SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soniagar11

Need closet advice!

Ash Y
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all,

I bought a small studio condo (480sqft) a little more than a year ago and have been slowly saving up to redo some things. I just noticed that the Container Store is having their Elfa sale, and that has me seriously wanting to do re-do my closet. The dilemma is - should I turn it into a walk-in closet, or keep it as a reach-in with doors? I've attached a couple pictures (from the listing, not recent since it looks like a tornado in there) and you can see how it's set up. What you can't see in the picture is that there's actually a partition in the middle of the closet behind the doors, so it's not quite as big as it seems.

Now, I have always coveted walk-ins, but that's because I just have a ton of STUFF (yes, even after Marie Kondoing my life I'm still overflowing). As this is a studio, I definitely want to sell it or rent it eventually, so would converting to a walk-in be a good investment? Or would that be a turn-off for some people? In my head I can see the pros and cons of each option: More storage - yay! Some people prefer everything closed behind doors - boo!

Additionally, I definitely need to tear up the ratty carpet, so should I try to match the floors to the bathroom floors, or just replace it with some better carpet?

I know this was long but thanks for reading and any advice would be appreciated!

Comments (9)