GoFundMe offering refunds after BuildtheWall scam

dandyfopp

New thread, unhappy donor made my post disappear on the thread.

I am sorry you got scammed, but at least Gofundme will give you your money back. :-)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gofundme-border-wall-campaign-implodes-turns-to-kris-kobach-and-sheriff-clarke-for-new-non-profit

GoFundMe Border Wall Campaign Implodes, Turns to Kris Kobach and Sheriff Clarke

A decorated veteran who raised more than $20 million to finance construction of a wall along the southern U.S. border has announced that he will instead use the money to finance a new nonprofit group that will build the wall itself—or at least a couple miles of it.

Brian Kolfage’s crowdfunding campaign on the website GoFundMe went viral in December, before news outlets uncovered previous instances in which the triple-amputee veteran appeared to have pocketed funds raised through similar, if far smaller, campaigns billed as efforts to assist wounded warriors.

Now Kolfage, a prolific operator of conspiracy theory Facebook pages, has recruited a team of prominent figures in President Donald Trump’s orbit to run a new 501(c)(4) nonprofit, named We Fund The Wall, to do some wall construction of its own. The new group’s board, Kolfage announced on Friday, includes Erik Prince, the founder of infamous military contract Blackwater; David Clarke, the former scandal-plagued sheriff of Milwaukee County; Fox News contributor Sara Carter; Tom Tancredo, an immigration hardliner and former Colorado congressman; and former Kansas Secretary of State and voter fraud crusader Kris Kobach.

“I joined the organization because its mission is of the highest importance to our country,” Kobach told The Daily Beast. “The wall needs to be completed, and it needs to be done as soon as possible. The best way to accomplish that is through a combination of both public and private efforts.”

The group’s formation comes amidst heated fighting in Washington over financing for Trump’s border wall. A partial shutdown of the federal government has persisted for nearly three weeks as Trump and Democratic congressional leaders spar over the former’s demands for more than $5 billion in border wall funding.

Kolfage’s fundraising campaign was initially designed to help finance that construction with private contributions. He insisted that he had been in contact with a number of federal officials and members of Congress devising ways to funnel the massive amounts of money raised on GoFundMe to the federal treasury.

It appears that that plan went awry.

“The federal government won’t be able to accept our donations anytime soon,” Kolfage said in an update on the GoFundMe page on Friday.

It’s not clear how much money from the crowdfunding effort will make it to the nonprofit. GoFundMe is emailing donors with an option to proactively agree to send their money to We Fund the Wall, but if donors decline or never respond to that option, they’ll receive a refund.

In a statement, GoFundMe cited Kolfage’s initial statements on the fundraising page as proof that the initial campaign had failed to achieve its goal. In GoFundMe’s view, that means they can refund donors’ money.

“When the campaign was created, the campaign organizer specifically stated on the campaign page, ‘If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny,’” GoFundMe’s statement reads. “He also stated on the campaign page, ‘100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don't reach our goal we will refund your donation.’ However, that did not happen.”

Dustin Stockton, a conservative activist and We Fund The Wall spokesman, said he expects that enough people will agree to redirect their GoFundMe contributions for the group to retain a sizable portion of the funds.

Rather than financing federal efforts to build the wall, We Build The Wall plans to go the route that its name suggests and finance construction on its own, according Stockton. He said the group to secure enough funding from its initial GoFundMe supporters to build “at least two miles” along the southern border, which is nearly 2,000 miles long.

The group has already been in touch with landowners in Texas about buying or leasing their land for wall construction, Stockton said. It’s also retained two law firms to deal with regulatory issues that are sure to dog the project, including Barnes & Thornburg and Foley & Lardner. Cleta Mitchell, an attorney with the latter, who Stockton said is working with the new nonprofit, is a prominent conservative lawyer representing a host of political and nonprofit groups aligned with President Trump’s agenda.

We Build The Wall is also staffing up administratively, a hiring spree that Stockton said is being financed by private donors, not GoFundMe contributions. He declined to name any of the donors.

“As a message, getting 330,000 people to dip into their pockets to get money is already having an effect on the debate,” Stockton said, citing assurances from Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) that the GoFundMe campaign had encouraged House conservatives to include border wall funding in a key federal funding bill last month.

But We Build The Wall is convinced that private funding for wall construction, to the extent it can be marshalled, is preferable, given Washington’s inability to agree on a funding package. “We expect we’re going to be able to construct the wall so much more efficiently than the government,” Stockton said.

SaveComment94Like5
Comments (94)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
d_gw

I tried to post this three times. What the heck?

Anyway, thank goodness that GFM was not sucked into his financial Tom Foolery.

10 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)
5 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

I wonder if Ann got her $62 back yet

5 Likes Save    
GOD

GO Fund Me, INC. is making them give the money back. They wanted it transferred directly to the "charity"

9 Likes Save    
GOD

Think it's a coincidence that it happened just a day or two after it was revealed that his previous drive for money never gave a dime away? He kept the money himself

10 Likes Save    
foodonastump

So it’ll take a positive election to have money forwarded to the “charity” or else it gets refunded. I’m predicting a lot of refunds.

4 Likes Save    
dockside_gw

Interesting that Brian wants people to consent to transferring their contribution to a "charity" which he, no doubt, will head for a good amount of money as "salary." He's a scammer and those that lost money deserve it. We have a similar scammer in Washington state who was a former watch salesman. He started initiatives that were always connected with scaring people about taxes. He now has assets of $2 million. Unfortunately, because much of what he did is not legal, he owes, in fines and other debts, over $4 million. He has declared bankruptcy. I hope he loses everything he made scamming people who donated money to him.

11 Likes Save    
llucy

"The group has already been in touch with landowners in Texas about buying or leasing their land for wall construction, Stockton said. It’s also retained two law firms to deal with regulatory issues that are sure to dog the project..

Even if they got some Texas landowners to sell a portion of their property, sounds like it might take awhile to get anything done.

Meanwhile...who is controlling the 20 M? Is Kolfage taking administrative fees? The law firms aren't gonna work for free, so how much money would even be left to work with?

4 Likes Save    
d_gw

You donate to a GFM account and then GFM distributes it. I'm sure they want to get their cut before they release the money. Kolfage didn't hit his goal so I suspect he hasn't seen any of the money.

Save    
d_gw

This is from their site.

For Donors to "We The People Will Fund The Wall"

As explained in update #18 on the campaign, you have until April 10, 2019 to let GoFundMe know if you’d like your donation to be sent to the new 501(c)(4) organization: We Build The Wall, Inc. If we don't hear from you by April 10, we will refund your donation.

When the campaign was created, the campaign organizer specifically stated on the campaign page, “If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny.” and "100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don't reach our goal we will refund your donation.” Now that the specific plan for the use of funds raised on the campaign has changed from what was originally stated, donors need to choose how they want their money handled.

If you donated before January 11, 2019, and do not let GoFundMe know that you want your donation to be sent to We Build The Wall Inc, you will be automatically refunded on April 11, 2019.

You should have received an email with the subject line, “Important message from GoFundMe about your donation to We The People Will Fund The Wall” at the email address you used to donate. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please be sure to check your spam or junk folders. You will be able to take action on your donation through this email.

You can also take action through the buttons below:

Save    
purrmich_7_

Sad for the worthy and honest causes GFM is normally associated with.

Suckers for all the donators.

5 Likes Save    
GOD

D_gw

From GFM site:

Reaching your goal is not required. With GoFundMe, you keep each and every donation you receive. Your campaign will be able to accept donations even after your goal is reached. Once the goal is reached, the progress meter on your campaign will show that you have received more than your goal amount. If you’d like to continue raising money, you can keep your campaign running for as long as you’d like.

Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

There is a sucker born every minute so there is always some one always in a corner ready to separate them of their money.

5 Likes Save    
foodonastump

D - GFM doesn’t get a cut. I read about this when the contributions started coming in. A while back they went to a format where rather than taking set fees, they solicit optional contributions at time of donation. So whether they make money or lose their shirts on this is entirely up to how the donors “tipped” them.

Save    
blfenton

I'm assuming that if someone gives money to a GFM that is not a charitable donation. If Brian Kolfage transfers all this money to a charity is he going to issue tax receipts to all those who donated?

1 Like Save    
GOD

FOAS, that's definitely true for personal accounts. I'm not sure what this would be considered, but it has fees

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/how-does-gofundme-work-fees/

Save    
Kathy

Bait and Switch? Who would have guessed?

7 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Think this scam will wake Trump supporters up? Probably not.

7 Likes Save    
d_gw

FOAS, there is a processing fee when you use GFM. Fee/cut, it's the same to me. IMO, it means GFM gets a share. YMMV.

From their site:

The GoFundMe platform is free. Standard payment processing fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation allows for credit card processing and safe transfer of funds.

They take "tips" too.

Save    
Kathy

I figured someone would dig into his past with the attention he put on himself. It didn’t take long.

5 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Although the post is gone, I think I may stand corrected. They dropped the 5% platform fee but still take 2.9%+$0.30 per donation, for processing fee. So that’s about $700K on this campaign? Plus tips.

1 Like Save    
MissMyGardens

What a motley crew of partners! Every one a conspiracy ridden anti-immigrant crusader.

Mr. Koflage has already "made money" even if he never sees a dime of contributions from that GoFundMe account because he now has a very valuable email list to sell and/or use for his own purposes or that of anyone he might "rent" it to.

[On Friday, NBC News reported on Kolfage’s history of harvesting large political email lists, including one text message in which Kolfage discussed using petitions to “steal/collect emails.”]

Funding for all the lawyers and administrative staff they're hiring is coming from "dark money" which doesn't have to be identified.

We Build The Wall scam is registering with the IRS as a 501(c)(4) "social welfare" group which differs from traditional 501(c)(3) "charity" with deductible contributions.

"Contributions to 501(c)(4) organizations are generally not deductible with limited exceptions for certain contributions to volunteer fire companies and war veterans organizations."

Aren't "war veterans" the ones who were supposed to benefit from the last GoFundMe "charity" for which Koflage collected money and didn't give them?

Drain the swamp? We Build The Wall appears to be convenient vehicle for lobbying:

[501(c)(4) organizations may engage in unlimited lobbying in furtherance of their social welfare purposes.]

The 501(c)(4) IRS designation means We Build The Wall can use up to 49% of assets for anything other than their declared "social welfare" purpose, i.e. THE WALL.

What a scam but looking at the cast of characters ID'd in the article it's not surprising.

People thought they were supporting a known quantity and ends up they donated to a scam. Pretty pathetic action from group of grifters being hyper-funded by investors who are totally unknown to those who donated for a wall.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

FOS, that ought to wake people up as well. Think before you donate.

2 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Fools, every single one of them.

5 Likes Save    
how2girl

Snort

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Wonder what Ann thinks about all this?

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Does GFM keep a portion if refunds are sent?

1 Like Save    
Maddie AtHome

Just like Trump, preying on the gullible.

Some never learn.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Just like Trump, preying on the gullible.

And now they have all the email addresses of the gullible

Behind #GoFundTheWall, a shadowy email harvesting operation

According to former employees and public records including website archives, Nevada business registrations and property records, Kolfage has repeatedly created GoFundMe campaigns and published inflammatory fake news articles, pushing them both from websites that he sought to hide behind shell companies and false identities, in part to harvest email addresses. Those addresses were then used to push people back to Kolfage's websites, to sell a brand of coffee he owns, or to be stockpiled for future use by conservative campaigns.

