IVANKA TRUMP SUGGESTED AS POSSIBLE WORLD BANK PRESIDENT

momj47(7A)

Please, please, tell us this is Borowitz

IVANKA TRUMP SUGGESTED AS POSSIBLE WORLD BANK PRESIDENT WITH HER FATHER TO DECIDE NEXT HEAD OF INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTION: REPORT

President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump is one of a small handful of Trump administration officials being considered for the head of the World Bank after its Obama-appointed head Jim Yong Kim resigned suddenly this week, shocking staffers, the Financial Times reported Friday.

The president has already been accused of nepotism for appointing his daughter to the role of special adviser, and her White House role is unpaid in order to avoid accusations of ethics breaches. Since taking up this official role, Ivanka Trump has met with numerous heads of government and even appeared to replace her father at a G20 world leaders meeting, where she sat next to British Prime Minister Theresa May and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Many at the time noted that this move was unprecedented.

She was also reportedly considered for the role of United Nations ambassador after Nikki Haley announced that she would resign. Trump dismissed the rumors, noting that he would be accused of nepotism if his daughter were appointed.

The World Bank president is chosen by the bank’s board, with the voting shares distributed based on how much money each country has given to the bank. A deal between the U.S. and European shareholders has ensured that the U.S. candidate is selected to run the World Bank while the Europeans lead the International Monetary Fund. This arrangement has been increasingly criticized by countries like China, however.

For now, Kristalina Georgieva, a Bulgarian politician and former European Union commissioner who has been working as the World Bank’s chief executive, will act as interim president until Kim is replaced.

SaveComment100Like
Comments (100)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy

Just what we need. A Trump in charge of the world Bank. Trump will be able to designate what countries get money. What could go Wrong?

7 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
jn3344

Hahahaaaaaahaha!

Lets play that game "What If Obama Had Done That!"

Grassley and Graham both woulda dropped dead from an aneurysm.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
foodonastump

We really don’t know, Trump may know something about her qualifications that we don’t. We should give him benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
momj47(7A)

We really don’t know, Trump may know something about her qualifications that we don’t. We should give him benefit of the doubt.

Hahahaaaaaahaha!

Good one FOAS!

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

5 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
Izzy Mn

No, just no. She hawked apparel and shoes and on a reality TV show. What possible qualifies her for that. Plus her and Jared always seem to have a angle to benefit themselves.

Jared and Ivanka could profit for tax breaks they heavily pushed for. Opportunity Zone tax breaks. Wanna bet they have a bunch of real estate in those zones?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-could-profit-from-tax-break-they-pushed/

8 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
josephene_gw

Hahahahahahahagaghahahahaandmorehahahaha

2 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
jerzeegirl(9b)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

patriciae_gw(07)

People, people, she has purse designs and you put credit cards in your purse right? So the connection is there and she will look really good all at the same time, maybe in a superficial artificial sort of way but then money is artificial.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
nopartyghost

This is a joke right? Putting that entitled snobby self absorbed witch in charge of anything to do with money would only insure money going into the dementia don crime family bank accounts

6 Likes Save    
petalique

Ivanka needs the money.

1 Like Save    
enegiram

She is going to need more than money, once the Mueller Report comes out....

4 Likes Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Just another reason to hope that the Trump crazy train will be derailed sooner rather than later.

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

She should be thoroughly embarrassed to even be considered......but nothing embarrasses a Trump.

5 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

Rip off the entire planet -- the ultimate trump racket.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
paprikash

Regardless of the haters and the jealous and those with TDS, Ivanka is a bright and beautiful young woman. In fact, I think President Trump has a lovely family and is rightfully proud of them all.

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

Barf

11 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Barf

j-j-j-j-jealous

Not every woman can be rich and beautiful.

2 Likes Save    
HU-249913260

Regardless of the haters and the jealous and those with TDS, Ivanka is a bright and beautiful young woman.

I love a financial genius with good clothes and makeup, don't you? Alan Greenspan, for example, a brilliant and educated mind. But, what did he wear? It was so important to world financial security!

14 Likes Save    
how2girl

Not the slightest bit Becca. I am rich & beautiful.

Why are looks & money the qualifying criteria?

8 Likes Save    
chase_gw

No problem with rich and beautiful but experience and skills might be part of the job qualifications too.

11 Likes Save    
Chi

I wouldn't trade lives with Ivanka Trump for a billion dollars, so no, not jealousy. I think she is self-aware enough to know that it would be a terrible idea if she wanted anyone to ever take her seriously again.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Why do you mention “beautiful?” Would you say a candidate for the position was “handsome” as part of his qualifications?

Shes beautiful like a Barbie doll.

You throw out a lot of “bait.” I took it this time.

5 Likes Save    
how2girl

Plastic like a barbie doll

5 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

manufactured artificially like a barbie doll

5 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Rich and beautiful really doesn't qualify anyone for anything any more

3 Likes Save    
tony jelly

She did major in finance at Wharton, and she cuts an imposing figure so there is that. Her experience is in business with a stint in a reality show. She has the business experience and the reality show in common with her father who is president and he knows nothing and is far from attractive, so who knows.

Annie Deighnaugh

Great...no better way to bring down the global economy than by spreading trump incompetence around the world.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
momj47(7A)

... she attended Georgetown University for two years, then transferred to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, from which she graduated cum laude with a bachelor's degree in economics in 2004. Her father had also transferred to Wharton after two years at another institution.

Same school, same degree

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

There are many qualified who are not tainted.

judeNY_gw

"Great...no better way to bring down the global economy than by spreading trump incompetence around the world."

And isn't that exactly Putin's goal.

Joaniepoanie

Bright? How does anyone know? Trump's daddy bought his degree for him from Penn...my guess is Trump did the same for his three.

enegiram

Beautiful? only if lots of plastic surgery counts...she is ugly on the inside, it is Trump trait.

6 Likes Save    
paprikash

enegiram

Beautiful? only if lots of plastic surgery counts...she is ugly on the inside, it is Trump trait.

—————

your green slip is showing

It’s Amazing you know this young woman so well that you can judge her inside ugliness — perhaps you see yourself there?

if she had plastic surgery or not I really don’t care. Perhaps Chelsea had a bit done, too. Who knows — who cares.

At least she doesn’t have a mustache........

1 Like Save    
judeNY_gw

Trumper values on display.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
jillinnj

Why do Trumpsters find it impossible to just say "no, we need someone with actual experience"? Will the GOP police show up at their door? Why so hard?

Perhaps one of the 2 posting here can explain what her looks have to do with qualifications for the job?

Seems to me the rest (other than the 2 here) have the sense to stay away since they clearly are not capable of admitting that it's a stupid choice.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
mayflowers

Beauty is important to paprikash. She mentions it in every post defending Melania and then follows it with calling us jealous.

I don't care what she looks like or how smart she is. Trump has given far too much power to her and Jared. It's nepotism. He hopes she'll be the first female president someday so he's pumping up her resume.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
paprikash

Well, heck, we elected a president with no experience (BHO). Many here commented and continue to comment ad nauseum what a hunk he is. Gag, gag. Don’t be a hypocrite now.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yeah beauty is what counts as it height. After all, trump dumped janet yellen as fed chair because she was too short for the job!!

Save    
momj47(7A)

Well, heck, we elected a president with no experience.

OMG, you think Trump is a hunk?

6 Likes Save    
Lily613

Someone here who posted the pre-surgery Ivanka pic here last week, please post it again for all the people who deride us for calling her plastic barbie. She, as well as Melania, do not resemble their former selves in the slightest. You would not know they were the same persons. A real Barbie doll has less plastic than Ivanka. Poor thing...she needs to look at her gene pool...her fat orange daddy and her grotesque looking mother to know what the future really holds.

That said...she is totally unqualified for any of the positions her father gave her.

3 Likes Save    
macimom

Hilarious Becky calling others jealous!!!

3 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Well, heck, we elected a president with no experience (BHO). Many here commented and continue to comment ad nauseum what a hunk he is. Gag, gag. Don’t be a hypocrite now.

Ha! You do know that no newly elected President has experience as President, right? How did you miss the fact that Obama was a Senator? What government experience did your mentally retarded hero have? Oh, yes, running scams his entire life and never having to negotiate anything his entire life.

Nobody commented "ad nauseum" what a hunk he is. Yes, some comments made when comparison of him and the retarded overweight jerk in office now, but the vast majority of comments on Obama were and are about his policies and not his looks.

You, on the other hand, cannot make a comment about Ivanka or Melania without gushing over how pretty they are. And you cannot make a comment about Michelle without disparaging her body and apparently now her facial hair.

You do show us what is important to you, so thanks for that.

13 Likes Save    
macimom

^^^yes. When they show you who they are, believe them.

8 Likes Save    
batyabeth

"Why do Trumpsters find it impossible to just say "no, we need someone with actual experience"?"

this.

7 Likes Save    
Chi

Because they know it would anger liberals, and that's justification enough for them.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Really good question baytabeth..........

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Looking at things through my new lens that someone here made very clear to me -- chi is correct. As long as liberals are unhappy, they are happy.

(that was actually my question, chase)

---

Please, please, tell us this is Borowitz

11 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Sorry jill, missed that...good question

4 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I was making a joke when I mentioned appearance knowing how important that is to so many of our fellow forum members. Her appearance is as important to the proposed job as is her actul experience in banking and finance. As in not. She has considerable experience with financial scandals though. Do they take that into consideration?

3 Likes Save    
elvis

The OP title is: IVANKA TRUMP SUGGESTED AS POSSIBLE WORLD BANK PRESIDENT

Who knows why j47 shouted it, who cares.

My question is: Who "suggested" this? The OP & link don't say. Are you repeating gossip?

Save    
momj47(7A)

You do, otherwise, why you wouldn't have posted your comment.

I did it just for you, elvis

Though I can't claim all the credit, I just pasted the Newsweek healdine

I guess they did it that way to annoy you, elvis.

I guess you didn't read the article either

5 Likes Save    
elvis

I guess you didn't read the article either

Perhaps you didn't have your reading glasses on, j47?

From my post above ^^^^

My question is: Who "suggested" this? The OP & link don't say. Are you repeating gossip?

You can just admit that you don't know, nothing terrible will happen, pretty sure.

1 Like Save    
Campanula UK Z8

Oh pleeeeese. I would stay up all night to watch Iwanka fumbling witlessly through the arcane theories of currency markets and obscure financial instruments. Sadly, this is unlikely to ever happen, so we cannot have a massive smirk-off when the silicon stuffed nitwit is revealed to be a totally vacuous nonentity. .

14 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
elvis

Nice to see you. Camp.

Save    
Olychick

Borowitz is right. Even he couldn't come up with this, it's so absurd.

5 Likes Save    
elvis

Well, who did "come up with this"? j47 posted the thread, and even she doesn't know.

Save    
1 Like Save    
mayflowers

Good lord, elvis. The answer isn't hard to find yet you have badgered mom three times (or is that thrice?). The answer is the Financial Times and it says so in mom's OP. In the first article I read after googling the story, the Guardian, it says the idea has been floating around Washington. Maybe it was meant as a joke.

momj47(7A)

Maybe it was meant as a joke.

I sure think (hope) it is a joke

Elvis, do you think it's true? Is that why you are so worried about the source?

The trouble is, these days, with Mr. Trump, even the most far-fetched idiotic rumors have an alarming tendency to be true

3 Likes Save    
tony jelly

Donald Trump does not get to decide who holds this position; it is decided internationally with the US getting the most significant number of votes. Consequently, the director has always been an American. One function of the World Bank is to deal with poverty, and another is the effects of global warming on wealth worldwide. It has not always done a good job, and it is accused, with some justification, of being biased towards the west and the US in particular. In my opinion, Ivanka would continue this bias, so this would make her an ideal candidate, or not depending on your worldview.

1 Like Save    
jillinnj

Well, who did "come up with this"? j47 posted the thread, and even she doesn't know.

More word games. Please do let us know when have something to add to the conversation without playing games.

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Borowitz is right. Even he couldn't come up with this, it's so absurd.

Well, not quite. He would come up with something like this. Unfortunately, it's not satire anymore!

4 Likes Save    
elvis

Financial Times has a firewall, and I'm not about to subscribe, You'll have to do better.

Save    
mayflowers

Good lord again! She can't do better. The Financial Times is the source of the story. Subscribe to read the article or scour the internet to find another publication that quoted them. Let us know what you find out.

The Guardian is reporting it's "floating around Washington". It's a rumor but an amusing one to consider.

Maybe you should stick to word games.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/12/ivanka-trump-world-bank-donald-trump-report

4 Likes Save    
elvis

It's a rumor...

There you go! That only took 18 hours, how exhausting. As I said then:

elvis

Like Save 18 hours ago

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

The right wing wants names

And email address, too, no doubt ....................

Then they get passed on to the right wing extremists, like Koflage, who can publish their addresses and phone numbers in one of their rags and his supporters can send them death threats.

Save    
jillinnj

Financial Times has a firewall, and I'm not about to subscribe, You'll have to do better.

Nobody else is responsible for you not being able to get to a website but you.

5 Likes Save    
mayflowers

The Guardian quoted the Financial Times as saying it's "floating around Washington". None of us here know if it's just a rumor or if there is more to it than that because no one has read the Financial Times article. Maybe you should, elvis.

Save    
elvis

elvis

Save    
jillinnj

Now you copy and paste your own post? Is that supposed to convince us? It's still your own problem if you cannot get to a website. Stop expecting others to solve your problems.

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Hahaha

Oh my goodness, more of that right wing "personal responsibility"!

Almost every decent news source has a paywall. Deal with it and stop whining

Which also explains why all those right wing news sources are free to everyone

5 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Isn't that a paywall? Just to add more confusion.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Darned if I know, p. All I know is I'm not paying for it.

Gee, I sound so...conservative.

