SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bardzil

Where to put linear drain

bardzil
5 years ago

I don't understand linear drains and where the should ideally be located in the shower. We have two curbless showers in our house that is under construction.

1. Master shower - this shower is 4' wide x 7' long. The door into the shower is on the right side of one of the 7' walls. The main shower head is on the 4' wall to the right when you enter the shower. There is also a shower wand on the 7' wall and we plan to have a floating bench installed opposite the main shower head on the opposite 4' wall. Where should the linear drain go? Should it run along the 7' wall (opposite the entry door)? Or should it run near one of the 4' walls? What are the pros and cons of each option?

2. Second bath shower - this shower is only 3' wide x 5.5' long. The door to the shower is on the right side of one of the 5.5' walls. The shower head is on the 3' wall to the left. Should i put a inear drain along the 3' wal (kind of under the shower head)? Or should i put it on the 5.5' wall opposite the shower door?

I want the linear drains to function correctly and i also want them to be placed in the most logical and comfortable location.

Thanks!

Comments (13)