SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl2522

Living Room Update

Cheryl Godnyuk
5 years ago

Hi there! We are in the process of updating our living room. The walls were originally covered in paneling, which we have since covered with joint compound to create smooth walls. Prior to the paneling cover up, the paneling and beams were all a dark cream color--leaving the room very drab. We updated the brick fireplace about a year ago, and now we need the rest of the room to be updated, too! I'm not sure what color scheme to go with for the living room. Since the fireplace and built in are white, should we go with white beams and trim, and also light paint colors? I love the idea of contrast that darker beams might bring, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to accomplish since the beams are already painted. Also, with a vaulted ceiling, do you paint the ceiling a different color than the walls? I'm at a loss here, and as you can see the room needs a lot of help! Any and all suggestions you can offer would be so greatly appreciated! (Please excuse the mess of the current living room, I should have taken pictures before we created the giant mess!) Thank you in advance!

Comments (2)