Women's March, Sat Jan 19

Annie Deighnaugh

The march is on.

See https://www.womensmarch.com/2019/ for details.

And yes, I plan on putting my little pink hat with ears to work again.

SaveComment136Like6
Comments (136)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Why march? While each individual will be marching for their own reason, here is the general tenor of the event:

To provide a safe and accepting platform for supporters of equality to rally and march in promotion of civil rights for every human regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion or creed.

Stated Goals

• Empower every human who witnesses or participates in the Women’s March on NYC to stand up for their beliefs and their rights
  • Connect victims of discrimination, civil injustice, sexual harassment, or unfair treatment in an environment that encourages them to share their stories, receive support and know that they are not alone
  • Remind the existing government body that they report to the people and the people expect their civil liberties to be upheld
  • Bring hope to those who have lost confidence in the United States Government by physically showing them that the power lies with the people
  • Remind every American that their right to assemble, march, demonstrate, protest, and vote is sacred and only available to citizens of free countries like the United States of America.
5 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Wish I could join them.

Save    
katrina_ellen

Its not a womens march, its a liberal march. I am certain that I as a white, conservative Christian would not be welcome there. And I would be verbally assaulted if I was wearing a Trump hat, woman or not. So it is not a womans march.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Each person has her or his own reason for marching. As for you Katrina, best you don’t attend Jan. 19. Just as I wouldn’t wear a pink hat to a trump rally. However, it is interesting that you said white. Maybe you have the impression that rallies are mostly people of color. They are not.

Annie: Thank you.

10 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

katrina-ellen, it's not that you're white or female or christian that would be the issue. I've seen many white females at rallies and I'm sure many of them are christian.

Odds are you would not be favored wearing a maga hat, but I doubt anyone would say that you should be beat up as trump told his followers to do to people from the other side at his rallies....even said he'd consider paying their legal fees if they did so.

12 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

katrina_ellen

Its
not a womens march, its a liberal march. I am certain that I as a
white, conservative Christian would not be welcome there. And I would
be verbally assaulted if I was wearing a Trump hat, woman or not. So it
is not a womans march.

If any woman decides to still participate in the Some Women's March, they are supporting and complicit in the leadership cause of abolishing Israel, supporting BDS, supporting the "dual loyalty" narrative, supporting anti-Semitism, supporting Louis Farrakhan, supporting the Nation of Islam and Muslim Brotherhood, FGM, Sharia Law and jihad against an American President.

Further, they cancelled a Women's March for being TOO WHITE. That's racist, so congrats for tacitly approving.

The Women's March has refused to remove these toxic leaders, so you know exactly what they stand for.

Shame on anyone who marches.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

FGM, sharia law and jihad against an american president?

Funny...I didn't see any of that in the mission statement...

Wouldn't be you're just trying to weaken an organization that has proved itself to be more popular and responsive to the call for political action than trump and his huge inauguration? Nah....couldn't be....

4 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Funny...I didn't see any of that in the mission statement...

You also haven't seen the news lately, I guess.

But, you go ahead and ignore that the very organization you are supporting has been thoroughly rotting from the head, virtually from the moment the leaders took it over and used the Women's March to support their bigoted, racist personal agendas.

All you are doing is further allowing them to spew their hate and bigotry.

Why don't you research how much money Linda Sarsour raised for the Jewish victims in Pittsburgh and then tell us how much of that money actually got to the Tree of Life and victims, ok?

Why don't you tell us why it's ok to support a leader who told a FGM victim that she didn't deserve her vagina?

Tell us if you believe a young woman working for Sarsour was lying about sexual assault, and Sarsour telling her she was too fat and ugly for any man to do that to her.

Finally, please justify supporting a woman who thinks the vile, putrid racist, Louis Farrakhan is the GOAT and continues to refuse to disavow him.

I guess you are like the L.A. Times and think life's just full of contradictions and you really can support Louis Farrakhan and still "advance the cause of women".

That's if your accepting of post-modern moral relativism. Then, you can admire Farrakhan for advancing black causes (which is dubious at best) but forgive him his virulent hate of Jews and whites. Then, you can admire Sarsour and Mallory for their de facto leadership of the Women's March and ignore all the reprehensible ideologies and people they support, and how they cast out the only Jewish leader in the Women's march.

That's quite the tightrope act.

https://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-womens-march-20190104-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/276694/is-the-womens-march-melting-down

Save    
katrina_ellen

Becca - they have no right to call it a womens march. It does not represent all women, they need to call it a liberal womens march to be truthful, but we both know why they refuse to do so, so they can try to portray all women as liberals.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

I’m a white female Christian that will attend a Women’s March January 19. I’m definitely not ashamed and no one can shame me. Babble, shriek and lie away. It just sounds crazy.

16 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

It’s a WOMENS MARCH.

where is your rwingers march?

4 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

Do they welcome pro-life women at this march?

2 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

I am a white Christian woman, less conservative than I was raised to be. I would feel safe and comfortable with and welcomed by the women, men, and gender non-binary people who will attend this march.

That's not to say I would agree with the political, theological, or philosophical position of every person there. I don't agree with the entire political, theological, or philosophical position of *any* person I associate with. At the end of the day we are all individuals who have some differences. And if we don't, we should look closely at whether we might be part of a cult.

It's amazing what happens when you stop assuming that people are out to destroy you, and start looking for the ways that you are similar rather than focussing on the obvious differences.

16 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

Its obvious that its a misrepresentation of women. That is called a lie when it is knowingly done.

Save    
cattyles8675309

it’s called the Women’s March. Attend or don’t. The lies are from your side, Katrina.

7 Likes Save    

@katrina_ellen is it possible that you simply have a different internal definition of "woman" than the organizers of the march?

I haven't had the opportunity to go to a Women's March. If I do have the opportunity this year I'll go. If I go I will faithfully and truthfully report back to you my experience, good or bad.

Let's give the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming we don't belong and won't be welcomed. We might be uncomfortable or hear and see things that challenge us, and that is not the same thing as being excluded. We might not hear our viewpoints expressed but the amazing thing is, we can be there and we can express them! Respectfully and kindly, let us hope.

2 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

lindsey, I appreciate your outlook, but truth is not relative to me. There are too many things the left stands for that I will not compromise my beliefs about - such as their views on abortion and so many other basic Christian beliefs.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

josephene_gw

It’s a WOMENS MARCH.

where is your rwingers march?

So glad that you've highlighted that from its inception, the WM has excluded women on the Right, who hold different views on things like abortion, but similar views on many other feminist issues.

Pretty soon, the WM will also be mutually exclusive with WHITE women.

You are ahead of most! Keep taking those red pills!