Save    
catticusmockingbird

Isn't that a paywall?

Yes. Easy to circumvent by using a private window.

Save    
elvis

Isn't that stealing?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Isn't that stealing?

You know this from personal experience?

Save    
elvis

momj47(7A)

Isn't that stealing?

You know this from personal experience?

Well, sort of. I have a background in law enforcement, and it doesn't sound...honest. Just sayin'. Just because one can do it, doesn't mean one should.

Right?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Isn't Ivanka at risk for prison for using her personal email account for government work?

5 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

I have a background in law enforcement,

I seem to recall you saying you were a social worker?

1 Like Save    
elvis

Yep.

Save    
how2girl

Try this then, it references the Financial Times article (which is obviously geoblocked).

httreport-2019-1?r=US&IR=Tps://www.businessinsider.com.au/ivanka-trump-world-bank-candidate-president-

1 Like Save    
elvis

Thanks for the effort, how2. Since this is (to me) a rather outrageous assertion (the OP), I'm not comfortable with giving it credence w/o something more substantial, so I'll just continue to consider it gossip and ignore.

Again, thanks anyway!

Save    
nopartyghost

The WH has announced she will be participating in the selection of the next world bank president. She shouldn't be allowed to select toilet paper. Totally unqualified for anything except stealing shoe designs.

5 Likes Save    
how2girl

Fair enough elvis...as Mark Twain said “Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt”

2 Likes Save    
kaych

Op starts with;

"IVANKA TRUMP SUGGESTED AS POSSIBLE WORLD BANK PRESIDENT"

(people actually pay for this?)

It then turns to;

"The WH has announced she will be participating in the selection of the next world bank president."

With an added;

"She shouldn't be allowed to select toilet paper."

LOL! Too funny! Why not just start a thread titled;

"Lets See How Many Ways We Dems Can Trash Ivanka Trump...

like the women advocates [sic] we are."

Save    
purrmich_7_

We've already done that. thoroughly.

When it comes to considering her in any position regarding the World Bank - we'd be stupid not to react with horror.

We are not slaves to trumpism.

8 Likes Save    
Kathy

Ivanka stole her shoe designs from a famous designer. Seems she can’t even do that legally.

5 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

On this thread, she has gotten more credit than she earned.

4 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

"Lets See How Many Ways We Dems Can Trash Ivanka Trump...

like the women advocates [sic] we are."

Being an advocate for women does not mean that we are required to idolize those women in power (or not) who are foolish, idiotic, or exploit others for their own financial gain.

You can be an advocate for women's rights and criticize specific women, it is just the same as applauding the Gillet Add does not make me a man-hater.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

Kathy

Ivanka stole her shoe designs from a famous designer. Seems she can’t even do that legally

Really! Source? Your hairdresser, perhaps?

It was over one shoe, the Hettie, because the Aquapazza shoe and the Hettie have identical pom-poms. Aquapazza withdrew its claim and Trump withdrew her counterclaim.

It was basically a cat fight over pom-pom rights.

Save    
maifleur01

I seem to remember a heel was involved but that might have been one of the other lawsuits.

Save    
elvis

No other lawsuits, maif.

Save    
how2girl

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Decide for yourself if she copied the designs. Just because they settled the suit or it was dropped is a common solution.

https://mic.com/articles/180929/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-lawsuit-alleging-ivanka-trump-ripped-off-aquazzura-shoes#.TEEMWXN6q

Save    
elvis

Okay. So you are changing your statement below:

Kathy

Ivanka stole her shoe designs from a famous designer. Seems she can’t even do that legally

to what? How about this for accuracy:

"A competitor filed a lawsuit against Ivanka's company for allegedly copying one design for one style of shoe."

Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

By what stretch of the imagination is she qualified to help choose the president of the World Bank? I mean, how ridiculous is that?

6 Likes Save    
elvis

Now that's what we should be discussing. Thank you, Ingrid.

I have no idea why Ivanka Trump would be qualified to do that. I doubt the rumor is true.

1 Like Save    
how2girl

Well she’s banned from running charities & is quite experienced in bankruptcy = tick, just right for the selection committee.

Save    
momj47(7A)

I wonder if Ivanka started this rumor?

Seems like something a Trump would do

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen of the Week Kitchen of the Week: Style Trumps Ease in a San Francisco Loft
What’s a little ladder climbing when you’ve got a gorgeous-looking kitchen design like this?
Full Story
Data Watch Houzz Survey Results: Remodeling Likely to Trump Selling in 2014
Most homeowners say they’re staying put for now, and investing in features to help them live better and love their homes more
Full Story
Most Popular Follow One Man’s Midcentury-Mailbox Dream
An ill-fitting mailbox leads a determined dad on a quest — and possibly to a new business
Full Story