SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pokeycampbell

Did my tile guy do a really crappy job or are we just being picky?

pokeycampbell
5 years ago
We are having our house built and I was so excited about our custom walk in shower. But now that it’s in I hate it. First my subcontractor used the wrong color grout. The first picture is the wall tiles that we used and the color grout that he was supposed to use… As you can tell he used a much darker grout so you don’t get that same seamless appearance. I sent him a picture of the grout he was supposed to use (prior to installation) and he apparently just ignored it or forgot about it. I’m not sure but either way he’s going to regrout it with the right color so that parts good. He also use the wrong color grout on the floor but again he’s going to regrout it so I’m glad about that at least. But my issues are still things like why are the niches not centered on the showerhead? I feel like it looks stupid. And on the floor you can see where the rock tiles end then begin… I feel like its supposed to look like one seamless floor of rocks not where you can see the individual 12 x 12 tiles. And I really hate that silver metal edging he used around the niches… I feel like I can deal with that part but I don’t love it. Finally I feel like the grout isn’t even. It’s just so frustrating because we paid over $7000 for a tiLe labor. And that includes tile on the floor in the master bath, the guest bath, the hall bath, and a half bath downstairs along with the floor in the laundry room and them the shower. And maybe that’s normal… But I feel like for that amount he should’ve done a great job and I feel like he just doesn’t take pride in his work and I’m so frustrated. It will be one thing if I found somebody off of craigslist and paid them $2000… I want and expect their work to be flawless. But when you pay full price for somebody who supposed to be a professional… I expect to be able to hold them to a higher standard. But please tell me am I being crazy and too picky? Thanks!!

Comments (19)