the problem.

Save    

Stan demonstrates a very important gender relations strategy above: when all else fails, call the woman screechy.

Hey Stan, in the hope that you just sincerely only hear screeches coming out of these women, you might want to have your hearing checked. My dad always grumbled about not being able to understand young women because they were "squeaky." Turned out their words became completely audible AFTER HE GOT HEARING AIDS! Good luck :-)

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

mrskjun(9)

It was her words mayflowers. How can that be unfair?

Because she didn't attack them for being white or Catholic. However, the first responses to the OP from trump supporters mocked her religion. Since Cait, elvis, Becca, Stan, and you either posted or liked those comments, you either don't seem to think that mocking her religion is bigotry or you don't care that it's bigotry. Yet Becca is screeching about her "anti-Catholicism".

Here's Omar's tweet so let's hear your argument for how this is anti-white and anti-Catholic as Becca claims.

1 Like Save    
elvis

mayf wrote: ...remember how you accused Omar of being racist against whites and anti-Catholic based on a tweet.

Wrong again. Omar's own words reveal her racism and bigotry. No one needed reinforcement for that, she did it to herself. When someone shows you who she is, believe her.

Save    
Becca Reese

Maybe reading what a Jew has to say about Omar's smear will help. The Left seems so keen on "dog whistles" that it's surprising they don't know what Omar was really saying. Or, maybe they do and just don't care.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/opinion/ilhan-omar-israel-jews.html

Perhaps Ms. Omar is sincerely befuddled and not simply deflecting. Because sentiments like these, once beyond the pale of our public discourse, are being heard with greater frequency and volume these days, allow me to explain why this Jewish American, and almost every Jewish American I know, found her words so offensive.

The conspiracy theory of the Jew as the hypnotic conspirator, the duplicitous manipulator, the sinister puppeteer is one with ancient roots and a bloody history. In the New Testament, it is a small band of Jews who get Rome — then the greatest power in the world — to do their bidding by killing Christ. Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor, speaks to the Jews about Jesus in the book of John: “Take him yourselves and judge him according to your own law.” But the Jews punt the decision back to Pilate: “We are not permitted to put anyone to death.” And so Pilate does the deed on their behalf. In the book of Matthew, the implications of this manipulation are spelled out: “His blood is on us and our children,” the Jews say — a line that has been so historically destructive that even Mel Gibson cut it from his “Passion of the Christ.”

n the two millenniums that followed, even after 1965, when the Catholic Churchformally disavowed the belief that the Jews killed Jesus, this was the template for the anti-Semitic conspiracy: the ability of this tiny minority to use its wiles and its proximity to power to con others into accomplishing their evil ends. It has led to countless expulsions, murders, massacres and pogroms throughout Europe and elsewhere

The Jewish power to hypnotize the world, as Ms. Omar put it, is the plot of Jud Süss — the most successful Nazi film ever made. In the film, produced by Joseph Goebbels himself, Josef Süss Oppenheimer, an 18th-century religious Jew, emerges from the ghetto, makes himself over as an assimilated man, and rises to become the treasurer to the Duke of Württemberg. Silly duke: Allowing a single Jew into his city leads to death and destruction.

After seeing the final cut of the film, in August 1940, Goebbels wrote in his diary: “An anti-Semitic film of the kind we could only wish for. I am happy about it.” And no wonder: It premiered at the Venice Film Festival, where it received the Golden Lion Award. By some estimates, more than 20 million people saw it.

Since then, the myth of the wily Jewish manipulator of those in power continues to persist in various forms. During the Iraq War, it became common to blame Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz and Doug Feith — Bush administration figures who happened to be Jewish — for a military campaign that had been ordered by George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. In the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump blamed “globalists” with names like Lloyd Blankfein and George Soros for America’s economic woes.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

Oh, we have screeching on Hot Topics, as I just pointed out. Sometimes it's the men who screech.

That is Omar's tweet. She was wrong to tweet what she couldn't verify.

Save    
mayflowers

elvis

mayf wrote: ...remember how you accused Omar of being racist against whites and anti-Catholic based on a tweet.

Wrong again. Omar's own words reveal her racism and bigotry. No one
needed reinforcement for that, she did it to herself. When someone
shows you who she is, believe her.

Show me some of her words that reveal racism towards whites. Show me where she's made anti-Catholic remarks.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Wrong again. Omar's own words reveal her racism and bigotry. No one
needed reinforcement for that, she did it to herself. When someone
shows you who she is, believe her.

Omar was promulgating the leftist, anti-Christian, anti-Catholic clap trap that those whose religion teaches sanctity of life are oppressors of women. The very first thing Omar did was attack these boys for being at the March For Life, which is a feckless and malicious thing to do to minors.