Save    
Becca Reese

Let's give the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming we don't belong
and won't be welcomed. We might be uncomfortable or hear and see things
that challenge us, and that is not the same thing as being excluded. We
might not hear our viewpoints expressed but the amazing thing is, we can
be there and we can express them! Respectfully and kindly, let us hope

lindsey, I look forward to your observations if you go, but agree with katrina, that some can't get past the majority of the platform is abortion. Further, it's the WM leaders and deep pockets that fund it that controls the message. The message by design, disallows ALL points of views and beliefs. The first order of business once Planned Parenthood and NARAL astroturfed the WM from a truly grass-roots effort to a left-wing platform was to kick off the New Wave Feminists.

This is Jim Crow stuff, my friend. Being "allowed" to march-being "tolerated"-is not the same as being equal.

Also, bear in mind that the WM refuses to rid themselves of anti-Semitic, pro-Sharia Law, anti-white leadership. Please research Sarsour and Mallory before you decide if your conscience allows you to support their platform, which has become one in the same.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

Your outrage seems disproportionate to me.

Have you considered putting that energy into organizing an alternative?

4 Likes Save    

Truth is not relative to me either katrina ellen. I know the truth of what I believe, I'm confident in that Truth. I have the strength to speak my Truth, I pray with grace and kindness. So I don't have to be scared that Others are somehow able to erode that Truth. My God is bigger than that.

But politics are relative. Philosophy is. Religion is. A person's lived experience is. And these are what these marchs are about, from what I see. Every single person on this planet knows something I don't, and if they are willing to teach me and I am willing to learn, I will be made better from that. And if what I learn is that I don't agree with that person, so be it.

You certainly don't have to attend this March or any other rally. I am beginning to understand that your opinions are very strong on these issues and maybe the thought of associating with people who have different opinions is just not a possibility for you. OK.

But if you can't see these people as Women who have a right to wear that description proudly, and if you can't see yourself as part of a Sisterhood that includes women who think differently from you, then simply don't go.

7 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

lindsey, I would not go and they don't represent me. Part of reverencing God is to take Him at His Word. They do not represent my beliefs and I would not misrepresent God by aligning myself with those who despise my beliefs. If that is not a part of your conscience then so be it. Politics are relative, God is not, He always remains who He says He is, regardless of man's changing morality. You have to do what you believe in, and that's fine, I let my conscience be my guide as well. We can agree to disagree, I am fine with that.

2 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

I wonder which of the "Stated Goals" you don't agree with.

Save    
texasranger2

"Truth is not relative"

"I have the strength to speak my truth"

You just contradicted your own statement that "truth is not relative to me".

Whoops you did it again when you added "to me".

and here, you unbelievably did yet again---""I know the truth of what I believe I am confident in that truth"

These statements are all perfect examples of relativistic truth.

The truth is, you are so steeped in relativistic truth you can no longer discern the difference between truth and opinion. To be accurate, your mistaken notion of "truth" is actually opinions. Opinions are not necessarily truth.

Save    
texasranger2

The "stated goals" are irrelevant. Who cares what they "state". We all know what they stand for.

Save    
cattyles8675309

Is it your opinion that the truth is Becca’s opinions?

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

The column in the LAT is by Robin Abcarian, a regular contributor, and should not be attributed to the paper as her column does not appear in the OP-Ed section.

Letters to the editor had readers pro and con on Abcarian's column.

That broad bush paints an incomplete picture, and hyperbole is not fact.

Save    

"Truth is not relative."

The existence of so many Christian denominations --Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant -- means "truth" is indeed viewed differently even among Christians.

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

SO what is the objective and how does marching meet the objective?

Save    
cattyles8675309

Very first comment, Stan.

Save    
Stan Areted

Thanks, sorry I scrolled quickly and missed it--nice bullet points too.

Save    
cattyles8675309

You’re welcome. Annie actually posted it.

Save    
Stan Areted

It reminds me much of the platform of the democrats, which I referenced some days ago--on it's face, it seems like something with which most anyone would agree.

But it's the methods for achieving the goals, and the specific goals which are not stated.

However, other than the civil rights marches, what actually is accomplished, other than encouraging abortion and angry women? Sisterhood in anger? Reminding people and young girls about abortion and the right to get it? A fun weekend? Money? Feel good about being in a group? All of the above?

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

Who created those other denominations Nancy - not God but man. Who's truth is relative - God's or man's? Although there is unity in many denominations - unity of agreement with the Christian core beliefs. It was decided long ago that the Bible would be put out to the masses instead of being in control of the Roman church, knowing that there would be mis-use of its words, but for the greater good of man in that they could become educated in the doctrine.

Save    

@texasranger I *think* you were addressing me since you quoted me.

The reason I capitalized Truth in some instances in my comment is because I do believe in an Ultimate Truth: there is a God who loves us and wants to be in relationship with us.

And I believe that we all have different life experiences that form the basis of the truth of our lives.

"My truth" is that I have experienced a loving God. My acquaintance who grew up in Residential School has a different truth. That person's experience of God is much different from mine. God hasn't changed. But the way God is presented through humans is very very different for various people.

So we each have a different life experience, aka "truth."

Try not to let the shortcomings of human language stand in the way of understanding.

4 Likes Save    
cattyles8675309

Who wrote the Bible?

Cross posted with Lindsey. I’m interested in TR or Katrina’s answer.

2 Likes Save    

"some can't get past the majority of the platform is abortion"

My understanding is that each community schedules their own speakers and activities.

Having never been to a Women's March in my area I don't know whether the majority of the speakers focus on abortion or not.

And I am not naive to the fact that grassroots movements are regularly hijacked by mainstream interests.

I like to keep in mind who will benefit most from people being divided. Who benefits most if we women are bickering amongst ourselves and opting out of our Sisterhood instead of standing shoulder to shoulder in solidarity?

Remember, these same accusations (baby-killing, not feminine enough, not representing what real women want, exclusive to priveledged white women) were levied against the Suffragettes too. Thank God they didn't stop or opt out.

3 Likes Save    

Katrina, your attack against the Catholic Church is noted -- one of many that you have made.

1 Like Save    

Grass-roots protests are geared to meet the needs of the community. In the case of a large metropolitan area such as Los Angeles, our various communities will have different priorities.

Save    

"...but for the greater good of man in that they could become educated in the doctrine."

Almost right. Research Martin Luther and his 95 theses and you'll see a fuller reason why he strove to have the word of God accessible for all.

Save    
Stan Areted

Katrina, your attack against the Catholic Church is noted -- one of many that you have made.

And yet the attacks on God, Christianity, Protestants--are ignored.

1 Like Save    
woodnymph2_gw

The "word of God", or the word of man accessible to all?

