I need help in finishing my kitchen!! Please!!

Parker Murphy

I started a re-do on my kitchen last spring and just can't seem to finish . I got new granite(snowfall) and new backsplash and changed the paint from deep wine red to green. Now I don't know what to do . I am also enclosing a picture of my living room so you can see my color palette in the house. (reds, yellows, and greens) The last picture is a more accurate depiction of the kitchen color. It was taken before I decorated walls and got new white chairs(that need to be re-upholstered)

I need help with window treatment, lighting over table and sink and upholstery for the chairs.

Thank you for your help.

SaveComment19KLike51
Comments (19K)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Julie Zygmontowicz

Whatever lamp you like..but needs white lampshade..love the white pillow on the sofa...not to be picky..but can you bring the side pillows in a bit not so much hanging on the corners of sofa...sitting up a bit and in more?

Oh my gosh that is the sweetest photo ever! So darn cute🥰

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

I think you will know what lamp after you paint the chairs white..but keep lamp on that table looks great!

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Found a few more options...

1 Like Save    
Amanda Smith

What a face!

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Thanks Liasch- I do like your idea of books- others have mentioned too. We really should look for some interesting garden books. Might take time though- hard to go out and find the perfect books but I will keep in mind on my shopping escapades. We do have about 4 glossy paperback ones that DH looks at frequently. The Bookends were nice too from HD. The white would work well in the room. Garden books will find a place somewhere. We have the shelf beneath the hutch too and under coffee table.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Do you have half price books near you?

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Great place to get great books cheap

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Marley is always a scene stealer! Which picture did you like best? I think I liked the one in a blue jar. Whatever picture is chosen, would it be framed or just a canvas?

Another question- what texture would the white pillow be. Tassels? anything? Seems plain.

I will wait on lamp til chairs painted.

I will gladly fix the pillows Julie- and stuff them more!

Love when you pick!!! I know its done out of love! It is isn't it?

Save    
toni1947

Depending on your view, maybe add a birdwatching book and a pair of binoculars

3 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Flo- yes I do have a Half-price Books by me.. Good idea- Great place to find books. I will go there soon. We are going to Vegas Sunday so can't go this week.

And Flo, love that lamp of yours and Julies.

3 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

I put an 18 inch pillow form in the side. It’s very stuffed now and I can’t chop it. Do I need to have down? 18 inch?

Save    
Parker Murphy

Cute idea Toni! I might do that. Perfect for the porch Thanks!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Down inserts is the way to go they just rest and settle into the sofa so nice and comfy!

I too love the lemon tree in the blue pot With all the white background...so cheery....if you do canvas I would add white floater frame...or do white mat white frame with a print.

white pillow anything you love..but tassels would be my last choice for a garden cottage look...linen..lace..ruffles....

Save    
Parker Murphy

Thanks Julie- I can't do canvas with that print- too big or too small.

I will do white frame and mat then. Pretty white!? No yellow matt?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I love the all white..but up to you..it might be hard to match the yellows..

Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

I am still looking for other prints so that I get the best! :)

Save    
liasch

I actually really like the lamp with the green shade… Much more interesting.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
smh225

So lovely! May I come for tea? Not a fan of the white pillow on the sofa.

Seajay Sparkles

Vote yes for Marley😘

Vote yes for lemon tree in blue bucket

Vote no on white pillow on sofa.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

Hey Seajay! Your votes count!!

-I am painting birdcage white and.......

- I am still keeping the lighter blue lamp

- I am going to find a white pillow and then see . You can vote then. We must keep an open mind.

Glad you liked the lemons with the blue vase.

3 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Maybe 2 white pillows with your floral..don’t put blue and green stripe back looks a bit dated for some reason..you could even add yellow and white pillow to pump up the yellow with the blue..but white wherever you can..it is what makes the blue special..just like how you added all the off white with your red it allows the red to get the attention it deserves...all the white with your green in dining room..it just works and looks lovely!

Love the blue potted lemon tree art! So happy you liked it!

I say white lamp or white lampshade on table...

Should I say it? Trust Me😉

PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Didn’t you get the Kirkland lamp?

liasch

Yaaa for white bird cage...lol...

Will reserve judgement on white pillow until the real thing.

