SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skibby_gw

I knew I'd find it

I felt like book browsing the other day and went down to the Re-store where they have a nice selection of books. In the very last bookcase I found a copy of Birds in Fall by Brad Kessler. I'm just delighted! I read a library copy back in September and added it to my list of top five lifetime reads. I'm so pleased that I have my own copy now. I'm going to wait a little longer for a re-read but knowing it's there is a very nice feeling. I also picked up a few other things that looked appealing: My Little Life: A Girl Growing up in the Forties by Jane Bryant. This is set in a very small town near me although I don't the author. It has photos and I'm familiar with the town and landmarks so it should be fun. A Tiger in the Kitchen by Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan. Not a bodice-ripper but a foodie book about the cuisine of Singapore. My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'homme. I think I already have a copy of this but I didn't want to pass it by. Idyll Banter by Chris Bohjalian. This was published in2003 and is a compilation of his magazine and newspaper articles. CB is a local author and I have some of his books but haven't read any. I need to get on the ball. Anthill by E.O. Wilson. This may also be a duplicate but it is such a good book I bought it any way. So, a nice browse, six books including a major find, for a total of $1.75. The best part was that I had such a nice time.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer