tRump Is Asking For A Primetime Network Slot On Tuesday.....

Elly

Is he about to announce his national emergency?

SaveComment83Like3
Comments (83)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ann

Bret Baier thinks that is one possibility for the primetime slot - I thought it was for tomorrow and his visit to the border is scheduled for Thursday, but not sure? Another possibility is simply to discuss the border situation with the public, according to Baier.

Save    
Elly

It's possible it is tomorrow. If he goes down that road it may finally be a bridge to far!

Eliana

1 Like Save    
Elly

It is Tuesday evening.

Eliana

Save    
catticusmockingbird

Putin is coaching him well.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Apparently a couple birds got their feathers ruffled.

1 Like Save    
Chi

His desperation is showing.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

"Trump also asked aides over the weekend about delivering a prime time address on Tuesday, a White House official confirmed to CNN. The official said the public address is in the planning stages now -- but Trump wants to make his case about the government shutdown and wall funding in advance of Thursday's border trip.

Bill Shine, the deputy chief of staff for communications, is set to meet with aides this afternoon to discuss a potential address to the nation. The New York Times first reported Trump's desire to address the nation."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics/trump-shutdown-wall-visit/index.html

Nancy Pelosi should be given equal time following Dementia Don so she can correct all the lies that he is sure to be spouting.

9 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Networks need to fact check him with a live crawl.

13 Likes Save    
deegw

Anything he says will have to be taken with a grain of salt because he's spewed so much garbage over the past few weeks.

5 Likes Save    
GOD

it will be an equal mix of lies, self-aggrandizement, and incoherent ramblings.

16 Likes Save    
MissMyGardens

He and his coterie may have decided to take advice of some partisans to present "the wall" idea as a more mainstream "border security" issue with which they assume no one can disagree. They must have accepted position that they're losing ground for "the wall" with all the current dislocations due to tariffs and government shutdown. This is an attempt to regain the high ground. He may go as far as announcing a state of emergency but I would've thought they'd try for recoup of total public support in their base or even attempt to get some defectors from center if they seem more cooperative than intransigent to save Trump's ego.

The Trump threat (meandering opining) for declaring state of emergency seems to have kept McConnell and Republican pols who want to remain in power somewhat quiet. Maybe even they think that's a strategic error or aren't opposed to it but don't want any "dirt" to stick to them if Trump goes through with it. On the other hand the faux House Freedom Caucus is all for continued shutdown and state of emergency. They're into what they think are manly things! God save us.

Never know what people dream up out at Camp David.

3 Likes Save    
jillinnj

it will be an equal mix of lies, self-aggrandizement, and incoherent ramblings.

And his base will eat it up. They will believe every word he says, fact checks be damned.

Oh, and if he makes any mistakes, or says something really stupid - either he didn't say it or he's just trolling the left.

Save    
Elly

Will this be his first network primetime performance outside the State Of The Union?

Eliana

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Primetime performance is right.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Elly
chase_gw

GOD

"it will be an equal mix of lies, self-aggrandizement, and incoherent ramblings"

Followed by enthusiastic bobbling bobble heads who will not question his lies

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Robert Reich tweeted

The government of the United States is not a bargaining chip. A president cannot close the government when he doesn’t get his way, and then offer to open it as a concession when he does. That would not be a democracy; it would be a dictatorship.

Trump is holding the Government hostage.

18 Likes Save    
heri_cles

tRump is The Enemy of the People

20 Likes Save    
Chi

We have checks and balances for a reason. It's literally the foundation of our Constitution. Our country was founded to get away from an absolute ruling monarchy. I thought Conservatives were all about upholding the Constitution. I guess only when it serves them!

Trump couldn't get the wall when Republicans controlled both houses. This is why we have this protection!

8 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

He is creating a fake crisis for a fake state of emergency. Well I keep saying with Mueller closing in he will just find bigger and bigger things for distraction a create more chaos. Well here we go again. This is all for Trumpys benefit. He doesn't really care about anyone else.

In the meantime Jared and Ivanka are working like mad setting themselves up for more profit.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/423876-government-watchdog-calls-on-rosenstein-to-investigate-ivankas

14 Likes Save    
Chi

You're right, Izzy. It's just one giant distraction. The midterm caravan crisis which disappeared the day after the midterms didn't work, so now he has to throw an even bigger tantrum.

4 Likes Save    
Pidge_

I have no idea what Trump's plan is, but this does not bode well for this country. The man is doing his best to bring us down. I'm sickened.

6 Likes Save    
Pidge_

I'm very concerned about this "national emergency" charade. Feels like a smokescreen to get our attention off the repercussions of the shutdown.

12 Likes Save    
purrmich _6

There is a lot going on behind the scenes and the shut down is a smoke screen.

I'm so hoping trump calls the wall a "steel separator"! It would comic genius!! Good for years of amusement.

1 Like Save    
bob_cville

He will announce that the Reichstag is on fire.

9 Likes Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

Wouldn't surprise me if eventually it is realized all the money that has already been earmarked for the wall had disappeared into private pockets.