Through his border-wall campaign, he claims to have gathered 3.5 million email addresses, which are essential to his broader operation — a wide-ranging and multipronged effort to collect a list of Trump supporters who have proven to be sources of donations for conservative efforts, former employees told NBC News.

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Kolfage's email harvesting previously relied on two ultra-conservative websites, FreedomDaily and Right Wing News, that frequently trafficked in false and politically divisive news, according to two former employees and two owners of competitor websites.

2 Likes Save    
GOD

Kathy

Does GFM keep a portion if refunds are sent?

I don't know.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

When I first saw the header, I thought it was referring to trump's campaign scam where he sent dunning letters before and after his tv wall speech where he said it would support the wall but went instead directly into his campaign coffers. Silly me. trump never returns money to *anyone* he scams.

Just like how he had his campaign funds going to djt-jr's defense team...

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Isn't it amazing that the haters will go to such lengths to show their hatred as to attack a triple-amputee veteran?

Say, how's your ballsy ford spending her Go Fund Me? Is she back to work yet, or is she too busy jetting around in those scawwwwwwy pwanes?

Save    
d_gw

You think Kolfage is allowed to scam people out of money just because he's a vet? Good to know.

15 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Hey, d_gw , why not! The same folk think it's AOK for Trump to lie, cheat, and scam money from his charity because he gives them what they want. Ethics, values, and honesty be damned!

11 Likes Save    
ann_t

Well you know what they say. 'A fool and her money are soon parted'.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

Since Kolfage wasn’t a charity will people actually be allowed a refund? Or was the money transferred to him already? I would be leery of donating to an individual when I didn’t know their track record.

We can't refund donations without permission from the charity you've given to. This is because donations are automatically transferred to each charity.

Please get in touch with the charity you've donated to, and explain that you'd like a refund.

If they're happy for us to refund the donation, they should email help@justgiving.com. Once we've received their email and processed your refund, you'll receive the funds back into the account used within 5 - 10 working days.

Please be aware that donations made over 6 months ago won't be able to be refunded through JustGiving. These will need to be refunded by the charity directly.

If you've donated to a Crowdfunding Page, it's not possible to receive a refund. This is because we transfer the money raised to the Page Owner once the 30 days is up. If you've got any questions about how the money you've donated will help, you contact them using the link on the bottom of their page.

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

Isn't it amazing that the haters will go to such lengths to show their hatred as to attack a triple-amputee veteran?

Looks like someone is having a hard time dealing with facts .............. again

5 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Yes, Momj, it is a vewwwy scawwwwwwy time for them. Those darn facts, you know.

4 Likes Save    
llucy

If you've donated to a Crowdfunding Page, it's not possible to receive a refund. This is because we transfer the money raised to the Page Owner once the 30 days is up.

Hmm. Has it been 30 days since Kolfage started the page?

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Ann started her thread about this scam on December 19.

No indication of when the GFM page went up

$20,000,000 would help a lot of furloughed government and contract employees

2 Likes Save    
llucy

$20,000,000 would help a lot of furloughed government and contract employees

Sure would, but something makes me think Kolfage ain't going to.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Does that mean if you don’t ask for a refund before Jan 19 GFM will hand rest over to Kolfage? It sounds that way to me. I will be interested to see what happens by then.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

One family received GFM money for surgery from someone who started it for them. They had to pay 19,000 taxes on 50,000 collected. If the person who started the GFM had paid the bills directly that could have been avoided. It pays to know the rules.

1 Like Save    
d_gw

No, you have to opt out of a refund. Which means if you do nothing, you'll get your money back. GFM obviously does not like the optics of this and they are going out of their way to distance themselves from Kolfage. I wonder if he will be allowed start new campaigns.

If you donated before January 11, 2019, and do not let GoFundMe know that you want your donation to be sent to We Build The Wall Inc, you will be automatically refunded on April 11, 2019.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Update! Kolfage is garbage.

