SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

An interesting exchange......

amylou321
5 years ago

I was out walking, as is my new normal. I had to stop to attend to a driver who came in. This driver asked why i was walking..

I replied, "Its healthy."

He said "Are you trying to lose weight?"

Me: "Aren't we all?"

Him: "I thought you had a man. Why bother?"

Me: "Maybe he wants me to lose weight. Or maybe i want to lose weight to be healthier. What's it to you?"

Him: : "Well, in MY opinion, all you need to do is lose your stomach and shrink your waist. That's all. Walking won't do that. You should be doing crunches. Walking will make your butt smaller. Your man wont like that" (HE WAS DEAD SERIOUS)-It was true, but still............

Me: "Is that how you and (wife) got those enviable Adonis physiques? Doing crunches?" (he is at least 350 pounds, maybe bigger, so is his wife, also a truck driver)

Him: "I am just trying to help you out. Don't be mad."

Me: "I'm not mad. I'm amused. Now I am going to help you out. One day, you will run into a woman who does not have the strange sense of humor that i do. When you do, it would behoove you not to give unsolicited advice on how she may improve her appearance, especially as specifically as you did for me."

Him: "Whats behoove?"

Me: "Look it up."

Him: "Look, if you want to lose weight, its easy. ALL you have to do is"

Me: "I'm gonna stop you right there. For your own good."

Him: "No, really, i heard it on (some Satellite radio show whose name i cant recall)"

Me: "No, really, I'm good."

Him: "Okay, if you don't want help..."

Me: "Nope, I am blissful in my ignorance. There are oreos in it."

Him: "blank stare"

Me: " Have a good night now."

Him: "okay, see you next time."

I WAS amused. At the complete shameless nerve of the dude, as well as the fact that a hugely overweight person thought i would take weight loss or fitness advice from them, AND the idea that since I "have a man," there is not point in trying to lose weight.....

Some people man, I will never understand.....

Comments (40)