Governments first bill while under shutdown

tony jelly

Something important you may think, something vitally important like re-opening the government, no it is a bill to limit freedom of speech, and prevent companies from boycotting Israel.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/05/u-s-senates-first-bill-in-midst-of-shutdown-is-a-bipartisan-defense-of-the-israeli-government-from-boycotts/

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jillinnj

Idiots. Their first bill is for something that doesn't pass constitutional muster. Idiots. And I include all dems that support it including one of my Senators.

2 Likes Save    
GOD

The senate has already passed the first bill of the shutdown

It guarantees back pay for federal workers

https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/senate-passes-bill-guaranteeing-back-pay-for-workers-after-shutdown-ends/

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"It's unbelievable that they would pass such a bill, no matter which party they are in."

I don't see where they did. It's under consideration.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Yes, ABH, that's how the OP link reads:

But in the 2019 GOP-controlled Senate, the first bill to be considered — S.1 — is not designed to protect American workers, bolster U.S. co...

Perhaps "GOD" knows...

GOD

The senate has already passed the first bill of the shutdown

It guarantees back pay for federal workers

Save    
tony jelly

It is true; the bill has not become law yet, I find it odd that this should even be up for consideration, especially when there are more pressing concerns.

Save    
Kathy

Is this a bill that passed before the shutdown and are now being reconsidered?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life First Things First: How to Prioritize Home Projects
What to do when you’re contemplating home improvements after a move and you don't know where to begin
Full Story
Most Popular Considering a Fixer-Upper? 15 Questions to Ask First
Learn about the hidden costs and treasures of older homes to avoid budget surprises and accidentally tossing valuable features
Full Story
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More