1 Like Save    
GOD

GFM has said the refunds are automatic for the wall. If you want the money to stay with the scammer, you have to request it.

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000279271

Bobby Whithorne, a spokesman for GoFundMe, said in a statement on Friday that Mr. Kolfage’s original campaign page had said “If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny” and that “100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don’t reach our goal we will refund your donation.”

Mr. Whithorne said that since the campaign was not going to reach the $1 billion goal, and that both GoFundMe and Mr. Kolfage had determined the money raised could not be given to the federal government, GoFundMe had contacted all donors to the original campaign about the refund.

Donors can ask for a refund immediately, Mr. Whithorne said, but if they do not choose to redirect their money to the nonprofit, they will automatically receive a refund in 90 days.

Donations made from Jan. 11th onward go to the new charity, and aren't eligible for refunds

Save    
Save    
chase_gw

This scam, and the relatively large number of Trump supporters who bought into it, is just more evidence of how easily they are duped by Trump and his State Run Media. They buy into the lies willingly and without question. Just like they did this scam. Way to eager to believe whatever feeds into their narrative.

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

It tells me they have absolute faith in anyone who says what they want to hear and lack the ability to do a simple internet search, read and comprehend the information they find.

Of perhaps they do the search and immediately decide what they read is fake news because it threatens the fairy tale they are currently telling themselves.

3 Likes Save    
GOD

The Casey Charf/ IRS case is still on appeal as far as I can tell. GFM has to send a 1099 for amounts over 10K, that's what triggered the IRS.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Dandy

It is inexplicable, that’s for sure.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Through his border-wall campaign, he claims to have gathered 3.5 million email addresses, which are essential to his broader operation

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

GFM has started to step in and return money when a scam has been found.

######

“This means all donors will receive a refund,” Bobby Whithorne, a spokesman for GoFundMe, told media outlets, including USA Today, on Friday. “If a donor does not want a refund, and they want their donation to go to the new organization, they must proactively elect to redirect their donation to that organization. If they do not take that step, they will automatically receive a full refund.”

Save    
Kathy

If you give to a charity it can be refunded. If you give to an individual, it is up to them. Then after 30 days the money is returned to the individual. So I understood if there was any residual in the fund after 30 days the individual would get the remaining not asking to be refunded.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Ziemia, 3.5 million more gullibles?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Kobach thinks his marks are so gullible, they'll agree to let him keep the money for his new scam

And he's probably right

And now he has their email addresses

SMH

Save    
dandyfopp

Someone has a long story about Kolfage, going back to 2013.

https://theweirdturnprofessional.wordpress.com/2015/11/26/defamed-no-actually/

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I don’t even have to go back that far to know he is a predator.

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

Brian Kolfage was a celebrity of the far right. He had thousands of fans, connections to dozens of right wing websites and blogs, as well as associations with personalities like Mike Huckabee, Brian Kilmeade, Gary Sinise, and Joe the Plumber.

.... it was standard practice on Kolfage’s Facebook page to post your addresses, phone number, employer, and any info they could get their hands on. Then his fan base would come after you like rabid animals.

Criticism of the politics and actions of Brian’s popular Facebook page was translated to his audience as “hate speech,” “criminal harassment,” and “stalking.” A spit-in-your-face hypocrisy, coming from the guy who literally called the posting of his targets personal information his “policy.”................

1 Like Save    
GOD

My god, he's a sick individual ( read the link)

3 Likes Save    
jillinnj

This scam, and the relatively large number of Trump supporters who bought into it, is just more evidence of how easily they are duped by Trump and his State Run Media. They buy into the lies willingly and without question. Just like they did this scam. Way to eager to believe whatever feeds into their narrative.

Yep, totally duped. Confirmation bias will do that to you!

And what do they do it becomes obvious what happened? Attack those pointing it out -

In the minds of some, because of his disability, he's allowed to scam people out of their money. Go figure. Anything to justify their confirmation bias?

