Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is Cancer Free After Surgery, Supreme Court Says

d_gw

From the NYT

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is cancer free and on the mend after her recent surgery for the disease, a Supreme Court spokeswoman said on Friday.

“Her recovery from surgery is on track,” the spokeswoman, Kathleen Arberg, said in a statement. “Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required.”

Justice Ginsburg, 85, underwent surgery in late December to remove two nodules from her left lung. She missed this week’s arguments, and will be absent from the bench next week, too, Ms. Arberg said.

“Justice Ginsburg will continue to work from home next week and will participate in the consideration and decision of the cases on the basis of the briefs and the transcripts of oral arguments,” Ms. Arberg said.

After next Wednesday’s arguments, the court will take its four-week midwinter break, returning to the bench on Feb. 19.

SaveComment21Like2
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dandyfopp

Vultures will be disappointed.

Get well soon RBG!

8 Likes Save    
purrmich_7_

There are some anti-social personalities here who will hate that news.

Rock on, RBG!!

7 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

Well my neighbor is 85 and still going pretty strong. Some people are just genetically gifted, plus they have something to live for.

3 Likes Save    
Pidge_

Your neighbor is apparently a lot like me. I keep banging on, just as RBG does. I'm grateful for my good fortune.

6 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Good for RBG.

We just keep "banging on," don't we, Pidge. : )

Kate

9 Likes Save    
HU-249913260

There are some anti-social personalities here who will hate that news.

Anti-social? You're being polite!

My neighbor is 89 1/2, goes to opera, theater, out to lunch, still makes fruitcake at Christmas, lol. I wonder if she is so strong because of all she does or she does everything because she is strong (genetically gifted).

8 Likes Save    
Chi

I think activity is a huge part of it. My grandparents are in their 70's and just sit around all day. My grandma in particular struggles with bad hips and back. My in-laws are also in their 70's and they play tennis and golf, and go hiking, and their levels of fitness are just incomparable. It really makes a difference in their day to day lives.

6 Likes Save    
purrmich_7_

I had a great aunt that lived to 106. RGB may also have longevity in her genes.

Those salivating at her demise and another trump SC nominee show who they are and why they're trumpsters.

4 Likes Save    
Lily613

Good news to hear.

4 Likes Save    
HU-249913260

My neighbor at 89 is more intellectually astute that many people much, much younger. Technology, not so much but politics and culture...she is very well read, has a book club and many friends. The difficulty at her age is that others around you start to pass. It makes your world smaller and smaller, but she just keeps on ticking.

10 Likes Save    
Pidge_

^^^^^ Likey, likey.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Imagine what MR. Trump will be like when he's 85.

Save    
Fárbauti

Yet, the ideological cancer remains.

Save    
Pidge_

^^^^^What the heck does that cryptic vaguery mean?

Save    
ann_t

"Yet, the ideological cancer remains".

She just confirmed that she is one of those anti-social personalities mentioned above. And that is being polite.

7 Likes Save    
macimom

too polite

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

In Feb 2020 RBG should announce that she will retire just to see what mitch does, and then change her mind. Expose the demon turtle for what he is, muhahahahahaha....

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

demon turtle=oxymoron

Save    
1 Like Save    
Maddie AtHome

Good news! You're one tough cookie, Justice Ginsburg!

In Feb 2020 RBG should announce that she will retire just to see what mitch does, and then change her mind.

Repeatedly so. That'll be a hoot.

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

How nice to hear.

Save