Trump intends to divert disaster aid - CA, TX, FL, PR for wall

momj47(7A)

He's bonkers, with a heart of stone

Trump has urged the Army Corps to determine how fast contracts could be signed and whether construction could begin within 45 days, according to one of these people, an official familiar with the deliberations who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe them.

SaveComment42Like1
Comments (42)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chi

So...taking away funds to help with actual emergencies for a fake emergency. Sounds like Trump.

24 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
mayflowers

What the narcissist won't do to win reelection.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
MrsM(6)

I can't stress it enough. He's unfit for the office.

21 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
Kathy

He is a vindictive human. He will make anyone who doesn’t do what he wants suffer. I remember reading stories of how he treats Ivanka. She will never cross him. If he treats his family like that just think what he would do to strangers.

macimom

There are no words for what this monster is capable of.

Texas and Florida? Man, those are his people. The $%&^ is gonna hit the fan if they don't get their piece of the pie.

14 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
chase_gw

"Trump has urged the Army Corps to determine how fast contracts could be signed and whether construction could begin within 45 days, "

Urged is a rather strange word from the " boss" !

None the less, you mean it's only now that Trump is asking these logistical questions ?

Did he tell them exactly where he wants the construction to begin? What the design is he wants ? Has he told anyone?

2 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
blfenton

So he wants to take money earmarked for civil works projects to build flood protection in Florida and Texas in the event of next years hurricanes and to create protection for next years forest fires in California (which are often on federal lands).

These protections will save numerous lives and millions of dollars in property loss in exchange for a wall that he consistently lies about being needed.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
chase_gw

What an amazing President.........move from Mexico will pay .....to taxpayers will pay .......to American victims of natural disasters will pay .

He doesn't give a damn .......as long as he gets his big win for the base. Time for the base to wake up

18 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
llucy

I'm skeptical he is coming up with these ideas on his own. Who is feeding him? Miller? Hannity? Who?

5 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
patriciae_gw(07)

Why am I not surprised. I read that he had already pulled Fema money from California. I don't believe you can just do that but I guess we will find out.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
mayflowers

Why doesn't he just take the wall money from his own pocket and earmark it as funding his reelection campaign?

2 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
HU-249913260

Or better yet, take it from kids with cancer. He already set that precedent.

chase_gw

Can someone explain to me how this only became a nstional security crisis when Trump got told "no"

Fárbauti

I'm skeptical about this one, I'm not sure he can just redirect that money. But he's a builder, so maybe he can save money on some of the hurricane projects and use the savings on building a wall. The people of Texas and Florida would benefit from that too.

Save    
dandyfopp

Go on Donnie. A purple Texas and Florida may be the best you can hope for.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by momj47
1 Like Save     Thanked by momj47
judeNY_gw

Fraudulent use of my tax dollars. I don't pay them so he can run another scam.

11 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

He can use my tax dollars.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Urged is a rather strange word from the " boss" !"

Or a "dictator."

Save    
leona_2008

Just how much money did McConnell, Graham and the rest of the spineless Republicans get from Putin or what has Putin got on them?

1 Like Save    
leona_2008

Cruz supports this? I can guarandamtee you Beto doesn't!

2 Likes Save    
Ann

I agree, Leona:)

Save    
Fárbauti

I can guarandamtee you Beto doesn't!

Beto lost. Doesn't matter what he agrees with.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Brilliant

1 Like Save    
Ann

True, it won't matter until he wins something.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

True, it won't matter until he wins something.

Meanwhile, he will impress his fawning, throbbing-hearts supporters with videos of him eating guacamole and chips while driving at high speed on the highway and taking selfies of getting his teeth cleaned.

Save    
judeNY_gw

Time for all you losers to pay your taxes and start producing so my blue state taxes can stop going to subsidize the underperforming red states - which is the only kind of red state there is.

10 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Well, he's kissing goodbye federal workers who voted for him. Now he's kissing goodbye his voters in red Tx and Fl affected by the hurricanes. That's some strategic re-election planning there Donnie.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Joanie, I guess we'll have to wait and see who's winning and losing voters through this process.

Save    
dockside_gw

I guess we'll have to wait and see who's winning and losing voters through this process.

This isn't a game. People in hurricane and fire areas can die. But, to the empathy-deficient Liar-in-Chief, it's all about whether he "wins." Instead of winning or losing voters, he should be working for all the citizens of this country, not just his "base" who he seems he feels he has to impress by "winning". The man is a loser, tho', IMO.

8 Likes Save    
purrmich_7_

More of 'let them eat cake' from the trumpsters.

I hope the courts can stop him. spineless gopers sure won't.

5 Likes Save    
MissMyGardens

Joaniepoanie "Well,
he's kissing goodbye federal workers who voted for him. Now he's
kissing goodbye his voters in red Tx and Fl affected by the hurricanes.
That's some strategic re-election planning there Donnie."

Joaniepoanie, as you can see here and in Congress that his true clan will retain allegiance to their goals which means keeping Trump in office.Never count on true believers to change their stripes. Get out the vote and focus on the Electoral College.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

What were Lindsey's words? If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed and we will deserve it?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Fárbauti: He can use my tax dollars.

Oh he will, make no mistake about that, and a lot of those dollars will line Mr. Trump's pockets

And families who lost their homes in the hurricane or fire will remain homeless

And then there will be the lawsuits Some are still in courts from Bush's attempts to take property for his wall

Trump’s wall needs private property. But some Texans won’t give up their land without a fight.

This is, after all, America, and people don't give up their property without a fight. Mr. Trump learned that lesson in NJ

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Heck even FOX and Rasmussen have him underwater in their latest polls.

3 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Rasmussen Reports1 /7 - 1/9 1500 LV Approve: 45 Disapprove: 53

Save    
2 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

This potential decision shows that Trump doesn't consider the consequences of his ideas. He has proved that over and over.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

It is the job of Congress to work out bi-partisan solutions. Since McConnell refuses to work and bring votes to the floor Congress is dysfunctional. There should be no closure of government because the President or McConnell refuse to compromise. Last month Trump said the border was fine and this month he is declaring an emergency?

2 Likes Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

This is despicable, utterly depraved behavior on Trump's part. I cannot believe that even one decent, honest person would excuse this.

2 Likes Save    
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More