3 Likes Save    
MrsM(6)

Becca Reese

Oh spare us your outrage. A conman is a conman with or without some limbs. In fact that's what makes it even more insulting. People look at this guy and think what a wonderful hero as they whip out their checkbooks. I have no pity for suckers.

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

He is using his loss of limbs to do harm instead of good. That is not admirable.

7 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I fear the definition of hate is being altered in this alt-reality of the far right.

There's nothing hateful in speaking the truth. There's nothing hateful in disagreeing about policy. There's nothing hateful in seeing someone represent a clear and present danger to our country and saying so.

There is something angry and hateful when calling people haters all the time because they point out unpleasant truths or disagree with one's positions on issues.

14 Likes Save    
Kathy

Fox preaches about the hate from the left. They are feeding the script to their viewers. Opposition is hate in their mind. We should all agree with them or we are haters. Putin is proud. He did his work with Trump’s help. Tit for tat.

4 Likes Save    
Pidge_

I can't help but laugh at the dupes who not only let themselves be conned by Kolfage,, but also crowed happily about having been conned.

3 Likes Save    
llucy

Interesting the HT members who so gleefully followed the GFM wall campaign are missing from this thread. Trying to get their money back perhaps.

5 Likes Save    
purrmich_7_

He's a person first - not a triple amputee first. You try take away his dignity when you define him first and foremost as crippled.

The frw again and again tries to make martyrs of people for their cause.

It's just plain ugly.

4 Likes Save    
cattyles8675309

Becca, I think it’s thrice-amputee.

Save    
MissMyGardens

The most egregious Koflage scam is taking money from Americans wanting to do something good for other wounded veterans and their families. IT WAS ALL A FRAUD.

Becca and anyone else can hide behind "haters...triple amputee" because other wounded veterans and donors who wanted to do something good for them were shafted by his scam. Even disabled people are capable of negative deeds just like people with cancer or the plague or anything else. There's no inoculation for being honest and transparent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/behind-viral-gofundthewall-fundraiser-rising-conservative-star-shadowy-email-harvesting-n957896

Anyone who wants to donate to veteran and/or wounded veteran causes simply has to check Charity Navigator site that reviews all financials, shows exec compensation and share of donations used to raise money so you can make sure some executive isn't collecting outrageous compensation, the charity is efficient in fund raising, what their privacy policy is so you don't have your info "sold" by some scam artist, etc.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/  

Search name of charity you want to check out before donating and/or search for area of interest to you e.g. "veterans" or "military". Lots of fake, scam, irresponsible and/or inefficient charities blossomed after 9/11.

I sometimes cross reference those ratings on Charitywatch.org because they report on flagrant charity abusers but it's not as well presented or nearly as comprehensive as Charity Navigator.

4 Likes Save    
tryingtounderstand

One can choose to either have their $$$ refunded or put toward a private organization to build the wall. Goal now 1 billion, he think he can build it cheaper than the govt can, and hopes that land owners will Freely, provide some of their land.

” There is a lot of work ahead of us, but this has never deterred me in the past. With the help of our highly experienced team, and your support, we will make this work!” Kolfage wrote. “I will personally not take a penny of compensation from these donations.”

So far, about 339,000 people have contributed. The new non-profit is called We Build The Wall Inc. and Kolfage says he hopes to raise $1 billion. Under his plan, segments of the wall would be privately constructed through negotiations with landowners along the border. Kolfage says his group is identifying areas that are frequently crossed; looking into wall solutions based on terrain, environment and other issues; and asking landowners if they would provide free or low-cost easements for its construction.

“We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border,” he wrote. “Our team strongly believes that we can complete our segments of the wall for less than half of the government’s estimated costs on a per mile basis. looking into wall solutions based on terrain, environment and other issues; and asking landowners if they would provide free or low-cost easements for its construction.” https://globalnews.ca/news/4841593/gofundme-border-wall-donations/

Save    
jillinnj

Opposition is hate in their mind. We should all agree with them or we are haters.

