Trump Just Hired 17 Lawyers To Hide From Mueller

dublinbay z6 (KS)

I can't even imagine the total bill for attorneys!

All the "wall" ruckus has managed to overshadow this interesting tidbit.

------------------------------------

"The significantly larger team has been assembled with the aim of preventing Trump's discussions with top legal advisors being disclosed to House Democrats or revealed in Mueller's forthcoming report.

[. . .]

Were Trump to succeed in blocking areas of Mueller's report from becoming public it would enrage Democrats, many of which have long been hoping the contents of the report will give them grounds to issue subpoenas.

[. . . ]

Hoping to hide behind an army of lawyers, Trump's legal team have told special counsel Robert Mueller he will not answer any more questions.

Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani told Reuters, "As far as we're concerned, everything is over. We weren't convinced they had any questions they don't know the answer to."

He added, "They could try to subpoena him if they want. But they know we could fight that like hell," he said.

The investment in a bolstered legal team is particularly galling for federal government workers who continue to go unpaid amid the partial government shut down. Donny always said his priority was protecting American jobs, but perhaps he should have made clear he only meant his own."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-just-hired-army-17-114500509.html

-------------------------------

If Trump is so confident that "everything is over," it is unclear why he built up such a big "wall" of attorneys between himself and Mueller's people.

Kate

SaveComment14Like2
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dandyfopp

Boy that is a lot of lawyers on the hook for a baseless witch hunt, and guess who is paying for them!

I bet John Gotti would have loved to have a bunch of lawyers stop the Feds from presenting their case against him. Donnie is living the mob dream.

It ain't happening Donnie.

The public will know, one way or another, what you have done.

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Margie....are those Trump's tiny hands wringing? Hiring 17 lawyers spells w-o-r-r-i-e-d to me.

2 Likes Save    
dockside_gw

And, I read in several places, that Guilliani told some people, in confidence, of course but leaked nonetheless, that Mueller's report would be "horrific."

1 Like Save    
Chi

Are we paying for all these lawyers?

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

My understanding is that the counsel has been understaffed for a while, as those that left earlier were not being replaced promptly. These new hires are just the correction to the backlog of needed replacements, because they anticipate an immediate need. Simply a sense of urgency following the procrastination resulting in a group of new hires.

Save    
Stan Areted

Trump's tiny hands won over Hillary.

Save    
Kathy

17 additional lawyers to hide the report from Mueller.

Save    
dandyfopp

Like any innocent person would, right?

5 Likes Save    
Chi

I think it's funny that he needs an army of lawyers to keep him from perjuring himself.

9 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Stan Areted

Trump's tiny hands won over Hillary.

--------

No, Hillary was not won over by Trump's tiny hands or any other of his body parts.

7 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

How in gawd's name did he find 17 lawyers to work for him?

Did he find them in some cave?

5 Likes Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Well, no one said they were competent or honest lawyers. Take a gander at Guiliani, for instance, and that tells you a lot about who will work for Trump. My guess is he didn't find them in a cave, momj47, but by scraping the bottom of the barrel.

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Don't all innocent people hire a gaggle of attorneys just before an investigation into their business seems to be wrapping up?

I can't even imagine the total bill for attorneys!

Probably explains why he was begging for money before and after his speech.

3 Likes Save    
cyn427(zone 7, Northern VA)

Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani told Reuters, "As far as we're concerned, everything is over. We weren't convinced they had any questions they don't know the answer to."

...and I bet that has them worried! Hahahaha. Giuliani is not doing Trump any favors whenever he opens his mouth.

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Outdoor Projects A New Backyard Oasis Helps a Military Lawyer Cope With Her PTSD
In a new episode of Houzz TV, the Ontario homeowner uses the site to create a relaxing retreat for herself and her dog
Full Story
Most Popular A Moving Diary: Lessons From Selling My Home
After 79 days of home cleaning, staging and — at last — selling, a mom comes away with a top must-do for her next abode
Full Story
Features You Won't Believe What These Homeowners Found in Their Walls
From the banal to the downright bizarre, these uncovered artifacts may get you wondering what may be hidden in your own home
Full Story