SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fininigin

how to improve a small kitchen on a buget

fininigin
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi, we've recently moved house and I am hoping for suggestions on how we can improve the space. we are on a budget but can do a few things and I would really love suggestions.

Our kitchen is a small eat-in style space and the cabinets are a very cheap looking laminate kind of shiny finish. I can't find out where they came from so replacing the door fronts probably wouldn't be easy. I also don't think painting that kind of surface would hold up to the wear and tear they will receive. the counter top is laminate and has chips out of it.

I like the side of the kitchen with the built in cabinets they are solid wood so we were able to paint them white. and I would love the rest of the kitchen to match that look a bit more.

the appliances are about 10 years old but still going strong, when they break I would like to replace them with white or stainless steel ones.

We have put in a track light in the center of the kitchen based on the suggestions from Houzz, I wouldn't have considered track lighting but it blends in really well and we don't even notice the them. But now I need a light fitting for above the sink. Should it match the track lighting???? or should I try a school house light or something simple and spherical?

putting in a brand new kitchen isn't going to happen right now and maybe not in the next 5-7yrs, but maybe we could replace the counter top or put in a back splash.

I would LOVE to hear some suggestions! Thanks

Comments (11)