White lamps feel large, and not graceful or interesting...unlike the green lampshade one which I love...

Parker Murphy

Good Morning Julie!

I haven't heard those words for a while ":trust me"

I didn't get the kirkland lamp-it was shorter and maybe I was just lazy?

I am going to order the picture today/tonight. I want to make sure another picture isn't found that is even better! Here is the one that is the winner from Great Big Canvas. They were the only one that had the canvas in a variety of sizes. I will order the 23x 30 with a white frame. I thought about a framed one with a mat but it seemed like too much white

7 Likes Save    
Molly

God morning Parker. 🙂 How did the reglazing of the tub go? Did the counter stain come out?

Save    
dsimber

Parker, I love those frames and use them almost exclusively...but they do not seem like you! Why not stay with your cottage charm? I would order a print and have it framed locally. Then you can have a double mat, perhaps with a narrow strip of color. It’s fun to play with the samples, and Michaels often has 50% off. What do you think?

PRO
JAN MOYER

The absolute inability to commit to an idea and edit leads to amateur results.

Edit this to JUST THE BLUE AND WHITE. Add the lemon pic. Now..S.T.O.P

BELOW? get rid of all but the blue/white jars. . Tell the story, clearly and stick to your "story". You're making me crazy

Parker Murphy

Good Morning Molly. Thanks for thinking of me and my problems. Yes the tub came out just fine. He was there for 2 1/2 hours. He also fixed a smaller area- about 1/4 inch that had come off- I don't know how- but he saw that it was a little piece of silicone that wouldn't take the spray. Anyway- all is good.

The vanity top is almost perfect. Nobody would ever know but I know! The lemon juice didn't really work but my Barkeepers friend seemed to get it off. I can still see a little rusty orange. I am going to put a little more on it and then will use Weimans ( haven't bought it yet) when I get back from Vegas.

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Morning Dsimber- I like those frames too.. Both of my big pictures in the living room use them.

But, I did find another print that I like that I can't get in canvas in the right size. Here are the two to compare. What do you think?

28x33

25x31

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Jan Moyer- did you see I went and bought a plant for the coffee table like you suggested? I do listen ........ Sometimes.

3 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Morning Parker ☕️

I like the floater white frame...you have simple black frame in the other rooms no mat...it looks fresh! I love it still think you need the bolder blue and white lamp..just sayin...

Amanda Smith

I like the bolder lamp too.

1 Like Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

same. the lighter one seems to disappear.

dsimber

Am I just not getting the joke? This is not engineering where the house could fall down. I don’t understand why anyone, and especially a designer, imposes her own style on others, but I’ve run into that in real life about 50% of the time. I only choose to involve those who listen to what I want and work with me. When the mark is missed, as judged by me, the client, we go back to the drawing board. The others? I know at the first meeting and we do not proceed. Nice to be able to say goodbye. It’s why I’m here. It is helpful to me to get different perspectives in the context of “but you’re the owner and it’s your decision." I’m pretty sure the story here is garden. The blue and white ginger jars, as I recall, were suggested for a few accents. I can’t speak for Parker, but I would never put all those blue ginger jars in one room, let alone on one table. To me, the mockup looks like a shelf display at a wholesale place. Notice the “to me” aka “imo." Just common courtesy--and courtesy is one mark of professionalism. Basic people skills. Might you just recognize that you are not the right designer for Parker? If she wants more help from you, she is perfectly capable of asking you specifically. Please do us all a favor and limit your input to threads where people just want the job done.

I’m going to be embarrassed if I’ve misunderstood, but I am really tired of the few pros on houzz who have this attitude. I usually cringe when I see those names and prepare myself for bullying. If I am off-base, I will remove this post.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
dsimber

Parker, I had forgotten that you have that style of frame in your living room. Nevermind! I don’t dislike the print or canvas with lemons, but I prefer the print you already had there. Maybe I’ve missed that you are trying to downplay the red-orange? Will it now be limited to your chair cushions? Whatever direction you take, we know it will be as charming as all of your other rooms. 🥰

liasch

Soooo.... where are we at with these ginger jars and the top of this piece of furniture under the painting? The last I heard Parker wasn’t really feeling the ginger jars… Is that still the case Parker? If you love the lemon tree idea I think either of those work fine.

ladma

dsimber, Jan doesn't use her filter, and tells it like she sees it. I don't think she has malice in her heart, but gets frustrated when the OP takes a long time to make decisions, and crowdsources the details. but sometimes the OP likes to crowd source. parker weighs in on all the advise and finally comes up with a stellar design.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
liasch

Ladma, Great explanation about the protocol in this group. You either enjoy this process or you don’t.. and if you don’t it has been suggested several times that those that don’t, MoveOn.