2 Likes Save    
Elly

If there still is anyone left in the WH tRump will listen to, I'm sure they are twisting themselves in to pretzels trying to convince him to stay on script tomorrow. I'm equally certain he will not. He has painted himself into a corner and he is angry, so he will let it fly, straight from his incoherent brain and out his blathering mouth.

Eliana

3 Likes Save    
GOD

Wouldn't surprise me if eventually it is realized all the money that has already been earmarked for the wall had disappeared into private pockets.

And his minions would still support him

2 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

Ah! In whose pockets I wonder...

Save    
Elly

I wonder if he will be surrounded by his usual posse on that podium tomorrow, or if there will be a rally-like flock of grinning and nodding heads behind him. He seems to like to call on "fans" to sing his praises during these public appearances. Not really a solo performer type of guy. Should be interesting. CNN will be carrying the spectacle live, but networks have not committed yet. Wouldn't it be something if they turned him down? Sort of like giving a party and no one comes.

Eliana

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Gotta admit he has the tongues wagging....

Save    
nopartyghost

I won't be watching. If his lips are moving, he's lieing; can't stand the sound of his voice; and why give him what he craves-attention.

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

New lies or old lies for Tuesday?

1 Like Save    
Maddie AtHome

New lies or old lies for Tuesday?

Both.

1 Like Save    
sheesh(5b)

He is calling for prime time air THREE WEEKS BEFORE THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS!!! He is going to make this sound as scary as he can. I expect the worst from him. That he cannot wait three weeks indicates he plans to try to terrorize the country.

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL- can people get any more hysterical lol

Save    
Joaniepoanie

So are the 3 major networks granting him time, or just Fox?

Save    
GOD

the right wingers are afraid of everything. Remember their reaction to AIDS? I can't imagine going thru life peeing in one's pants at every little thing, but you know they do

3 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Joanie, they haven't said yet. Been a lot of interesting comments on twitter.

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Pretty much all the "crisises" since Trumpy took office has been by his own creation. It's part of the con. It's rope a dope. And the United States is the dope.

3 Likes Save    
GOD

Hopefully just FOX, since they major in lies and entertainment

1 Like Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Maddie if only that would work.

That said this is a good thing, When is the last time he has stood in one place without yelling little sound bites under airplane noise or Another twitter lie? These limited lies are only heard by his rabid base. When he presents his fantasy Reality show in Prime time WOOOOOOOO!

You now have educated middle class sitting in front of this Real Life not Reel Life....... Reality Show after a long day of needing a break from the crazy day and worse a federal employee working for free. Can you imagine what is going to happen? When he tries to read the teleprompter like a 5 yr old NOT hooked on phonics. Good Lord.

4 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

The networks do not have to give him time if they decide it is for a partisan speech. Let's hope they refuse because he is incapable of giving a non-partisan speech.

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yep, it's definitely reichstag fire time...trump needed to create a crisis and he is. Probably better this than rigging an actual terrorist attack...

But let's hope enough in congress are forewarned and forearmed.

2 Likes Save    
deegw

Maybe he can send one of his emergency messages to all our phones.

4 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

1 Like Save    
GOD

He's going to tell us what he saw at the wall before he went there...

3 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

catticusmockingbird I think that is giving him credit that he can read on or off prompter, The way he squinch up his eyes I think he also needs glasses and probably think that he would be able to see what he really looks like. This way he can continue to think he looks good.

Save    
Lily316

I hope the networks don't cave. Let Fox slobber all over him. The networks don't have any obligation to have this carnival barker on prime time interrupting everyone's shows.

2 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

I cannot stand to listen to him and immediately turn off whatever is giving him voice. I am not alone. I can't imagine that any address by him preempting regular programming is a win for the networks.

Or maybe that's just my NYC bias talking.

3 Likes Save    
llucy

How much time is he asking for?

His appearances to promote his wall in the last 2 weeks have been very short. Nothing new there, so not much news coverage about them afterward in mainstream media.

I

Save    
Elly

Someone in the know said it will be less than 10 minutes! If that is tRumps estimate I don't buy it. Once he gets going with his wild interpretations of the truth there is no stopping him. If it is the time the networks have given him, they will have to cut him off in mid lie. That would be worth watching!

Eliana

2 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Elly
llucy

"Someone in the know said it will be less than 10 minutes!"

Googling this topic, I read an estimate of around 8 minutes. No way to know for sure, but it seems realistic for a Trump propaganda-mercial. We will see.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Elly
deegw

Sounds like he is going to declare a state of emergency. Will this Twilight Zone episode ever end?

Save    
queenmargo

Try and calm down.

Save    
live_wire_oak

When a delusion is so strong that a fake state of emergency is declared, its seriously time for the 25th. The constitutional crisis is already here. Someone needs to put some steel in some spines and be prepared to make that happen.

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.[5]

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Elly
josephene_gw

Why not tonight?

oh, the competition.

FOOTBALL

4 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Not wasting my time watching him.

