McConnell & Trump still holding American Hostage. VOTE

GOD

McConnell has multiple bills on his desk that would re-open parts or all of the govt.

McConnell has pledged to not bring any appropriations bills up for consideration in the Senate unless Trump approves.

Get off your knees Mitch, we have 3 co-equal parts of the govt. Trump is not your king!

SaveComment23Like5
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dandyfopp

Mitch is in this for Mitch, but just as important, Mitch is compromised.

8 Likes Save    
leona_2008

I would love to tell McConnell and the rest of them that this will be their legacy. That they backed an idiot grifter against all common sense and concern for our citizens.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by GOD
Stan Areted

NO, the democrats are.

They are in violating the oaths they took to uphold the Constitution, which includes the LAWS of this country. In order to enforce the laws we need to stop illegal aliens from coming in, and they haven't done that. President Trump is trying to do that and they're trying to stop him.

It's the obstructionist, Constitution ignoring, fake oath takers CHANCY et al that are the problem.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

LOL, at one time Reid had 332 bills on his desk that he wouldn't bring up for a vote. I keep telling you Karma is a witch.

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

I would say that Reid was wrong for doing that. I think that is a process change that needs to be made. The Senate and House leaders should not be able to hold the Congress hostage from taking a vote.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Mitch can't put them to a vote if Trump will veto them.........that really makes this problem 100 % Trump and ensures a loss in 2020.

Reasonable people would agree to open the departments not involved in this battle. A campaign promise that does not have the support of the majority of Americans is not a good enough reason to hold these employees hostages.

Go ahead and declare a national emergency if that's what Trump and his supporters feel it is and play it out in Congress and the ballot box....but punishing these employees is just plain wrong.

1 Like Save    
GOD

Get off your knees Mitch, we have 3 co-equal parts of the govt. Trump is not your king!

McConnell is refusing to hold a vote a bills that will open the govt. They are bi-partisan house bills with both republican and democrat support in the senate.

1 Like Save    
GOD

Mitch can't put them to a vote if Trump will veto them.........that really makes this problem 100 % Trump and ensures a loss in 2020.

False Chase. Passing them in the senate puts pressure on the president. That's what the should be done.

What McConnell is doing is putting his political party above the American people.

3 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

" False Chase. Passing them in the senate puts pressure on the president. That's what the should be done."

I agree, let them pass so the people can see who represents which side.

5 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I guess I didn' t explain myself very well. Politically , Mcconnell can't put those bills on Trump's desk. Trump needs to figure out a way to make opening the government a personal win before he signs those bills......which shouldn't be too hard , his base will forgive him anything if he comes up with a good enough lie.

Save    
GOD

If you mean he can't do it as he's acting as a republican instead of the head of the senate, I agree Chase

1 Like Save    
Fárbauti

It's the Democrats holding America hostage. The only way they will allow this country to function properly is if we also allow illegals to keep pouring in.

Save    
GOD

Due to TSA absences, Miami airport will temporarily close one terminal for 3 days

Another Trump Success!

2 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

"The only way they will allow this country to function properly is if we also allow illegals to keep pouring in. "

Wrong. A lie. Fake news. Alternative facts.

The only way Trump and his supporters will allow this country to function properly is if we let them throw a tantrum and hurt hundreds of thousands of Americans in the process.

5 Likes Save    
llucy

I agree, let them pass so the people can see who represents which side.

I saw a news clip this morning that showed which Republican representatives did not vote for bills to reopen the gov't and listed the number of federal workers not getting paid in each representative's state.

People have the right to know if their elected representatives and senators are being complicit in withholding their pay. And to champion those who are putting their welfare over Trump's obstruction.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by GOD
nopartyghost

Mitch is a coward. Remember his wife works for Donnie dementia. If Mitch pisses him off, the twitter in chief could turn his nasty attention on her.

Save    
GOD

Good point Mopartghost.. Mitch is on the take.

Save    
catticusmockingbird

I have a feeling quite a few of them are compromised.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

GOD

Due to TSA absences, Miami airport will temporarily close one terminal for 3 days

Another Trump Success!

They are suing him as well.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

catticusmockingbird

I have a feeling quite a few of them are compromised.

^

That yummy NRA Russia money, plus whatever other skeletons have piled up in their closets.

Kevin McCarthy knows the score.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Dems didn't shut down the govt and have put bills on the table for a vote. Mitch is still obstructing. He refuses to work with Dems....when Obama was in office and now. Kentuckians need to kick him to the curb in 2020....but, being Kentucky, they probably won't.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

I'd suggest we call or email our reps. They need to hear from us.

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Data Watch Houzz Pets Survey: Who Rules the House — Dogs or Cats?
New data shows that pets make people happy, and pet owners love spending big to return the favor
Full Story
Holidays Houzz Call: When Do Your Holiday Decorations Go Up?
Is it ever too soon to start spreading the holiday cheer?
Full Story
Kitchen Design The 10 Most Popular Kitchen Photos of 2016
Fall in love with classic styles and materials all over again — and see what’s cooking for the new year
Full Story
We know the only measure of our success is the satisfaction of our customers. We are committed & determined to... Read More