CNN declines our reporter after finding out wall works

Becca Reese

Raise you hand if you're surprised CNN declined to work with a local news station after finding out they couldn't use them to push their "muh walls" narrative!

And they gnash their teeth when Trump rightfully calls CNN FAKE NEWS. CNN's reporting from the border was a fail on every single level. First Jim Acosta proved that walls work, oops. After that fail, CNN is now exposed for the biased, low-life Trump haters they really are.

Good on KUSI for calling CNN out!

https://www.kusi.com/cnn-requests-kusi-for-local-view-on-the-border-declines-our-reporter-after-finding-out-wall-works/

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown.

KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com. The Border Fence Tour is below.

We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.

We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it.

CNN PR replied to our tweet with the following statement, “We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didn’t end up booking any of them. That happens many times every single day. We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall in November. This is a non story.”

SaveComment41Like1
Comments (41)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
how2girl

“This is a non story.”

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Of course CNN denied it, but I trust that the local news station knows horse doo doo when they see it.

Oh, btw, Jim Acosta's reporting that walls actually work was a non story, too. That's why CNN was digging for some sort of redemption.

Instead, we find out ONCE AGAIN..........WALLS WORK!

Unless you'd like to call more of those hispanic border officers liars.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

There is a reason that CNN has the abysmal ratings that it has.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Just a thought. How many walls could have been built with the money that Obama sent to Iran. Sure wish the dems would have decided that was half as important as 5 billion dollars.

3 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Just a thought. How many walls could have been built with the money that Obama sent to Iran

Dems would rather fund the world's biggest terrorist state than protect Americans. They'd rather we pay BILLIONS each year to fund illegals than spend a fraction of that to build more walls, which every single border agent has told us...work.

Save    
Chi

How many just enter elsewhere? Who would choose to go over a wall when there are other options if they change their path?

I'd also be curious how many people do make it with wall and these heavily patrolled areas. Each one that does shows that walls don't work.

Save    
sheesh(5b)

A lot of us know horse doo doo when we see it.

Save    
Kathy

People along the border want more patrollers and less walls. A wall with no one to man it is useless.

2 Likes Save    
ann_t

Apparently you trump wall lovers have no frigging clue what would be involved in getting a wall built. A totally unnecessary wall.

Ever heard of eminent domain?

Most of the people along that stretch in Texas do not want the wall built on their property. They are prepared to fight it in court. Stealing land doesn't happen over night. It will be fought in court for years to come. Decades.

Unless you are affected by the wall, and could lose your property, your opinion is of no value.

Trump has a history of trying to steal land through eminent domain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trumps-border-wall-would-need-private-property-but-texas-landowners-plan-to-dig-in-for-lengthy-legal-fight/2019/01/10/d7e4cba8-1443-11e9-803c-4ef28312c8b9_story.html?utm_term=.fd171cba23e8

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Why listen to the constituents most affected, they don't live in Ohio or Kansas . Heard the Mayor of El Paso yesterday, the largest Texas border city, he said their is no emergency , no crisis.....then again what does the know?

2 Likes Save    
tony jelly

Spending Iran's money on a wall would satisfy the immoral but it would not be right. The biggest supporter of terrorism in the ME is Saudi Arabia, but the biggest in the world is the United States.

Save    
sheesh(5b)

Serious question: What about the Rio Grande? Apparently we don't worry about "wetbacks" (sorry to use the term) any more.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

The sheriff of Pima county was on last night and he told a completely different story chase. I doubt the mayor is dealing with criminal illegals on a daily basis anyway.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

They very often drown sheesh. But we want them to keep coming right?

I think what the left doesn't get, is there cannot be walls the entire length of the border. But where there is, crossings have dropped over 90%. That leaves border agents free to cover those areas where a wall is not feasible.

Save    
jlhug

Chase, what bout the people in the small towns and communities on the border especially where there is no barrier? I suspect they may see a greater impact than the mayor of a large city which is probably close to a legal point of entry.

Talking to the mayor of the largest city who says there is no emergency or crisis but not talking about what is happening in the small communities or where there are no communities is akin to using 2017 statistics to say the number of crossings is down when the data for 2018 says otherwise. Cherry picking your data doesn’t mean there is no problem.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

And of course Mrsk, you would be just as happy as a pig in 'sheet' to hand over your property, that had been in your family for many decades. Right????

Save    
olliesmom(7)

Chase, really? Mayor of El Paso? Home of Beto?? C'mon now!

Save    
Chi

Those areas with walls now are heavily patrolled. If we move those agents to other areas, immigrants will go over the now unattended walls.

The right liked to dehumanize these immigrants and make assumptions that they aren't smart enough to figure out how to get over a wall. They are.

Save    
olliesmom(7)

ann_t, happens a lot in U.S. It's happened to me. They will be ok.

Save    
PRO
Kitchenwitch111

When Trump talks about his wall, he is talking about a border wall the entire length of the border. He does not say strategic fencing in certain areas. He always goes to we need a 30-foot wall on the border, and sometimes it's made of steel slats, and sometimes it's not. Don't tell me "the left doesn't get it". Trump doesn't explain it.

