SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organicbackyardgardening

Advice on Wood Floor Water Damage

Hello, we had quite the accident at the house this weekend. Sunday night I was filling up my humidifier in the kitchen, when I was distracted and forgot it on while I ended up putting my daughter to bed. The faucet ran for about 30 minutes in our new kitchen Into the basement. I cleaned everything right away, shopvaced, have a dehumidifier running In the basement. The wood floor is cupping slightly it’s now Tuesday. We have solid oak, wide planks pre finished flooring.

I called the flooring company and they said they may or may not come down but could take up to a couple months. I currently have box fans running in the area, and humidity in the house is every low due to cold here in New England. I can see the subfloor from the basement and it’s all dry now. My main concern is mold between the sub floor and flooring.

What would folks recommend - Wait, let my insurance know, and call them back and get the flooring replaced if it does not come back down. Anything else I can do in the immediate? I think the thing working for me is the time of year and low humidity. I called serverpro but I’m really not sure what else they could do besides run fans.

Comments (5)