Save    
macimom

katrina_ellen

"Who created those other denominations Nancy, not God but man"

My question for you Katerina is who created god?

I'll answer it for you...Man.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

Better wait on TR to tell us what the Truth is again.

3 Likes Save    

Stan, Catholics are Christians who believe in God, so your comment is incorrect.

Save    
katrina_ellen

lindsey - don't keep me in suspense, what would be a greater value than the common man being able to read the Bible and learn about God for him or her self? And possibly come to a saving faith? I can't think of anything more valuable than that.

Cattlyes - it doesn't take much to find the answer to your question, I am not entertaining it because I am not here to play games - merely responding to Lindsey.

1 Like Save    

@woodnymph: Martin Luther believed the Bible to be the Word of God and he desired that text to be accessible to all, in their native language. Precisely because he believed that accessibility would allow people to come to a faith of their own and a relationship with the God he believed in.

The subject of my comment was to clarify Luther's motivation, not discuss the origins of the Bible. But if it will allow you and others to participate in the discussion more easily, I'll use the term Bible instead of Word of God in the future.

Save    

"lindsey - don't keep me in suspense, what would be a greater value than the common man being able to read the Bible and learn about God for him or her self? And possibly come to a saving faith? I can't think of anything more valuable than that."

Nothing.

What's the definition of doctrine?

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/doctrine

Luther had little interest in people learning the doctrine. People *knew* the doctrine. He did have a strong interest in people reading the Bible for themselves. It was an act of rebellion against doctrine that led him to nail those theses to the door.

ETA: katrina we crossed posts again. You can see my answer to woodnymph above for my further thoughts.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Now you can make an informed decision, should these matters of racism, hatred an bigotry influence whether or not you march, or which march you will choose.

http://jcrc.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=2019WomensMarch

Background
On Saturday January 19th, the Women’s March movement, which was launched to great acclaim in the aftermath of the 2016 elections, will once again unite thousands of women nationwide to march for equality and justice. These marches, and the Unity Principles underpinning them, reflect values and goals that JCRC supports: equality and safety for ALL individuals regardless of gender, race, religion or other identity; reproductive freedom for all women; and social and economic justice for all populations, especially those most vulnerable.

Unfortunately, the laudable mission of the Women’s March movement has in the last 12-18 months been overshadowed by intensifying controversy and turmoil surrounding anti-Semitism within the March’s leadership, which has received extensive press coverage. Additional concerns regarding financial mismanagement, having nothing to do with the Jewish community, have also beenraised.

As the date for the third National March nears, many Jewish women and their allies who participated in the 2017 and 2018 protests understandably feel conflicted about whether to attend this year.

As they have done since the first march in 2017, the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) has taken the official lead in addressing these complex, painful issues with the national Women's March leadership. Largely as a result of their efforts, the newly adopted national Women’s MarchUnity Principles do for the first time include Jewish women as a vulnerable group.

Local Considerations
A distinction must be made between the official National March taking place here in Washington, DC, and the marches that will take place in many localities across the country. Some local affiliates/march sponsors have officially disassociated themselves from the national organization; others remain officially connected to the national group. Still other communities have elected to cancel their local marches in response to the turmoil embroiling this entire process.

The Jewish community in the Greater Washington, DC Region is in a uniquely challenging position - although the Maryland and DC Women's March affiliates broke off from the national group last year, they are not organizing a competing separate march here in the nation’s capital. In our region, the National March led by Linda Sarsour, Tamika Mallory, and their colleagues IS the local march.

For this reason, Zioness, an inclusive, progressive Zionist women’s organization, has stated that while their members will be marching nationwide, “Zioness is disappointed that it simply cannot march in Washington, D.C. in 2019 . . . we must draw the line where a march would require us to stand alongside or appear to consent to the type of bigotry that has been espoused by the [national] co-chairs.”

JCRC Position
The JCRC as a matter of policy does not endorse or co-sponsor events held on Shabbat. In this instance, however, even if the national March downtown were not held on Shabbat, our agency could not endorse it, co-sponsor it, or encourage Jewish women and their allies to attend. The anti-Semitism demonstrated by the leaders of the Women’s March Inc. is reprehensible and deserving of universal condemnation. Further, the continued intransigence of those individuals in unequivocally refusing to renounce leaders who preach this vile rhetoric is unacceptable.

American Jewish women and their allies should not have to feel torn between their identities as proud Jews and Zionists and as Americans advocating for justice and equality. A movement that truly honors the rights and self-determination of all people should not be led by individuals who praise peddlers of hatred and who undermine the dignity and integrity of their Jewish peers, thereby contravening the very unity principles they claim to espouse. The obligation to unequivocally denounce hatred only intensifies when we are in spaces with long-standing allies and speaking truth to power becomes particularly challenging and even painful.

The JCRC understands that the decision to participate in the national march on the Mall downtown on January 19th is an intensely personal one. Many Jewish women who are disturbed and even outraged by the controversy surrounding the Women’s March leadership will nevertheless attend, so they can speak out on issues fundamental to the health of our democracy. Many other women will opt to not participate.

Save    

So, I'm pretty new to this forum. What is the protocol when situations like this come up and there is some thread drift? Is it a faux pas to message someone directly?

Save    
d_gw

Sharp deflection away from the main point of a thread is intentional. In general, we are allowed to post whatever we like as long as it isn't a personal attack against a poster or vulgar. Perpetuating political lies is fine.

Messaging won't get a thread back on track.

2 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

Good to know Becca.

Save    
cattyles8675309

Lindsey, HT used to fit the description in the header but now does not. I hope you will stick around. We still manage to cover some interesting topics before it goes to heck.

3 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Misogynists complaining they would not be welcomed at a women's march is like me complaining that I would be turned away at a trump rally---complaining about not getting something you don't want.

3 Likes Save    

:) thanks for the info everyone.

My messaging button is open and I'm more than happy to discuss my religion and my Faith (and philosophy, farming, parenting, whatever lol) with anyone who is interested, privately or on threads where it is relevant. I won't message anyone first unless invited but I will respond if you message me.

Great to be here :)

3 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Women’s March

too bad rwingers don’t try to understand that most of us just want equal rights.

Birth control, equal pay for doing the same job and more.

Religion, no one cares whether you are religious or not.

3 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Nancy Pelosi said just the other day.

one woman’s success is success for

all women.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

One point about the Women's Marches is generally ignored. These marches across our country and spreading even to Europe are run by a number of different organizations. The big one in D.C. is run by Linda Sarsour and cohorts, but it is NOT about her or any of her ideas or allegiances. In other words, you can go listen without fear of being contaminated.