Save    
Becca Reese

Omar also is homophobic. Anyone who spreads lies about gay men in the closet or implies a man is gay and in the closet, and therefore is going to allow himself to be bribed or manipulated, is truly despicable.

It is detestable to suggest gay men are somehow morally compromised because their homosexuality leaves them particularly prone to being exploited and controlled. It is perniciously bigoted

Save    
elvis

I'm still interested in seeing evidence of anti semitism other than that one tweet

Google is your friend.

mayf wrote: Omar didn't have her facts straight on the first two accusations. She should have apologized for spreading falsehoods.

I absolutely agree, mayf.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Omar's ignorance of the Catholic faith shown full when she maligned the Catholic teens and misrepresented their faith. They were not protesting a woman's right to choose. They were there to support LIFE.

She has no idea what any of those boys thinks about Roe v. Wade and legal abortion. Conflating the two was yet another rush to judgement on her part.

She still hasn't apologized and shows no willingness to discuss the issue with the Catholic boys.

I'm sure there are Christians and Catholics in her state. The fact that she would so easily malign them is frightening.

Minnesota- not the state for Jews or Catholics as long as Omar is representing you.

Save    
elvis

Ilhan Omar on Twitter: "-The boys were protesting a woman's right to ...

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1087918469008576513

1. Cached

Ooops! This page "does not exist." I wonder why!

Rep. Ilhan Omar quietly deletes libelous tweet attacking Covington Students after backlash

https://alphanewsmn.com/rep-ilhan-omar-quietly-deletes-libelous-tweet-attacking-covington-students-after-backlash/

Omar wrote, “-The boys were protesting a woman’s right to choose & yelled “it’s not rape if you enjoy it” -They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants -Sandmann’s family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology.”

Before Omar’s tweet was deleted, a lawyer who’s offered to represent the Covington students for free said it had defamed them.

“This is libel. Retract, or get sued,” Las Vegas attorney Robert Barnes tweeted.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/23/us-rep-ilhan-omar-deletes-tweets-slamming-maga-teens/

Save    
mayflowers

While you're at it, show me how these responses to the OP which only gives Omar's name are not bigotry:

Stan Areted

mrskjun(9)

I would respect you for acknowledging that it is bigotry.

Save    
Becca Reese

elvis, some don't seem to understand how Omar's malicious attack and accusations will follow these boys around for the rest of their lives. That's why erasing the tweet is not enough.

What Omar has done by attacking American boys and making false accusations of the most heinous kind, as a sitting Representative and elected official, is reprehensible.

She has abused her position and office, and should be censured.

But, who are we kidding, right? This is a Leftist world we now live in. Omar is another black woman to commit a very serious infraction as an elected official and if another black woman can foment the assassination of a sitting President, Omar is sure to not only escape being held responsible, she'll be regarded as a hero.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Stoning, beheading and throwing people off buildings is what is currently happening in some countries. Omar's rush to judgement typifies these barbaric practices.

Especially the treatment of gay people.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Here's Omar's homophobic tweet about Lindsay Graham:

"They got to him. He is compromised".

Now, Omar has no proof whatsoever, but she tweeted it out as FACT. Further, she thinks she's speaking for Americans who agree with her, so she never took responsibility for that libelous tweet either.

OMAR: My tweet was just an opinion based on what I believe to be visible to me, and I’m pretty sure there are lots of Americans who agree on this.

I'm pretty sure Omar is a homophobic bigot.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

You know what's really scary? This BDS-supporting, anti-Israel bigot is on a committee which votes on things like funding Israel, our staunchest ally in the Middle East.

Omar has spoken in support of the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) movement against Israel before, and was recently assigned a seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, where she will vote on issues of US foreign policy and foreign aid, including that to Israel. Crucially, her committee may soon vote on a bipartisan bill that would write into law a 2016 agreement between the US and Israel guaranteeing the Jewish state $38 billion in military aid over 10 years.

2 Likes Save    
tony jelly

This is the most incredible twist I have ever witnessed, Becca is using bigoted, misogynistic language to complain about misogyny. Not only that, she is working hard to make the offenders the victims. By changing the emphasis she is attempting to have Omar the enemy of Jews and Catholics, and this is just not true, and now she is adding gays to justify a remark about throwing gays off a roof.

It seems to me that Omar is against the oppression of people by other people, so she takes the side of Gazan's and Native Americans, of course, this makes those doing the oppressing hopping mad. Typically, rather than try to understand there is an attempt to find dirt on whoever brings this injustice to our attention and this aided and abetted by a compliant media looking for a story.

The smirking rich kid against an old Indian chanting a protest song, do we understand what he was protesting, or are we now so pro-Catholic it doesn't matter?