I’ll wait for Rachel.

4 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

If there were a real emergency that demanded the president address the nation, it would be outrageous to make us wait for a day. There is no crisis. No emergency. There isn't even a hint of one the national media is reporting. The crisis or emergency will be if he announces that there is one, becAuse he will have invented it.

I can't wait to watch him make a fool of himself again. Maybe this will finally be the end of him.

7 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

I gotta feeling tomorrow night trump will do his usual "be very afraid" stictk but then demand that congress send him a urgent bill to immediately open the government and of course blaming them for the shutdown. Then he'll say the wall is too important to leave it up to congress and tell his flock that he'll personally take care of the wall with his mighty power of emergency BS, bla, bla ,bla. ,god bless America, yada yada... and good night.

Next month he'll blame the courts for preventing him from building the wall (even conservative judges aren't that crazy), if he can't have his way he'll always find a scapegoat, the judges, it's his favorite way to keep his base on his side.

3 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

I agree, vgkg. And his voice and demeanor will be something to watch.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

It seems that all the networks have agreed to run Trump's speech.

Now Pelosi and co. are demanding "equal time"--since they know that even limited to 8 minutes, Trump can still manage to squeeze an amazing number of lies!

Don't know if the networks will agree to that or not.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/major-networks-air-trump-apos-005929223.html

Kate

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I should be driving home, caught in traffic. Too bad I'll miss it.

I will wait for Randy Rainbow's take on the Trump border propaganda ploy -- I'll be better informed AND happier.

3 Likes Save    
nopartyghost

17 Likes Save    
Kathy

I agree, the biggest risk to US security is Trump.

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

This is going to be one of those I can't believe he is saying what he is saying embarrassing himself again. More Saturday Night Live material.

Or, he is going to announce he is the new spokesman for Hair Club for Men.

Kidding aside. Yeah he is going to announce a state of emergency. Fox, and others have really been pushing wall with false data. Not trying to work with Democrats. Yeah, you own this mess Donny Boy.

Please Mueller hurry up!!

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

The only reason to watch him is to see if he goes off script and says really crazy things...or if he manages to keep it together.

4 Likes Save    
how2girl

This has Bannon all over it. He never left. Create a fake crisis then promote yourself as the only one that can fix it.

7 Likes Save    
Rina

Declaring a state of emergency when there is no emergency is an illegitimate power grab that on its own would surely be grounds for impeachment?

8 Likes Save    
Lily316

The networks need to give the Dems equal time to respond to the madman. CBS caved first and then the other two followed. He will read in his sing-song voice with stupid inflections. All the words will be two syllables because any more his tiny mind would implode. He'll spend all day coloring his hair and sitting in a tanning booth. His cult will sit in their trailers and fawn.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Some commentators are calling for fact-checking his speech in real time....a ticker at the bottom correcting his lies. I'd settle for a real time tally of the lies with a little bell ringing each time he lies.....which will be every second of his 10 minute speech.

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

CNN is giving the Dems equal time after his speech. I don't think the networks will want to cut even further into prime time for them.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Brian Stelter claims that "CNN, NBC and CBS all say that they'll carry the Democratic response to Trump live tonight. My impression is that the other major networks will do the same. But some of the details are still being worked out."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/networks-give-democrats-equal-airtime-to-battle-trump

----------------------------------

Kate

Save    
chase_gw

Wonder if FOX will carry the Democratic response ?

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

CBS is definitely carrying the Democratic response.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Wonder if FOX will carry the Democratic response ?

Nah, more likely it'll be the hanninnie response, only trump can preempt his show.

3 Likes Save    
ann_t

8 Likes Save    
Elly

With FOX being the possible exception, I believe all networks and cable stations will carry the democratic equal time response. That will pi$$ tRump off. Based on his own inability to remember anything beyond what the last person said to him, he assumes everyone is like that. CNN just announced that Schumer will deliver the democratic pushback. Great!

Eliana

Save    
Kathy

MSNBC said it would be a joint response by Pelosi and Schumer.

Save    
mayflowers

Oh, don't you mean the feckless "Chancy"?

Save    
dockside_gw

Since the Dems will get airtime to respond, I think the Republicans should ask for time to tell us what Trump really meant when he said something outrageous or an out-and-out lie. I'd nominate one of the HT RW members (who hasn't posted recently, as far as I know) who was here telling us what Trump really meant when he lied about something.

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I wasn't going to watch, but might be worth if to see if Trump implodes/explodes and gets his word salad all tangled up. Also perhaps worth it to see the Dem rebuttal. It's to our advantage that Dems get the last word. Looking forward to that deer in the headlights look as he has to be terrified of what Mueller has probably found....

Save    
Lily316

YES!!! The Dems will be allowed air time to tell the country we have a madman running it. Manufacturing false emergencies and keeping federal employees working without a paycheck because Rush and Ann C and Fox told him to stand firm on his wall.

2 Likes Save    
A shared philosophy of giving back is what motivates the talented team at Purple Cherry Architects. Our work is... Read More