If he would show some sort of a comprehensive plan for it beyond his foolish every-day-it's-different remarks perhaps more people would take him seriously.

Until then, show me the Pesos.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Trump is risking our lives for a never gonna happen Wall.

Save    
momj47(7A)

The wall works?

Oh really?

Save    
olliesmom(7)

I wonder how San Diego would feel, if we took the wall down?

eta: So glad KUSI didn't back down to the fake news CNN!

Save    
ann_t

ann_t, happens a lot in U.S. It's happened to me. They will be ok.

Right, I'm sure that happened to you ollie.

"Spoken like a true liberal, willing to hand over our country, but not THEIR property. Always willing to let the government do the work, not their liberal self centered self;("

Unless you have skin in the game Margiemargo, your opinion on whether the goverment should steal a fellow American's property is of no value. Especially when the only reason for the wall is to stoke dementia don's ego.

Save    
olliesmom(7)

ann_t, ever heard of highways? You think I'm lying? Ever heard of DOT?

eta: We, however, got paid handsomely.

1 Like Save    
olliesmom(7)

margie! That's right!

ann_t, let's talk when you DO have skin in the game!

1 Like Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
mrskjun(9)

Walls don't work? Do you mean Jim Acosta lied to us?

Maybe that new caravan that is forming in Honduras as we speak will bring their own ladders and saws.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
ann_t

"ann_t, ever heard of highways? You think I'm lying? Ever heard of DOT?"

Do I think you are lying? No. What I think is that your situation was not the same.

I think there is a big difference between a highway being built and stealing property to build a wall to stroke Dementia Don's ego .

Save    
Chi

The walls in San Diego make sense. It's an extremely busy area with hundreds of cars going in and out, drug searches, all kinds of activity. It's chaotic there. Remote stretches of land? Not so much.

Besides, they are already there. They won't further hurt the environment or take land away or cost billions to build.

Save    
olliesmom(7)

Chi, so you are saying the walls work there?

Hmmm, makes sense to me then, I would go where there weren't walls to try to cross.

Save    
ann_t

"Well, of course there is a difference duh, but perhaps the wall would not be seen as a theft but a GIFT!"

Why am I not surprised that a trumpet doesn't know the difference between something taken from them against their will and giving something freely as a "GIFT". One more reason why your opinion is of no value.

Save    
Chi

"Hmmm, makes sense to me then, I would go where there weren't walls to try to cross."

I agree. I think walls in San Diego make sense to help border patrol keep track of the heavy traffic in and out. I doubt it helps stop illegal crossings because they will cross where it's easier.

And if there's an entire wall, they will cross in the easiest, less patrolled areas. It just goes to show that people adjust to our solutions and will find ways around them.

Save    
Becca Reese

I wonder how San Diego would feel, if we took the wall down?

I wonder how Nancy would feel if we took her walls down. And her personal security.

And Obama's fortress.

In fact, why on earth do prisons have walls? Can't we just keep them there with drones?

1 Like Save    
ann_t

"I do know the difference ann_t- my point went over your head."

No Margiemargo, I don't believe you do.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

"I wonder how San Diego would feel, if we took the wall down?

I wonder how Nancy would feel if we took her walls down. And her personal security.

And Obama's fortress."

You guys are just too funny. President Obama puts a wall on his property, one that is low enough to climb over and can be seen through and you use this to try and make a point? You need to try harder.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

The left don't get it olliesmom. Common sense just escapes them;(

Fact do as well, margie.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Drudge Report appearance is a disqualifier.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The money that the government is given *is* limited. (Especially since Trump and GOP go for lowering taxes.)

Many saying "woah" to the wall talk see the huge need for other border protections. The inflow of illicit drugs (most of which come via vehicles given the OK to enter by government employees) is a huge problem. And dealing with that means a major expansion of facilities.

There must be a reason why Trump and the GOP and all their supporters are not dealing with this need.

Why doesn't Trump care (or know?) about this crisis?

Save    
josephene_gw

Margie, uncalled for attacking Ann-.

Save    
josephene_gw

Now your tRump calls it PEACHES?

hahahahahahahahaha.

is that the name of his latest squeeze?

Save    
Becca Reese

margie, I can't imagine being all consumed with the politics of another country, to the point of angry obsession.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Data Watch What Really Makes Us Happy at Home? Find Out From a New Houzz Survey
Great design has a powerful impact on our happiness in our homes. So do good cooking smells, family conversations and, yes, big-screen TVs
Full Story
Data Watch Data Watch: Renovation Industry Sectors Report Uptick in Business
Four of 6 groups report optimism in line with a year ago. Building specialty and outdoor specialty segments see a dip
Full Story
Living Rooms Dream Living Room Makeover Progress Report
See how our sweepstakes winner is handling life in a construction zone — and get a peek at the remodel's progress
Full Story