3 Likes Save    
tony jelly

If Omar goes against that bill she has my support.

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

I admit I am bemused by the vehement condemnation of homophobia and racism by some of this forum's most frequent exhibitors of racial, ethnic, and social prejudice.

Sort of destroys any moral high ground they may be trying to achieve.

And if it's wrong for one person to do it, what makes it right for anyone else?

5 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

tony jelly This
is the most incredible twist I have ever witnessed, Becca is using
bigoted, misogynistic language to complain about misogyny

Oh, "tony", it's not misogynistic to criticize a woman. Stop with the intersectional victimhood. It's soft bigotry and demeans women.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

When is the Left going to wake up and realize that people have figured out how to exploit their progressive tendencies? Omar attacked children who were receiving death threats, and she know she can get away with it.

She will never be called on to be held responsible for her reckless words, because she ranks higher on the victim totem pole.

No pun intended.

2 Likes Save    
tony jelly

More of the same there, mimster.

1 Like Save    

I only just got notifications for all the comments made on Saturday.

Becca, I'm still waiting for you to provide ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL for the accusation of anti-Semitism you made. I'm not interested in your interpretation of her words or of an opinion piece from any publication. Just show us her words or a trustworthy account of her actions and let us decide.

It is not my responsibility to find them. It is always, always, the burden of the *accuser* to provide proof.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

What is bigoted about posting facts mayflowers?

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

This thread was returned. Threads take two fl*gs to remove. I think we know what's going on now.

I don't see many attempts to clearly respond to sincere questions meant to generate discussion, miss lindsey. I wish you luck. Triggering liberals is the only goal for some trump supporters now.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

"Wiesenthal Center slams Muslim lawmakers for anti-Semitic, anti-Israel remarks"

Perception is everything.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/wiesenthal-center-slams-muslim-lawmakers-for-anti-semitic-anti-israel-remarks/

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

mrskjun(9)

What is bigoted about posting facts mayflowers?

You assume that she supports those things because she is Muslim. You see her name and you see her religion as her only identity.

Why do you support pedophile priests, mrskjun? That's the first thing I think of every time I see your name. I'm not bigoted against Catholics though--I'm only posting facts.

Save    

"Perception is everything."

No it's not. The truth is everything. Sometimes our own biases can shade our perceptions.

anti-Semitism is a very serious charge. There is a burden of proof on the person making such an accusation.

So again, without resorting to opinion pieces or recycling of the tweet already presented:

Can anyone provide any evidence that this woman in anti-Semitic, anti-catholic, or homophobic? ETA: Also accepted, evidence that she is anti-white.

I accept that the tweet looks bad given the "hypnotized" reference, and I accept (with reservation) her explanation that she wasn't thinking in the terms that others assumed. The word itself is fairly common and I've definitely heard it used by pundits and laymen in other contexts.

Her support of Palestine I *DO NOT* accept as anti-Semitism. Her call for sanctions against Israel I *DO NOT* accept as anti-Semitism. Israel and Palestine are earthly institutions and being supportive or critical of them is not the same as hating Jewish people.

Without further evidence of anti-Semitism I am inclined to think that she's not.

Save    
mayflowers

Can anyone provide any evidence that this woman in anti-Semitic, anti-catholic, or homophobic?

Becca also asserts that she's anti-white so let's add that to the list.

1 Like Save    

Got it mayflowers.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

If there is no clear proof of all those "antis-", this is where the accusers need to look inside themselves and question why they have made these accusations.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I haven't read most of this thread and can't make sense out of most of it, but if no one has found the video in which the protesting boy states "It's not rape . . . ", here is a youtube video of the Covington Teens Protesting. The statement is made around 0:14 or 0:15.

If someone already posted this, my apologies.

Gotta run to an appointment now. Bye.

Kate

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

No definitive word on whether the speaker is a Covington student. It is a group of Covington boys, despite olliesmom knowing for a fact that it's not them. One of the boys says "He's not from Covington." We either believe him or we consider the possibility that he was embarrassed and saying it to disown him--"He's not one of us."

1 Like Save    
tony jelly

Roger Stone is famous for his smear campaigns, and this is a smear campaign against someone looking to change a few things. There are videos out there of a topless Bernie and quite a bit of pseudo-information on Kamala Harris, OAC, Liz Stein etc.

Criticising Israel is not anti-semitism.

4 Likes Save    
dockside_gw

Reading all these comments is a strong reminder of why I disavowed all religions and religious beliefs a few years ago. IMO, this world would be much better off if there were no magical fairy beliefs by anyone. Maybe people could then see each other and everyone as human beings, worthy of respect and not hated because of some unprovable, convenient belief to justify whatever horrible thing they say, think or do.