Only when it's opposition to them. When they opposed Obama, when McConnell said they would say no to anything and everything he proposed, it wasn't hate.

The definition of hypocritical.

3 Likes Save    
llucy

Ann started a new thread.

I asked her if she applied for a refund. I think my comment was deleted. Hmm.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

That’s good way to deflect. I would be interested to know how that works. I suppose they don’t process the pledges until the 30 days. Then if you dont ask for a refund it goes to the person who started the GFM.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Ann started a new thread.

Where is it?

1 Like Save    
Lily613

I miss the hourly updates on the progress of the fund...lol

5 Likes Save    
GOD

Me too!

2 Likes Save    
d_gw

Any updates from our Hot Topics donors?

2 Likes Save    
Lily613

I wonder why the gullible ones here who couldn't contain their glee about the money being raised have made zero comments now about the scam? They're the same people who blindly follow the most corrupt human being who feeds them lies every time he opens his mouth. Jim Jones philosophy 101. .

2 Likes Save    
GOD

I wonder how many couldn't waiting to request their refunds

Save    
chase_gw

Lilly , the the same reason they go quiet when Trump does something even they can't defend.

They say nothing because they cannot bring themselves to openly criticize, or worse, admit they were wrong . It's like it would be losing face to the liberals............so small.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Maybe you should slip on over to their other haunt and ask there. ;)

1 Like Save    
Lily613

Where is their other haunt?

Save    
dandyfopp

They don't comment because they got scammed guys.

They have been getting scammed by Donnie for years now.

They are talking this like they take any news that shows they are being betrayed and used.

Ray Charles could have seen this one coming.

The hope is they would realize and question, I think that is extremely unlikely.

Save    
foodonastump

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/14/brian-kolfage-gofundme-questions/

FTA:

Kolfage claims the bylaws of We Build The Wall, Inc. prevent him from taking any salary from donor funds that originate from GoFundMe. But Kolfage has refused to provide The Daily Caller News Foundation a copy of the nonprofit’s bylaws to corroborate his claim.

Furthermore, TheDCNF has been unable to find any record of We Fund the Wall, Inc.’s formal existence, and multiple inquiries requesting the organization’s founding documents have gone ignored.

Kolfage has ignored multiple inquiries from TheDCNF asking why he’s directing check donations to a separate organization based in a different state, and whether donations sent to We Fund the Wall, Inc. can be used to compensate him in any way shape or form.

etc.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

People are still donating. Right now.

It is more than evident Donnie fans like to be scammed.

This guy loves to con, they love to be conned, maybe it is for the best.

5 Likes Save    
cattyles8675309

Liberal Redneck on the wall. Language alert! Don’t click it if cussin gives ya the vapors.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Does rednecks proud.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

Don’t he, though?

Save    
dandyfopp

I wish Kentucky could claim him. :-(

Save    
maifleur01

Having been in several groups it is not the salary it is the expense report that will provide lots of extra income. Easy enough to pad an expense report if a per diem is not enough. If on per diem you generally do not need to turn in receipts. Several years ago I was on a per diem for several months while not high by simply eating at cheaper places I saved most of it.

Save    
llucy

Love 'im like chicken. :)

1 Like Save    
GOD

Furthermore, TheDCNF has been unable to find any record of We Fund the Wall, Inc.’s formal existence, and multiple inquiries requesting the organization’s founding documents have gone ignored.

Kolfage should blame that on the shutdown :)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Community Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help
Want to donate or volunteer to aid victims of the storm? Here are groups assisting with disaster relief and recovery
Full Story
Working With an Architect How to Hire the Right Architect: Comparing Fees
Learn common fee structures architects use and why you might choose one over another
Full Story
We know the only measure of our success is the satisfaction of our customers. We are committed & determined to... Read More