In New York, the march is run by an independent group that also has "Women's March" in its name, but is unaffiliated with the one in D.C. Other cities also have independent groups running their local marches.

There are also groups across the nation that have signed up as sub-groups affiliated with the D.C. group. I assure you that they will be marching for women's rights and not for Sarsour's political agenda.

There is no requirement that one must officially join the D.C. group in order to participate. The various groups across the nation have just found that it is easier to get all the planning and implementation done if a group of like-minded volunteers work together and co-ordinate with some of the other groups.

As for calling it "The Women's March," of course they can call it that if they want to. They don't need the permission of anyone on this forum to use it.

And what do they mean by "Women's" march? They are standing up for women's rights, and they invite anyone and everyone who believes in women's rights to join them or organize their own "Women's March."

No one is being excluded because they are white or Christian or not-white or Muslim or whatever. Besides how could anyone stop anyone else from joining a million women jumping up and down and loudly chanting "Me Too! Me Too!"? Just couldn't be done!

If you want to go, then GO! And be prepared to have a lot of fun and to be deeply moved!

Wish I could go. Annie, will you give an extra cheer just for me? Thanks.

Kate

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

"The train wreck called the 'Women's March'"

For outside observers, the slow-motion train wreck of the “Women’s March” movement is a fascinating turn of events. It began like all leftist disasters begin — the hijacking of an organic effort. The Women’s March, which still has a national and some local marches and rallies planned on Jan. 19, has become about identity politics, the antithesis of advancing women’s rights, and the impact is finally being felt.

The New Orleans effort has been canceled.

” ‘Many of the sister marches have asked the leaders of Women’s March Inc. to resign but as of today, they have yet to do so,’ [the organizers said in a statement]. ‘The controversy is dampening efforts of sister marches to fundraise, enlist involvement, find sponsors, and attendee numbers have drastically declined this year. New Orleans is no exception,’ ” The Washington Times reported.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/2/the-womens-march-train-wreck/

1 Like Save    
HU-249913260

Most of us have friends who are varied religions and backgrounds. As someone with friends who are Jewish, Catholic, African American etc. I would not even consider marching next to someone who called Jews termites. It violates the same lack of human decency that I find despicable about trump.

Would you match next to someone who called African American people termites? Muslim termites? It is the height of hypocrisy to look the other way at Louis Farrakhan when you don't tolerate trump the racist calling Nazis fine people and waging a war on brown people. You can't have it both ways.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

katrina-ellen: Its not a womens march, its a liberal march. I am certain that I as a white, conservative Christian would not be welcome there. And I would be verbally assaulted if I was wearing a Trump hat, woman or not. So it is not a womans march.

So the march is not inclusive enough...

becca: If any woman decides to still participate in the Some Women's March, they are supporting and complicit in the leadership cause of abolishing Israel, supporting BDS, supporting the "dual loyalty" narrative, supporting anti-Semitism, supporting Louis Farrakhan, supporting the Nation of Islam and Muslim Brotherhood, FGM, Sharia Law and jihad against an American President.

Further, they cancelled a Women's March for being TOO WHITE. That's racist, so congrats for tacitly approving.

So the march is too inclusive...

Ok. Whatever.

2 Likes Save    

I saw that and responded margievank

Save    
cattyles8675309

HU, I agree. You definitely should not march next to someone who called Jews termites.

Save    
kaych

The big one in D.C. is run by Linda Sarsour and cohorts, but it is NOT about her or any of her ideas or allegiances.

Not true.

In other words, you can go listen without fear of being contaminated.

It has nothing to do with fear of becoming contaminated. It's about having a deep antipathy to much of what the march stands for.

And what do they mean by "Women's" march? They are standing up for women's rights, and they invite anyone and everyone who believes in women's rights to join them or organize their own "Women's March."

Good grief! They don't even stand for the fundamental right to become a woman.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

"So the march is not inclusive enough..."

No annie, I am making the point that it should not be called a "womens march" as if they speak for everyone. As if all women believe the same things. That's just asinine to begin with, without factoring in the misrepresentation.

Save    
cattyles8675309

It’s called the Women’s March. Attend or don’t.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

So the march is not inclusive enough...

For one, yes. To call it a Women's March, it must include all women even though they might not agree on all aspects. Clearly, it has not shown tolerance.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

But becca, you were arguing it was too inclusive ... that it included support for FGM and sharia law!

Save    
texasranger2

Anyone remember Madeline Albright's warning "there is a special place in Hell for women who don't support other women".

I'll take my chances and not join 'The Sisterhood'.

Marching for Birth Control. We already have birth control and we even allow women to use abortion as birth control---legally. If these 3rd wave feminists want the government to pay for either, count me out.

The equal pay for women fallacy. These women use the false statistic that women make 78 cents on the dollar compared to men. The intentionally misleading statistic they keep dragging out doesn't take into account a lot of choices that men and women make---education, years of experience and hours worked, dangerous jobs. choices in occupations--that influence earnings. If you want an accurate picture (or the Truth) about the false idea of the "pay gap" or discuss this false idea you should have your discussion after the numbers are adjusted for all the factors.

The official Bureau of Labor Department statistics show that the median earnings of full time female workers is 77% of the median earnings of full time male workers. But this is very different than "77 cents on the dollar" for doing the same work as men." The latter gives the impression that a man and a woman standing next to each other doing the same job for the same hours of work get different salaries. That is not the case at all. "Full time" officially means 35 hours, but men put in more hours than women. That means they are comparing men working 40 hours to women working 35 and this is just one example of the factors involved in the 77% figure.

The actual truth doesn't stop some women from making this claim in spite of the fact that it has been debunked time and time again.

Marching for abortion rights....... The issue of abortion eclipses all other reasons these women march in the media and elsewhere. Just look at what's on their heads and read the most of the signs.

These women do not represent me. In spite of Madeline Albright's dread warning, I'll risk going to Hell before marching with a bunch of divisive, pro-abortion 3rd wave feminists who admire a woman wearing the most misogynistic thing imaginable on her head---a Hijab. You really have to laugh at the absurdity and contradiction of this. The purpose of the Hijab is a woman's guard against rape. A female must wear a Hijab because to Muslim men her entire body is a sex organ. That means if she is raped because a part of her body that sexually attracts men is exposed, then it is her fault if she is raped according to Islamic law. She can be found guilty of adultery if she cannot produce 4 witnesses and the harshest penalty for that is death by stoning. Women are beaten in many countries for not wearing it. In France, if a Muslim girl or woman refuses to wear it as many have tried to do, her face is slashed from the mouth to the ear to mark them with what is called 'The Smile'.