3 Likes Save    
PRO
JAN MOYER

It's not "imposing" . You can't turn your fun of "chat room options" into a lesser result for your CLIENT.

It's not about the time you spend. It is about the result. That I get to result faster? Welll yes. I get paid to do just that.

There are a million ways to have fun, certainly design is but one! But. More is not better in design, Editing is very good. You are telling your story. PARKERS STORY. The best stories and the best books and the best designs of virtually anything......go through an editing process. Sorry..........it's fact.

If you are not clear on the intent? Your message in written text or in visuals? ? Nor will your brain eye understand that intent/

I DO GET THAT YOU ARE ALL HAVING FUN........ HAVE THAT, HELPING YOUR CLIENT EDIT. : )

Arduous "process" doesn't make it "" better" ........that's a choice. When you have "it"? Yeah..........you have it.

Julie Zygmontowicz

Jan you just talk in circles....we don’t have any problem communicating at all and we can do it in a fun nice way....Parker loves to play around...every last simple thing...why not! Edit edit edit until we can’t edit anymore🤗👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
happyleg

I like the art u picked out! So cute tree & ginger pots. :)

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Liasch and Dsimber - I know I am sounding confusing. I am going to keep the ginger jars until I see how it all works together with the lemon picture.We all know Julie has good ideas! I must say if I had to make a choice without seeing the art and the jars together, I would choose the geranium picture because its safe. We had that picture there for years. I know it works. I want to be open and try something different! Maybe I will end up with the geranium picture but at least I tried.

Dsimber- I am going to keep the lower shelf empty or with one thing. It does look better.

Julie-I have decided to keep the darker lamp. Don't tell Seajay. I left the light one there for the day and when I walk by the porch, it does look like it fades away.. But it is so pretty. I love the color.

I got confused with Jan's rant. Whats my story? What exactly does that mean?

2 Likes Save    
Karon Long

I really like the lemon tree, I like that it's vertical it seems to fit the space better. Love the darker lamp, I'm going to hold on the ginger jars until I can see the whole thing put together...I have no imagination. 🙂

dsimber

Parker, I don’t think you are confusing. Confused, maybe? No. Totally teasing. You are trying to mix in the blue and white without giving up your idea of what feels like a porch--bringing the outside in. I see that with the use of clay pots and plants in your hutch and on your table. I think you found a perfect way to refresh your room by adding the blue area rug and now some ginger jars. I, too, would need to play with different combinations. Sometimes I FaceTime my sister for help; she owned and managed a shop for ten years, and she always seems to come up with just the right change that makes me say, “Yes!” For me, houzz is the next best thing to that! and I’ve learned that from you. Thank you for bringing me joy!

Molly

Look how pretty these yellow flowers look. 🥰

liasch

I think the darker lamp works fine. I noticed in a couple of shots exactly what you were saying it kind of faded so it really depends on the angle and you would know best as you’re actually in the space.

Parker Murphy

I like those yellow flowers in a ginger jar! Maybe?

Save    
liasch

I have no idea what Jenn is talking about but I do know one thing; text on the thread like this or on Facebook for example is no place to try to hash out personal or philosophical differences and opinions. It’s fine if you’re dealing with something very concrete, which we are here… Even that ends up with a lot of opinions but it’s not A matter of life and death! However... if you start getting into opinions on other matters It can be a slippery slope. It’s sort of like the wisdom that at family dinners don’t talk about religion… or politics...LOL. It’s a rabbit hole.

Save    
liasch

Jan not Jenn...my autocorrect is working overtime.

Save    
Parker Murphy

I sent back the lighter blue lamp today and ordered the lemon tree. Decisions made.

I am going to Vegas tomorrow til Friday. Excited to go- its in the mid 80's there and sunny.

