Interesting progression

Ann

First, the wall was immoral, then the border crisis was manufactured, then a Trump vanity project, and now we know what is wanted by Nancy is a "technological" wall. Whew!

SaveComment32Like1
Comments (32)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Current Resident(z4 WI)

Or.... could it be all three of those things are going on simultaneously?

No progression. Have been hearing all those things - and more - expressed over the past few months.

15 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Current.....Trump supporters don' t have multi layered views on issues........they live in Trump fiat land

13 Likes Save    
roxsol

This is an interesting progression; wall, Mexico will pay, Mexico will make a one time payment, Mexico won’t pay, it’s not a wall, America will pay, it is a wall, don’t call it a wall, call it a peach....

26 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Another wall thread? I'd rather discuss peaches.

6 Likes Save    
Ann

Lol, mayflowers, you're certainly more than welcome to start a peaches thread:)

1 Like Save    
purrmich_7_

And the point of this op?

Most of us understand that events have multiple causes.

Black and white is trumpland. Not real.

7 Likes Save    
roxsol

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Was Trump thinking Im-Peaches. Sending Putin a message?

6 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

I'm interested to hear how a "technological wall" will stop people from crossing illegally into our country. Detect I understand, but how to we stop them. Because once they're in we have to give them due process, set them loose and they're gone. Which is what we have right now, de facto open borders.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

Maybe we detect them, then blast them with phasers a la Star Trek. Set on "stun" of course.

3 Likes Save    
enegiram

A wall will NOT keep people out any more than it will keep people in!

1 Like Save    
Fárbauti

It will keep people out a heck of a lot better than having nothing at all.

2 Likes Save    
purrmich_7_

Will Mexico take the anti-social personalities? Maybe we can crowdfund for bus tickets to Tijuana.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

Speaking of [off topic] peaches, remember this White House press release?

2 Likes Save    
arthurm2015(Micro-Climate, Zone 10b Sydney, Australia)

Is the wall going to get a name?

Great Wall of China.

Hadrian's Wall

?

Are walls obsolete? I am a walls dummy. Has there been any recent wall building apart from the Snow Wall on the Canadian border?

Save    
purrmich_7_

Why "stun"? Why not kill?

We all know how much BO loved his drone kills. It's what dems do. And if dems want drones on the border I can't think of any other reason for them to want that other than to kill people.

Like Save

You're so offensive, cait. You're very anti-social.

I hope mods get it.

1 Like Save    
purrmich_7_

I'd call it more sick than desperate.

1 Like Save    
GOD

IF you get your information from limited sources, you'd believe there was the "progression"" described in the OP

3 Likes Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

Arthur I think it's just "The Wall," although Pink Floyd might object - if I were them Id get a good copyright lawyer on it asap.

Save    
olliesmom(7)

Elvis, LOL!

It has always been known, common sense is not a liberals strong point.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

What's the point in participating in a discussion forum when you have nothing to contribute? Insults are a dime a dozen.

5 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Marg, I was speaking to them in my post. To both sides. To those handful of people who never have anything but insults to add to the discussion.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

mayflowers:

Marg, I was speaking to them in my post. To both sides. To those handful of people who never have anything but insults to add to the discussion.

President Trump represents me, and I want to know in what "holler" I live, and why you think President Trump would "fit in quite well there."

It's no secret you have an extremely low opinion of President Trump, so logic says since he'd fit in well you have an extremely low opinion as well of people that live in "the holler."

Is it just the citizens that live in Appalachia in West Virgina? Georgia? Alabama?

Is it people that are poor and don't have much education, way to make a living and do a lot of meth because they have become dependent on the government, hopeless and uneducated?

Exactly what kind of people in the holler do you think Trump would "fit in quite well" with and do they include children and the elderly, too?

Is it your contention that President Trump ONLY represents people in "hollers?"

Hard to say that with a straight face because he won a lot more votes than "holler votes.'

Enough to win the presidency.

So should he only retire to the "hollers" as you suggest, why not the midwest?

Maybe Ozark Hillbillies? Christians? St. Louis, after all President Trump also won Missouri.

All hollers or just in certain regions?

noun South Midland and Southern U.S.

1. a hollow.

mayflowers:

I bet the Trumps will sell their penthouse in Trump Tower and buy a little something in the holler when he's out of office. After all, he should live among the people he represents. Actually, he'd fit in quite well there.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

If you want to discuss the post I made a few weeks ago I suggest you comment in the thread I posted it in.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Nah,

Hypocrisy monitor doesn't seem to be on duty, filling in.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

You don't want a response?

Save    
socks(10a)

It seems to me dt just wants money without much plan for the wall--the best style, where a wall or fence needs to be built, plans to hire additional people to monitor, proposed technology, accommodations to people who will be impacted by the fence on their property, etc. Where is the planning? It's just a money grab so he can go wild with it.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Sure.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Arthur (the good Arthur) wrote: Are walls obsolete? I am a walls dummy. Has there been any recent wall building apart from the Snow Wall on the Canadian border?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

And this example of a wall has a gargantuan gaping gap.

Save    
jillinnj

Trump doesn't care about a wall. He doesn't even care about the money to build a wall. He only cares that his cult *thinks* there is or there is going to be a wall. He even tried to tell them there was already a wall. They would have believed it too except for that Fox thing (Coulter, Ingraham? can't remember, they're all the same) called him out for that lie.

Save    
elvis

Just giving an example of a modern wall, z. There are many.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Living Rooms Dream Living Room Makeover Progress Report
See how our sweepstakes winner is handling life in a construction zone — and get a peek at the remodel's progress
Full Story
Modern Architecture That's Interesting! 6 Designs That Defy Labels
Get inspired by the lines and textures of these homes, categorized only by the fact that they have no category
Full Story
Decorating Guides Mix Your Lamp Styles for Major Interest
Unpair those light fixtures for unrivaled personality and appeal. Here’s how to do it right
Full Story