The more fundamental the sect of Islam is, the more oppressive the garment becomes for women. In spite of this symbol of female oppression, the leftist women applaud her as a great example of adopting multi-cultural inclusiveness, diversity and equality for women.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

mrskjun(9)

"The train wreck called the 'Women's March'"
For outside observers, the slow-motion train wreck of the “Women’s
March” movement is a fascinating turn of events. It began like all
leftist disasters begin — the hijacking of an organic effort.

The train wreck continues as marches are being cancelled because they're too "white".

The only chance the National WM had to save itself was to get rid of the vile leadership who to this very day, refuses to renounce Louis Farrakhan.

Volunteer or donate to a women's shelter. It'll do more good than these gripe-fests.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

texasranger2

Anyone remember Madeline Albright's warning "there is a special place in Hell for women who don't support other women".

I'll take my chances and not join 'The Sisterhood'.

That kind of scorched-earth vindictiveness only stereotypes women further, and adds to the idea that we have no ability to act and think rationally.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

I think y’all should get a lawyer and start a lawsuit for the deliberately obnoxious women being excluded from the Women’s March. Don’t boo, sue!

3 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

The more fundamental the sect of Islam is, the more oppressive the
garment becomes for women. In spite of this symbol of female oppression,
the leftist women applaud her as a great example of adopting
multi-cultural inclusiveness, diversity and equality for women.

Linda Sarsour was as Western and American as could be before she realized how special she could be by becoming more and more radicalized. She WANTED to be considered a person of color. Being a " ordinary white girl" didn't suit her.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/235179

In a video clip uncovered by popular blogger Elder of Ziyon, Sarsour says that "when I wasn’t wearing a hijab I was just some ordinary white girl from New York City. Wearing hijab made you know that I was Muslim."

The clip was part of a video released by Vox in January 2017 titled 'A beginners guide to hijabs.'

Despite her light skin tone, Sarsour commonly identifies as a person of color, and berates her critics for being 'white supremacists.' In August, Sarsour compared Zionists to white supremacists at a rally for controversial Quarterback Colin Kaepernick, saying that "We will not be silenced by Blue Lives Matter, by white supremacists, by neo-Nazis, or right-wing Zionists."

Save    
dandyfopp

Go, or stay home and hug your Trumpy Bear.

Thanks for the reminder Annie.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles8675309

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

As upset as the conservative women seem to be on this forum, I suggest that perhaps they should not march with the women.

If anyone is reluctant to support Sarsour and her beliefs, I suggest you avoid the D.C. march and attend one of the other marches in other cities (New York, for instance) that are not in any way associated with the Sarsour Women's March in D.C. The New York march (and many other local marches) are not affiliated with Sarsour's group, so you can--conscience-free--join them.

There--we've solved the problem, and the right-wingers can quit screeching in protest. Ignore the D.C. rally, if you wish, and go to an independent rally in NY or other city.

(Did anybody bother to read my earlier post about all the unaffiliated groups that are holding their own rallies on the 19th? Or are you just choosing to ignore it?)

Kate

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

If anyone is reluctant to support Sarsour and her beliefs, I suggest you
avoid the D.C. march and attend one of the other marches in other
cities (New York, for instance) that are not in any way associated with
the Sarsour Women's March in D.C. The New York march (and many other
local marches) are not affiliated with Sarsour's group, so you
can--conscience-free--join them.

Thank you. That's the informed decision women should be making and if anyone reading here has been heretofore unaware of the dangerous leadership of the National Women's March, they can make conscious choices and weigh their decision in a more informed manner.

Can you support the WM and Linda Sarsour and Tamika Mallory, knowing what you now know about them? That's up to you.

For me, it would be like asking if you could support Mussolini for making the trains run on time.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

I read it, Kate. I was going to ask the same question but was overcome by a smartass demon that took control of my iPad.

Save    
cattyles8675309

Good point, Becca. It would be like supporting Trump because of his teeny little tax cut for the middle class.

1 Like Save    
purrmich_7_

Rather than read the frw with their hair on fire :)) I'll skip by those silly posts.

Thanks for the info, Annie

We know trumpsters stay behind their computer screens for the most part.

Save    

"For me, it would be like asking if you could support Mussolini for making the trains run on time."

Or if you could support Trump for building a barrier.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Kate, the demarcation between Trump supporters and conservatives is growing. As is the one between fundamentalists and conservatives.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Here's an article addressing issues in one particular field: civil engineering

https://news.asce.org/bridging-the-gender-wage-gap/

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I was under the impression that the HT posters highly objecting to the D.C. Women's March were all self-identified conservatives--but maybe not. So how should I refer to them? I can't say the posters who are Trump fans, because at least one of the objectors has recently stated that she does not support Trump--though she seems to support all the other conservative positions.

I suppose I could say all the HT non-liberal posters--but that sounds a bit crass.

Or I could just omit all adjectives and simply say posters who object to the D.C. Women's March--but that could easily be mis-read. As far as I know, all the posters in a snit over the D.C. Women's March are self-identified as opposed to anything "leftist" (which presumably includes liberals).

So what do I call them in order to make clear that most of the Sarsour objectors do not support anything liberal--and would be objecting to a Women's March no matter who was in charge, because it is true--the Women's March is liberal.

Kate

4 Likes Save    
texasranger2

Dublin----I make a distinction between leftists and liberals and I disagree with your redefinition of liberal. I have no problem with liberals, its the leftists, socialists, marxists, pro-abortionists, gender obsessed and third wave feminists who now control the Democratic Party that are dangerous and whose ideas I detest.

If you are looking for a label, which seems to be an obsession with those on the left these days to categorize people into groups, take your pick. We get called Islamophobe, homophobe, racist, sexist, misogynist, white supremacist etc. It doesn't matter to me what word you choose to define me with because its just self congratulatory clap trap anyway. Whatever you label you choose to pin on me, be it insulting or just an arbitrary label with which to categorize me into a group, I disagree with your ideas so it makes no difference.

You can call me anti-dublinbay for all I care because anyone disagreeing with your personal ideology is what your real issue is.

By the way, I don't give a damn who is in charge of the stupid march so your need to make yourself clear, explain to us 'stupid idiots' or justify it is a waste of your time and mine.

Save    
HU-249913260

As upset as the conservative women seem to be on this forum, I suggest that perhaps they should not march with the women.

I am not a conservative woman. In fact, Kate, I have not voted republican in my entire life. But, I ask again, would you march next to a political representative who called African Americans termites? Would you do that? Because surely I would not. What about calling Puerto Ricans termites? It violated human decency for trump to say people marching next to NAZIS were very fine people. How does calling Jews termites not violate exactly the same human decency?

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

We know trumpsters stay behind their computer screens for the most part.

