SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Help! Wall Color For Kitchen!

NewEnglandgal
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My friend is buying a house from a relative and is only painting at this time.

I have been helping her with colors for different rooms of the home but she is having trouble choosing for the kitchen and adjoining living area. The kitchen is dark, has lots of browns and maple cabinets with black appliances and a dark brown tile floor all which are staying for now.

She tried BM Storm (which you can see painted on part of the wall in pictures below) and we both agree it does not look good. Another room off the kitchen will be Revere Pewter but she does not want a "neutral" for the kitchen as in white, cream, tan, beige or yellow. She is now looking at BM Wind Chime and BM Constellation. She says she likes BM Wind Chime.

Looking for suggestions please! I really do not know what to tell her.

Here are pictures of her kitchen (excuse the mess). Would appreciate any suggestions for colors, whether the colors below or other colors you think would look good in the kitchen.

The kitchen is very small and this is the only window to the outside. Above pic shows an open window to the family room that will be painted the same wall color as the kitchen.

Below you see the color BM Storm painted on a partial wall. She does not like it.

BM Wind Chime (she likes this)

BM Constellation on left, BM Wind Chime on right

BM Wind Chime

BM Constellation

Here is a kitchen with BM Constellation

Color she likes.

edited to fix wording.

Comments (2)