Keep posting any ideas- I will be checking! Thank you all!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Great! Once you see your art, it will inform your other choices. Art first, then accessories. Go win some money! We have shopping to do!

1 Like Save    
dsimber

Enjoy your trip, Parker! Safe travels. 😘

Save    
Molly

Lucky you, have a great time!

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Have fun! Hope you have a lucky streak!

Save    
mary44

Have a great time! Enjoy the warm weather 😊

Save    
liasch

Ahhh...Vegas! Enjoy!

Save    
Daisy S

Now is the time to go weather wise. We lived/stationed in Vegas for four years. Have fun!

Save    
Parker Murphy

Good Morning All! We are back from Vegas . Great trip with our daughter- we are making lots of memories. We have done this for about 5 years- she accompanies us on our business trip at the World Market Center .She is married with 3 beautiful children- but we make it a trip with just the three of us- quality time . It seems weird to so many people but this is what I used to do with my parents for about 10 years. Twice I went to Hawaii with them and the rest of the years I went to Arizona with them for a week.- made for great times and memories in the latter part of my parents life. Hopefully I am not in my "latter" but we are 70 now. :0

Anyway, I digress. When we arrived home last night the picture was there. Julie- I don't like it at all over the table. Way too white for me with the table and it is cold looking . I hung it by the hutch on a nail that was there and I wouldn't mind it if there was a cute chair picking up some blues?

I like the warmer feeling of the other picture(spring cuttings) much better over the table- but definitely open to another choice. DH really likes it though.

Picture would be lowered of course.

3 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Good day Parker
Sounds like a great trip...time with our daughter is so precious!

I love that art!! Ok again leave it there for a few days...the white is beautiful and brightens up that sun room...add the large green topiary with the two jars...maybe add another item you love a bunny maybe....leave it and just let your eyes get used to it! Your Hubby is right it looks great.

2 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Also it is so whimsical and fun!

Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- he likes the other one- geraniums- not the blue one. :) I knew you would love it! :)

How about on the other side? For some reason I like it there. Maybe one size smaller?

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- can you give me more direction on trying to make it better? Too cold.
Here also shown is it on the other wall. Would need to move over 6 inches and down a little . Blue upholstery on chair?

1 Like Save    
happyleg

I think you're art above the table with perfect don't lower it

Save    
Molly

What about your new ikat fabric on the chair? I like the new picture, it brightens up the wall a bit.

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Molly- which wall do you like it on? Here's a pic with ikat. It would then match the tablecloth.

1 Like Save    
Amanda Smith

It looks great over the table. Brightens the room.

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Try the round topiary on the right side with the two ginger jars....sheep on the left...If you don’t mind can you try the white bird cage on the lower left side bottom shelf it will be nice to block that wall outlet a bit...the addition of more white I think you will like.

Save    
liasch

Hm. I tend to agree with Parker... the expanse of white is very high contrast to the wood wall paneling, stark and not very cozy. But...the white does add brightness. Don’t know if the room needs that though.

The art with the red geraniums is also more soft...just as an image... and less high contrast. I like art that has some subtle aesthetic qualities, rather than very graphic design oriented, which the tree is. Just personal preference, that’s all.

Save    
Parker Murphy

Hi Julie- went out shopping hoping to find the perfect thing but didn't. Of course I came home with a topiary- lemon. Whats with me and topiaries?! It didn't work- too much with the two together. I am hoping to figure out all the tabletops. I don't like the sheep by itself- too small. I like the grouping of the three though. Its just too cold still and hard. You know me and florals and greens. I don't care for the birdcage on bottom either.

bought a blue tin flower that I thought could work with the bird picture. I like the bird picture but it is too lonely by itself. I thought maybe the two stacked on top of each other to the right of the hutch?( not the wall where there were two nails to hang on.

stuff

Save    
Molly

What about your 2 ducks instead of the sheep? The ikat print seems too large for the seat to me. Worth a try. 🤷‍♀️

Parker Murphy

Thanks for thinking about this Molly. The ducks are cute but way too small

2 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Try the large bunny instead of the sheep....white bowl of lemons?
Lower shelf..how about a big basket filled with flowers..you love your flowers! Very country cottage...I have a big magnolia wood basket filled with white hydrangeas on my island and just love the softness it provides on my hard granite surface..