How do you know that? Because Trump supporters would be embarrassed to don a female genitalia costume and wear kittycat hats and march and scream and yell and hold up asinine signs screaming about abortion when they can already kill all the babies they want?

That doesn't mean Trump supporters aren't doing other things.

We have different means of making our voices heard and they don't involve the activities listed above.

4 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

We have different means of making our voices heard and they don't involve the activities listed above.

I'm with you, Stan. If people want to think that the Women's March has had any concrete results since it began, have at it.

The march is dying a miserable, racist, bigoted, hateful death.

You're right about participating in other ways that don't involve vulgar costumes and waxing poetic about menstruation.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Dublin----I make a distinction between leftists and liberals and I
disagree with your redefinition of liberal. I have no problem with
liberals, its the leftists, socialists, marxists, pro-abortionists,
gender obsessed and third wave feminists who now control the Democratic
Party that are dangerous and whose ideas I detest.

I welcome liberals, but they are few in number these days. For the most part, liberals' hallmark was tolerance and that engendered communication, understanding and growth. Today's "feminists" are angry, bitter and controlling.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

All this ranting over the Women’s March is just more attempts at distraction away from the big boiling pot of trouble Trump is in. It's like a drumbeat getting louder and louder and harder to ignore.

Except TR, she always gets shrieky when communicating with Kate.

1 Like Save    
kaych

I agree with what Stan says: "Because Trump supporters would be embarrassed to don a female genitalia costume and wear kittycat hats and march and scream and yell and hold up asinine signs screaming about abortion when they can already kill all the babies they want?"

There's a far better cause to stand & march for that is “uniting, educating, and mobilizing pro-life people in the public square.” called The March For Life

So I find it hard to believe that people actually pride themselves in wearing those get-ups & marching to gleefully promote that:

Abortion was the number one cause of death worldwide in 2018, with more than 41 million children killed before birth, Worldometers reports.

As of December 31, 2018, there have been some 41.9 million abortions performed in the course of the year, Worldometers revealed. By contrast, 8.2 million people died from cancer in 2018, 5 million from smoking, and 1.7 million died of HIV/AIDS.

Worldometers — voted one of the best free reference websites by the American Library Association (ALA) — keeps a running tally through the year of major world statistics, including population, births, deaths, automobiles produced, books published, and CO2 emissions.

It also records the total number of abortions in the world, based on the latest statistics on abortions published by the World Health Organization (WHO).

Globally, just under a quarter of all pregnancies (23 percent) were ended by abortion in 2018, and for every 33 live births, ten infants were aborted.

There were more deaths from abortion in 2018 than all deaths from cancer, malaria, HIV/AIDS, smoking, alcohol, and traffic accidents combined.

The staggering number of deaths from abortion, in fact, has led certain observers to call abortion “the social justice cause of our time,” since judging from the sheer magnitude of the problem other human rights issues pale in comparison.

The year 2018 also saw the repeal of Ireland’s Eighth Amendment, one of the last laws recognizing and protecting the right to life of unborn children.

Last week, the UK Department of Health revealed that in 2017 — the last year for which it has revised abortion statistics — the number of UK abortions hit a 10-year high.

The figures were released just before the Christian celebration of the Feast of the Holy Innocents on December 28, commemorating the decree by King Herod that all male children in Israel under the age of two were to be killed.

The annual March for Life in the United States will take place in Washington, D.C., on January 18, 2019 with the theme “Unique from Day One.”

The stated purpose of the march is to end abortion by “uniting, educating, and mobilizing pro-life people in the public square.”

The annual march commemorates the January 22, 1973 Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade that invalidated 50 state laws and made abortion legal and available on demand throughout the United States.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Those numbers make me physically ill kaych. When did human life become disposable?

1 Like Save    
HU-249913260

How do you know that? Because Trump supporters would be embarrassed to don a female genitalia costume and wear kittycat hats

Oh does that bother your sensibilities? While trump had sex with a porn star while his porn star wife was home with their baby? Uh, puulleeze.

Kate, responses do not mean someone is "mad." But saying don't march is like saying "don't march with the nazis then, but I choose to." My point is that calling a religious group a termite is the same as trump. Would you march with trump/trump supporters? I wouldn't.

Save    
Campanula UK Z8

I am somewhat astonished at the shouty claims of 'bigot' and 'racist' from the sort of people for whom such characteristics are part of the job description - Republicans, Conservatives (Tories in the UK), religious groups (for whom difference is the sine qua non of their very existence). The US has always been woefully ignorant about socialism (despite it being a distinct class of governmental enterprise) and it appears that we have morphed backwards to the 1970s where certain battles will have to be fought (and won) all over again - most especially concerning class, gender and racial inequality...but hey, that's OK...since it is glaringly apparent that the ruling elite have basically descended into mediocrity (more or less a given when uearned wealth is the fundamental metric of value). Us articulate, engaged feminists and socialists on the Left have time, intelligence and numbers on our side (despite doing the very best to diminish the education process)...plus we have have been immersed in class struggle for 800 years and have learned a trick or two.

(Wo)man the barricades...which ever way you cut it, Capitalism is in for a bumpy ride. The (so called) immigration crisis is indeed something of a disaster...but not just for workers. O no, when cheap foreign labour is taken out of the equation, the balance tips towards organised labour, unionised representation and wage demands which are not simply swept away by employing some casual deregulated day labourer for peanuts...and now that the property bubble is proving to be completely unsustainable, the unruly mob is not going to be pacified by Netflix and segregation.

Interesting times.

The furious bile and hatred engendered by a simple march is a bit ...telling...don't you think? Some big insecurities on show.

6 Likes Save    
kaych

Those numbers make me physically ill kaych. When did human life become disposable?

It truly is beyond understanding MrsK, even more so when you consider that many of these same people who promote & march for this death & destruction care more about the plastic than the human parts put in them to be sold or disposed of:(

1 Like Save    
HU-249913260

Annie, you need to report back to us whether or not the D.C. Women's
March was turned into a Muslim or Palestinian indoctrination camp--OK

Too many issues conflated here. Marching for choice and equal pay? YES!

Marching with a known anti-semite? NO. Would you march with a bigot? Marching with Farrakhan is no different than marching with a white supremacist. White supremacy bad and anti-semitism good? I reject both.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I find it quite inspiring to see thousands and thousands of women (and men) marching in support of women's rights, including their reproductive rights, as well as insisting that their voices will be heard--on the streets at rallies and in the voting booths.

The Blue Wave Cometh!

Kate

7 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Have you rwingers ever considered

that with birth control there would be fewer abortions.