2 Likes Save    

Honestly dockside, I think the people who do that would do it for a different ideology if religion wasn't available. Religion is maybe the most convenient one though.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Attention Emily, if this gets fl*gged again, please restore it to this thread, along with the thread I started on this topic. This is censoring from someone who wants to silence the topic matter. My posts and threads are not violating rules of posting. This is a hot topic.

Emily, I would appreciate if you would address this with the poster or posters responsible for making my posts and threads disappear. Thank you!

Ilhan Omar Days Without Saying Something Anti-Semitic: Zero

Becca Reese4 minutes ago

Reset the clock. Again

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44130/stop-treating-ilhan-omar-child-her-anti-semitism-ben-shapiro

Now, appearing alongside fellow anti-Semitic Rep. Rashida
Tlaib (D-MI), who herself recently accused American supporters of Israel
of dual loyalty to Israel
and is, along with Omar, a supporter of anti-Semitic boycott,
divestment and sanctions from Israel, Omar reached for the anti-Semitic
lever once again. First, Omar smiled when an audience member yelled, “It
is about the Benjamins.” Then, she stated, “What I’m fearful of –
because Rashida and I are Muslim – that a lot of our Jewish
colleagues…go to thinking that everything we say about Israel to be
anti-Semitic because we are Muslim….So for me, I want to talk about the
political influence in this country that says it is okay to push for
allegiance to a foreign country.”

This is, once again, anti-Semitism. It sets her "days since open
anti-Semitism" calendar back to zero; for the record, she was only up to
18 days.

Suggesting that Jewish Americans are pushing for “allegiance” to a
foreign country, or that American supporters of Israel are doing so, is
a vicious conspiracy theory and a vile smear. Jewish Americans by and
large support Israel not out of “allegiance” to Israel but because
Israel protects victimized Jews all over the world, represents the sole
liberal democracy in the Middle East, and provides valuable strategic
partnership to the United States. But according to Omar and other
anti-Semites, the only reason for American Jews to support Israel is
because they are part of a secret club, disloyal to the United States
and loyal only to the ethnic tribe

It’s not like Omar has been hiding the ball here. After her faux
apology for the “all about the Benjamins” tweet, she stated just last
week that she wasn’t apologizing for anti-Semitism – she was only
apologizing if her comments offended people. Which is like calling a
woman a whore, then apologizing for how the slur made her feel. The
problem, as it turns out, is that Omar is a consistent and vicious
anti-Semite.

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

I'm telling you, someone needs to really keep an eye on her. She cannot be trusted and scares me a bit. She has already shown us what she is.

But the Left are so worried about being so politically correct that they are blind to what she is, one, being an anti-Semite and I can just feel it in my bones she is very anti-American.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Stan Areted

We know what she is.

She shows us repeatedly.

We believe her.

Becca Reese

lliesmom

I'm
telling you, someone needs to really keep an eye on her. She cannot be
trusted and scares me a bit. She has already shown us what she is.

But the Left are so worried about being so politically correct that
they are blind to what she is, one, being an anti-Semite and I can just
feel it in my bones she is very anti-American.

That someone is Pelosi and she's too scared of her intersectionality. She claims she's a victim because she's Muslim to give herself cover when she launches into yet another anti-Semitic attack.

Democrats live in fear of Omar and AOC. Total, abject fear. They know they will be added to the hit list if they dare speak out.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Stan, the Left was immediately vocal over Steve King and demanded he be punished, which he rightfully was. Omar is still serving on a committee where she gets to make decisions about a country and people she so obviously hates.

All one need do is see how she attacked a Jew- Elliott Abrams- when she had the chance during his hearing, and it was vicious. Invoking the "Jews lie" trope repeatedly.

She hates him because he helped save Central America from communism and her support of the murdering dictator, Maduro, is truly sickening.

3 Likes Save    
tony jelly

Elliot Abrams is a war criminal, being Jewish is incidental, unless you, that is you personally, believe that all Jews are war criminals.

This diatribe does nothing to prevent the abuse of Jews and may even make it worse by obscuring what anti-Semitism is.

Save    
Olychick

"I can just feel it in my bones she is very anti-American." Well, now there's a test for the loyalty to the US!

1 Like Save    
josephene_gw

Wake up and smell the sewer that has

become our WH.

1 Like Save    
elvis

josephene_gw

Old stuff.

we know you hate America.

Its your way or the highway.

Wake up and smell the sewer that has

become our WH.

Gee, there's definitely some hate in those posts.

1 Like Save    
elvis

If your hate keeps you warm at night, I think you should go for it!

Save    
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More