SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_c16

Outdated bathroom needs a budget facelift!

Plantmom Meli
5 years ago

I've been doing my best to make this little blast from the past appear a little more presentable, however I could use some advice. This is a fairly small bathroom so there isn't a ton of room to add say a shelf for organizing but there is space to maybe spruce up the decor.

This bathroom is south facing, but the window faces the neighbours so it will get a lot of light midday but otherwise is pretty dark.

Whoever designed this space originally was SO close to making a space that was timeless, but instead they chose his wacky floor tile, and gold feathery accent tile. I'm not a huge fan of pedestal sinks, but I guess it works because it's a small space. The faucet is pretty much the only thing in this bathroom that is in poor condition. The gold has faded away to silver and the hot water side is broken.

I'm not ready to spend a lot of money updating this as we will eventually rip it out. I would be willing to make some surface level changes to hopefully make it feel a slight bit more modern.

Should I paint the walls?
replace the faucet?
add some decor?
what colours would work?

Thank you for your help!!!

Comments (23)