3 Likes Save    
texasranger2

Are men now marching for their reproduction rights? Do men even have reproduction rights? I don't think they do. Its well known that some men will do anything to get in the pants of their girlfriends, even walking in the march like obedient puppies (Among guys there is a comical label for that kind of guy but its locker room talk and not repeatable on HT).

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

@Texasranger Not only do you have a low opinion of women, as shown in the multitude of posts you have made in HT, but now you express a low opinion of men that simply support women's rights. Good thing your op does not count for much with me, because it appears to have jumped into quicksand and is sinking quickly.

I am perfectly capable of supporting issues from which I derive no personal benefit. I care not why you think that is not an acceptable practice.

14 Likes Save    
purrmich_7_

Amen, gyr.

3 Likes Save    
texasranger2

gr_falcon -------if only everyone could be YOU.

I for one do not think abortion in anyway raises women to a higher level in any way, in fact just the opposite, its demoralizing and low down. I do have a low opinion of some women especially the type who gets giddy every time there is a victory in the pro-abortion camp and who throws a hissy fit anytime restrictions or concern for the unborn arises. I have nothing but disgust for women like that.

Contrary to what your personal opinion might be, people who stand for the rights of the unborn or who do not condone the march do not automatically have a low opinion of women in general, quite the opposite. That sort of binary thinking and negative labeling is an effective tool used those with a Pot-choice agenda or propagandists which is what you are doing in your post. Its also called 'virtue signaling'.

I have a realistic opinion of men. I know what men have said and its often quite honest, not always flattering but still true and not always nice --- definitely not what you and others want to attempt to control them into thinking by whatever means necessary.

Many men are reacting to the metoo# movement with mixed reaction of both sympathy and alarm by the hatred and malice against them that they are witnessing from women. On the one hand they are against rape and brutality but they are also against the witch hunt mentality that is getting out of control along with attempts to restrict freedom of speech and often impossibly shrill demands and self pity whining that these women are championing by marching, through the predominantly leftist media, Twitter, Hollywood etc.

1 Like Save    
macimom

TR how sad that the only men in your life just want to get in your pants (your words)

Some of us are fortunate enough to have men our lives that actually support us and the things we believe in. You know, REAL men.

9 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

The furious bile and hatred engendered by a simple march is a bit ...telling...don't you think? Some big insecurities on show.

Well said Campanula

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

There is power in numbers, and we have the numbers.

That makes them uncomfortable.

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

You're right.

We see the screaming and violence, vandalism, screaming about blowing up the White House, about kidnapping the President's son, about throwing our President out of the White House without due process, we see the disdain and lack of respect for human life and celebration of its destruction for convenience, we see efforts to take away our Second Amendment rights and our First Amendment rights--yes, it makes for being uncomfortable--uncomfortable with the sad fact that this is what part of our country's citizenry is comprised.

But afraid?

Nah.

Determined--you betcha!

4 Likes Save    
dockside_gw

I have a realistic opinion of men. I know what men have said and its often quite honest, not always flattering but still true and not always nice ---

I would say to the above that you need to get to know and associate with a better group of men. As someone said above, "real men".

8 Likes Save    
texasranger2

I heard this on Dave Ruben on u-tube; it was a discussion about #metoo; an interview with two guys who, as usually happens, hang around with other guys and know what they think and say about such subjects among themselves. It was actually quite funny listening to these guys talk about the marches and #metoo craze and their opinion of guys who are like that---that opinion was not exactly complementary, quite the opposite in fact but they all knew it went on because "some guys will do anything to get into a girls pants" unquote.

I myself am not a guy who hangs out with groups of guys and being a woman, I am not privy to to locker room type talk myself but have certainly heard my share or unsavory remarks about such things from women when men are not within listening distance, women who are no saints to put it mildly, but quite liberal and sexually active.

1 Like Save    
purrmich_7_

Women who are no saints to put it mildly, but quite liberal and sexuallly active.

Oh, my!! Quite liberal. Damnation to those bad, bad women!!

And sexually active!! O, my!!

the combination of those two things means a woman has no worth and should be shunned.

You can't make this stuff up :)))

4 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Believing something because it was said by a talk show host fishing for ratings is even less impressive than gathering the intel first hand from a few males one knows. lol

6 Likes Save    

Ugh.

All I can say is, thank goodness this is not how my late MIL raised her six boys, and it's not how they are raising their sons. There is hope for the future and it comes down to the parents of today.

And I'm beyond joyful to know that the adult men I associate with are not supporting my rights and interests just to get in my pants.

7 Likes Save    
macimom

No Real woman would associate with the men described above by TR.

Real women know REAL men. They marry REAL men. They raise REAL men.

4 Likes Save    
texasranger2

I will just let you vultures feast on each other and have your own little coven party. I'm finished messing with a bunch of zealous third wave feminists who can only hawk their message.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

Interestingly, a group of vultures is a wake, not a coven.

Thank you Lindsey, for making the best point in the thread. Did anyone else notice the anti-choice protester in Mrskjun’s picture?

7 Likes Save    

There are three metaphors in that comment, yes.

1 Like Save    
cattyles8675309

I missed the hawk. TR is usually more precise with her insults.

Save    
Becca Reese

Wow, when the SPLC drops the Some Women's March, you know they're more toxic than a bathroom toilet in Chernobyl.

The SLPC and Emily's list will no longer sponsor the WM.

At this point, the WM is crumbling. Even if they ousted those bigoted racists who "lead" it, it's too late. They should have been proactive and signaled that they won't tolerate hate.

Time's up, WM.

Save    
purrmich_7_

Propaganda for the extremists won't stop women.

Stupid and ignorant statements won't stop women.

Hate won't stop women.

The frwnj's won't stop women.

Silliness from the radicals won't stop women.

Save    
purrmich_7_

2019 list of Women's March sponsors.

https://www.womensmarch.com/2019-partners/

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Gee whiz--given all the fuss that has been raised in certain quarters, I fully expected the list of sponsors and partners to list a prominent Muslim group on every other line.

Maybe the Muslims are NOT taking over the American women's movement? Do you think?

Kate

Save    
purrmich_7_

I would rank that bit of propaganda right up there with some calling the quaint tree lined streets of Dearborn, Dearborista.

Why do people think they're clever and cute with that nonsense?

And if you don't choose to march, well and good.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Save    
Becca Reese

And if you do choose to march, be sure to pat your self on the back.

Because making vulgar signs and wearing vagina costumes really helps women.

Not.

Because supporting a march led by Jew-hating, white-hating bigots helps women.

Not.

Have fun! Real women will be doing something else that day, besides laughing at all the idiots marching around like lemmings.

