Trump should be allowed to "correct" Mueller's Report

GOD

Rudy Giuliani says President Trump’s legal team should be allowed to “correct” special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report before Congress or the American people get the chance to read it.

The claim, made in a telephone interview with The Hill on Thursday evening, goes further than the president’s legal advisers have ever gone before in arguing they have a right to review the conclusions of Mueller’s probe, which is now in its 20th month.

“As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you — so we can correct it if they’re wrong,” said the former New York City mayor, who is a member of Trump's personal legal team. “They’re not God, after all. They could be wrong.”

The special counsel's office declined to comment.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424871-exclusive-trump-team-should-be-allowed-to-correct-final-mueller

SaveComment34Like
Comments (34)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47(7A)

21 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Of course! Who else could be more objective about what the report says than the guy who is the subject of it!

6 Likes Save    
Chi

That will never happen. That would be like letting someone accused of a crime get to "correct" the prosecutor's evidence before the judge and jury can hear it.

I'm sure Mueller has backup plans for such obstruction.

7 Likes Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

Rudy should retire to somewhere quiet and take up painting.

15 Likes Save     Thanked by GOD
GOD

Will the right support that idea?

A king would be allowed to correct the report

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Are there 17 more "lawyers" like Rudy Giuliani?

Gawd help us

3 Likes Save     Thanked by GOD
Kathy

Rudy said Trump would answer no more questions because—-get this——Mueller knew all the answers before they asked the questions.

8 Likes Save    
llucy

I wonder if Rudy and Trump's large team of lawyers already know what they would like to "correct".

4 Likes Save    
roxanna7

momj47's meme for the win!

7 Likes Save    
llucy

Yes, momj47's meme is a keeper worthy of being used again and again as needed!

4 Likes Save    
llucy

Like anytime margiewank posts anything.

7 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn

Trump's only way of correcting the report to put him in a better light would be to set in on fire . That would be a pretty golden glow and we know he likes that orangey golden color.

I really need a meme for this

6 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Rudy said Trump would answer no more questions because—-get this——Mueller knew all the answers before they asked the questions.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Rudy shouldn’t be allowed to speak about Trump. He doesn’t do him any favors.

2 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Kathy, let Rudy talk. He may be the most honest of tRumps friends.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Maybe Rudy is the useful idiot for Muelller. He isn’t innocent himself in the email scam.

2 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Are there 17 more "lawyers" like Rudy Giuliani? Gawd help us

If I was a believer, I'd take 17 new Giuliani lawyer clones as a sure sign that "gawd" was helping.

4 Likes Save    
ann_t

"Giuliani has always been an a-hole, but he wasn't stupid. Something happened to his brain."

The only difference between Trump and Giuliani is that at one point Giuliani wasn't stupid. Now they both suffer from some sort of mental deterioration.

What Giuliani means, is that they want a chance to white wash the report.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Trump should be allowed to "correct" Mueller's Report

Yes, he should be allowed....once he's indicted and on trial his lawyer can do it for him, I hope it's julieannie.

1 Like Save    
GOD

I hope they don't let trump off with a plea to one charge like they did with Agnew

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

I believe he has been on the FBI radar for years, but not until he became President did they really get worried he was a traitor. Mueller has investigated crime figures in the past so he knows where to look.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Apparently it was barr's idea (the guy slated to be the new AG) for all the iran contra figures to get pardoned by bush...so expect some big pardons in the future...

Save    
GOD

Just an observation: The far right likes to "correct" any news they get. For instance , there's a false post up about the Democrats going to PR to "party". They're going to PR, part of the USA, to see the damage, meet to write legislation, show support for the people, and raise money for the charity.

The are meeting with Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, the Puerto Rico Assembly’s Majority Leader Carmelo Ríos Santiago and other Puerto Rico legislative leaders.

It's the Congressional Hispanic Caucus annual retreat, but this trip is open to all democrats.

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

They're going to PR, part of the USA, to see the damage, meet to write legislation, show support for the people, and raise money for the charity. The are meeting with Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, the Puerto Rico Assembly’s Majority Leader Carmelo Ríos Santiago and other Puerto Rico legislative leaders.

Especially important now that Mr. Trump is scheming to take away the few pennies he's thrown their way for reconstruction and rebuilding after the hurricane.

2 Likes Save    
GOD

There's also the issue of dozens (?) of republicans going to Moscow , an enemy of the USA. I'm not sure why they went there, on Russia's dime IIRC

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

There's also the issue of dozens (?) of republicans going to Moscow

They want to see what American government will look like when Mr. Trump sells us out to Russia

3 Likes Save     Thanked by GOD
GOD

I do wonder how many of our govt are working for the russians.

Trump, McConnell, Nunes, Rick Scott definitely , but who else?

1 Like Save    
bob_cville

> They want to see what American government will look like when Mr. Trump sells us out to Russia

I think this is literally true. Specifically they went to see how Russia's totalitarian oligarchy uses the apparatus of government to massively and directly enrich the leaders of the government and their friends, and to crush and squelch any opposition. The Republicans were doubtless rapt, thinking: "We WANT this."

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

Sounds like a new definition of obstruction to me - an accepted way of presenting alternative facts by "correcting" reports.

2 Likes Save    
GOD

and alternative facts = lies

3 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

I do wonder how many of our govt are working for the Russians. Trump, McConnell, Nunes, Rick Scott definitely , but who else?

Add Dana Rohrabacher. Even though he got voted out, he has so long been openly very pro-Russia, it would surprise no one if he had a part over the past two+ years. If you are referring only to working with them now, I think some Republicans are late to being clued in on the influence, but are now flowing along with the rest of the Russian-compromised Republicans. IMO, if they know and are not saying anything, they are working with the others by helping to cover it up.

2 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

This crime family extends way further, way beyond the Trump clan.

Save    
MissMyGardens

The final report will be made public one way or the other.

Trump will likely come out legally unscathed for the most part because elements of obstruction can't be proven as they involve intent. He's too dumb and can swear on a bible he "didn't mean it the way it sounded" no matter how many times he said something. As far as we've heard the only thing he's on tape authorizing is payoff to "what's her name" and that's probably just a monetary fine possibly in realm of electoral laws.

Others will take legal penalties and he doesn't give a sh@t about anyone but himself and his family. If the House finally gets his tax returns through Ways and Means committee he might be on the hook for back taxes, interest and penalties. Again, he'll swear up and down he "didn't know" and "that's what I pay all the lawyers and accountants for".

Investigation may have enough legally defined evidence to make case for obstruction of justice but it's difficult to prove in court and prosecutors will lose ability to prosecute in 5 year limit if he gets second term.

No matter how outrageous his behavior, actions and words are and have been it'll probably remain a political issue. He's amoral and there's no dearth of people willing to spew and defend his callousness.

Those who think he's scum will still think that after report comes out. He'll go on with his life continuing to rant on twitter how he's "won" until he takes his last breath.

1 Like Save    
socks(10a)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Healthy Home How to Childproof Your Home: A Grandmother’s Wisdom
Change kids’ behaviors, not your entire house, to keep the designs you like and prepare children for reality
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Your Complete Guide to Building Permits
Learn about permit requirements, the submittal process, final inspection and more
Full Story
Kitchen Design Disappearing Range Hoods: A New Trend?
Concealed exhaust fans cut visual clutter in the kitchen
Full Story