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Don’t give up!
I love all the new things you have added to the room..it has a fresh now updated look hope you will embrace it!

1 Like Save    
Karon Long

Hi Parker, welcome back! I know you are trying to make the picture work for you. Is it possible that the ginger jars and the blue/white pot in the picture aren't working together? maybe try your topiaries and move the ginger jars to the bottom shelf. You know me, I really don't know what will work together, but thought it might be worth trying. Pure white is really hard for me, it takes a lot of patience for me to even try. But I'm mellowing, I have pure white sheets on my bed now. 🤗

Parker Murphy

Hi Karon- I am really struggling with this. DH isn't embracing yet but maybe if I keep trying it will come.

I think you and I are a lot alike in our decorating. I think we have good taste but need a lot of help getting there! On another subject, I also lost my son 5 years ago. As you said, the pain never goes away. I think that's why its all the more special to go away with my daughter.

5 Likes Save    
happyleg

Bunnies & ivy together somewhere. Love the tulips.

Parker Murphy

Karon- Here's your idea- not bad if I knew what to put on top!

Julie- here's a couple more. The lower level of flowers of course makes me happy. A little big! And it's redundant but shows possibilities. What other basket of flowers?

I don't have a big white bowl but am showing a basket with pears. Very close! :)

1 Like Save    
Karon Long

Parker, I'm so sorry for your loss!! I mean that more than I can possibly put into words. You are so right, the pain never goes away.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I kinda like it with the ginger jars below and greenery on top. Maybe try happyleg's idea, ivy and bunnies on top. I also like your other picture, spring cuttings, but I will point out that Julie knows her stuff!! She is pretty talented at putting a room together!!

PRO
Flo Mangan

Oh Parker. How awful. So sorry to hear of your devastating loss. I can’t imagine. Hoping you are cherishing good times and taking care to take care of yourself too. Not suppose to be that way. I do like your last arrangement with bunny and ginger jars. Looks just right! Love the art too.

homechef59

I'll jump in. I prefer the warmer geranium picture over the table. It pairs better with the warmth of the paneling. The blue and white picture has too much white. The contrast is a little too much.

I like the topiary in the clay pots on the table top with the white basket of lemons. The clay in the pot works with the wood tone, the bright colors in the picture along with the green marry with the natural element of the topiary. That arrangement will work with both pictures. You will make nasty rings on top of the table without a saucer under the topiary.

I'm a huge fan of blue and white. But, I'm suggesting that you show some restraint in this room with this paneling. A pop of it and no more. This table wants warmth.

If you want a lot of blue and white in the room you would need to whitewash the paneling. I don't think you are prepared to go in that direction. It is something to think about.

1 Like Save    
Theresa Janssen

Parker, I am so so sorry for your loss and like Karon said, no words can express. as for the console, to me there's several ways to make it look beautiful. I absolutely love the new piece of art above it. I also love love love the lemon topiary you bought... where are you putting it? it has to have a place in the room. it could go on the big table perhaps or the console, but to me that now will need to be placed in the room first and then adjust from it, because of its size... it absolutely brings such a fresh feeling to the room. I would absolutely prioritize its place in the room over other pieces...

Save    
Parker Murphy

Thank you homechef.. I still prefer the geranium myself. I am trying hard to see if there is some arrangement that works with the white picture but have not seen it yet. Stay tuned! Thanks for chiming in.

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Parker. I’m sending hugs and the hope that you are feeling loving thoughts sent your way.

I like the last vignette and wondered if you just took the small blue and white vase away and added one white to bring a bit of white to the table.

Save    
kjoy1

I like the contrast of the white picture paired with the wood wall and table. Crisp and fresh. Makes that area stand out a tad and feel special.

Save    
Parker Murphy

Voting time!!

Seajay and Kjoy and everyone!- what picture do you prefer to be fine tuned to be a nice vignette. Neither one shown below is "it". Just trying to figure it all out.

Need votes!!

Seajay- heres the white jar added. You may be right!

Theresa , I love your enthusiasm for the lemon topiary. I really like it too but don't know where it would go. My favorite thing is my tulips. DH still loves the geranium picture.

Thank you ladies for your kind words. Loss of a child is something that never leaves you. Big hole in the heart.