Save    
cecily 7A

Unfortunately the weather forecast for DC next weekend is inhospitable (heavy rain/snow). I trust that other locales will have better conditions. I think that freedom of assembly is fantastic and I don't understand why others are so disturbed by it. If you don't care to participate in the democratic process, fine.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

Here's a good article that calmly and rationally discusses the controversy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/national-women-s-march-was-rocked-claims-anti-semitism-now-n955816

Save    
purrmich_7_

In my email this morning. And surprising how on point it is to this discussion and yet there is an entirely different conclusion. The FRWextreme is wrong. Duh!!

You probably don’t recognize our names,. We’re three of the 31 women on the Steering Committee for the 2019 Women’s March. And we’re writing today to tell you why we’re marching as proud Jewish women on Saturday and why we want YOU to join the #WomensWave!

Join the Women’s Wave in Washington, D.C, this Saturday, on January 19th!

As Jewish women, our values teach us to see justice as rooted in human dignity. As Jewish activist leaders we are making the movement stronger by showing up as our full selves, listening, learning, growing and taking action together. We’re marching for a world where we are all celebrated, not simply tolerated, and where our families and communities can both survive and thrive. Will you march with us, ?

We’re marching because we take anti-semitism very seriously. It cannot be condoned, equivocated or excused. We know better than most how dangerous it is, and the ways it is used to put Jews at risk, undermine our movements, and drive wedges between communities. We’re marching because, as Jewish women of color and as a transgender Jewish woman, we are committed to addressing anti-Black racism and transphobia in Jewish communities and beyond. We believe in the power, importance, and potential of this intersectional, women-led opposition movement. We are excited to have been welcomed into this historic coalition as Jewish leaders.

Show up as your full self on Saturday, , at the 2019 Women’s March on Washington and tell the world what you’re marching for.

The magic of the Women’s March movement is that it brings so many incredible women from all backgrounds into a room to fight for a shared vision of the world we want to live in. Our collective imaginations as women from different backgrounds — as a team with a transgender Jewish woman and a Palestinian Muslim woman, a 24-year-old anti-rape activist and a 70-year old Civil Rights icon, Black Jewish women and our sisters of other or no faiths, and many others — that’s how we make good trouble. That’s how we make history.

Make history with us again on Saturday, when we rise up as a #WomensWave too powerful to sweep aside.

We’re so proud to join the Women’s March steering committee and to stand with all our sisters and siblings in support of the Women’s Agenda. We look forward to leading with you to move the Women’s March movement forward. We’ll see you in DC!

In community,
Abby, April, and Yavilah

P.S. Every month, CREDO Mobile donates $150,000 to three progressive groups — and this month Women’s March in the running! Vote today to help sustain our work.

[bit.ly/votewomensmarch?link_id=8&can_id=9a7c761cab26ff18b6e8c07970e25d39&source=email-as-jewish-women-heres-what-were-marching-for&email_referrer=email_478855___subject_617706&email_subject=as-jewish-women-heres-what-were-marching-for]

More ways to participate:

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

In an attempt to mitigate the growing concerns that the Women's March leadership needs to step down due to numerous reports involving hateful ideology, Women's March leader Tamika Mallory appeared on The View yesterday and refused to distance herself from Louis Farrakhan, an anti-Semite, white-hating bigot, with a very long history deeply steeped in the Nation of Islam, of which Mallory is a member.

Mallory was asked to renounce Farrakhan's anti-Semitic views and remarks, but failed to do so on numerous occasions. Further, she defended her continued opinion of him at "the GOAT" and praised him for his work with the black community, although she had no examples to offer.

Mallory refuses to step down.

Today, the DNC is no longer sponsoring the Women's March, and there will be no DNC leadership appearing, just days before the 2019 event.

1 Like Save    

LAT had an article saying Eureka's Women's March is on.

Save    
Becca Reese

LAT had an article saying Eureka's Women's March is on.

But there's a boycott and now it's a divisive, racial thing.

Save    
Becca Reese

Oh, and btw, those pink hats?

They're racist and symbols of white supremacy, as well as exclusive of people who identify as women, but don't have vaginas.

Save    
maifleur01

By saying do not march with anyone that disagrees with something that you think is right is silly. There would not be anyone to display the need for women's equality if that is how you feel. In any group there will be people that you violently disagree with and others that you would fall at their feet praising them. This is a distraction.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Purrmich--I'll be looking forward to your pics! Give a shout for me!

Kate

Save    
studio10001

B, that is by far the most hysterical comment I have ever read on this site. You always deliver at some point, but tonight you are fire! :()))))))

2 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Better than when she chastised people for sitting on HT all day?

6 Likes Save    
cattyles8675309

Becca, you know you want to march Saturday. You don't have to wear the hat if it's making you crazy. C'mon. Join us!

4 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Here, again, is the message in a nutshell from the women's steering committee:

-------------------------------------------

"You probably don’t recognize our names,. We’re three of the 31 women on the Steering Committee for the 2019 Women’s March. And we’re writing today to tell you why we’re marching as proud Jewish women on Saturday and why we want YOU to join the #WomensWave!

[. . .]

The magic of the Women’s March movement is that it brings so many incredible women from all backgrounds into a room to fight for a shared vision of the world we want to live in. Our collective imaginations as women from different backgrounds — as a team with a transgender Jewish woman and a Palestinian Muslim woman, a 24-year-old anti-rape activist and a 70-year old Civil Rights icon, Black Jewish women and our sisters of other or no faiths, and many others — that’s how we make good trouble. That’s how we make history."

--------------------------------------------

Trumpsters seem to be offended that there are 3 or 4 Muslim women on the Steering Committee--which also includes 3 or more Jewish women. That leaves a couple dozen women on the steering committee who are NOT Muslim or Jewish.

My guess is that the Steering Committee also consists of Protestants and Catholics and Hindus, as well as all sorts of white and non-white women of more than one gender orientation.

In other words, Muslim women do not run the Steering Committee nor the March itself. Instead, it is a mixed group of women directing the event.

But if you (generic) are offended that Muslim women, among all those other groups, are also allowed to be involved in the GROUP EFFORT, then I suggest that you (generic) should not attend the Women's March.

There--fixed that problem.

Watch out--here's the Women's Wave!

Kate

2 Likes Save    
diane_nj 6b/7a(6b/7a)

Like last year, it's a pass for me.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Accessories Celebrating the Great American Quilt
They speak of family, history and beauty. Is it any wonder quilts transcend design styles?
Full Story
Simple Pleasures Simple Pleasures: The Art of Being Neighborly
Learn the heartfelt gestures that go a long way in creating a welcoming community
Full Story
Antiques Smart Shopper: How to Judge Antique Furniture Quality
Pick the treasures from the trash without expert experience by learning how to evaluate antiques and what questions to ask
Full Story