4 Likes Save    
Karon Long

I am absolutely no help here!! BUT I THINK I like the flowers. The lemons are just so white. I also liked the lemons on the wall with the white chair underneath next to the hutch.

Save    
kjoy1

To me this looks pretty but redundant. Too matchy matchy 🤷‍♀️

I like this art because I like the contrast of the white and the wood and I think the size of the art is more appropriate for the console. The jars and pot are really pretty on the right but I vote no to the bunny.

Theresa Janssen

can you try your lemon topiary on the round table perhaps?

PRO
Flo Mangan

I love the lemon tree art. I think I like the round ball topiarie best with tree. Creates different textures better. Love the hydrangeas in the basket. I have that too! Love it.

PRO
Flo Mangan

Here’s mine.

Amanda Smith

I love your tv stand, Flo!

Save    
Amanda Smith

Parker, I vote for the lemon tree art with ginger jars. It’s a fresh look.

Julie Zygmontowicz

Hi Parker...I love that you put the basket filled with the hydrangeas on bottom shelf...the last arrangement looks beautiful would just switch out the topiary..to round one....with the overall space it pulls it together not separate from the sofa area with the white table and white chairs..it flows perfectly....

happyleg

I must them misted it sorry about your loss was it your grandchild I still don't see it And take care of yourself My eyes are kinda blur today And I handsome stomach pain so I missed your post lip in through it and I Didn't see it

Karon Long

That room is so comfy cozy, you can't go wrong with either picture!! I'm telling you that this group has a great eye for the details in a room. I think the ginger jars are just great pops of color/patterns that work.

MarleneM

I prefer the lemon topiary art too, and I like it with the ginger jars, and how the basket fills out the bottom shelf. Now I think I want a basket of hydrangeas too!
Sorry for your loss Parker. My parents/family went through same when an accident took a younger sister of mine. It’s wonderful that you set aside that special time with your daughter.

dsimber

Parker, my heart is breaking for you. I cannot begin to understand losing a child. Losing my dad when he was 73 changed our family forever, and we recently marked the 20th year of his death. The blessing for me has been that, with the support of family and friends and the passage of time, the good memories now dominate my thoughts. I am holding you in the Light.

dsimber

Voting time again? I almost missed it. (Not checking in most days.) I still like your geranium print best. To me, it is a much better scale with your little table, it says “garden," and it has that warm and inviting feel that is so “YOU.” I agree with your comment about the starkness of so much white in the new print. Don’t get me wrong. I love lemons. Thanks for bringing back memories of Cinque Terra. Had to grab an internet photo that reminded me of spotting lemons on the long climb up to Corniglia. Maybe you could have a bowl of lemons somewhere in your room if you decide against the print and/or the lemon topiary.

kjoy1

Parker isn’t this your vanity? Says it is an engineered top so a special cleaner is not needed.

kjoy1

Pic

liasch

Geranium, my vote. But you know that.

Anniversaries of such a loss are heart wrenching. There are no adequate words. It is what we all cannot bear to think of, as parents. Thank you for being brave enough to share. <3 <3

Seajay Sparkles

My vote with or without the rabbit

Parker Murphy

Here is the the other topiary that is round. Seems short? I think I can make it taller. Here are the other jars in case another two would be better? Also can't figure what i should look for on the other side. The bunny does't work. A much bigger white bowl with lemons? Yellow and white bowl?

Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- I can't use this basket and flowers- they go on my chest in living room. Smaller basket with what in it?

Save    
Molly

What about geraniums in the basket?

Parker Murphy

I love geraniums- seems like red would be too strong- maybe white?

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

I like both art pieces. What bothers me about the arrangement with lemon tree art is the blue and white ginger jars. They compete too much with the blue and white pot in the picture. Try the rounded topiary with white pierced jar and one more item in green or yellow. Descending heights. I have a feeling the geraniums will ultimately win out. You both love them and the size of the art is nice in your room. So either way, you will succeed!

1 Like Save    
MarleneM

Here’s a couple of ideas of tulip arrangements. I love the way the tulips are displayed in the handled basket, and wall baskets are very cottage.

Parker Murphy

Thanks Marlene. I love the mix of ferns and tulips.

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Yes a bit smaller basket for bottom shelf...and use more lime green filler if you want greens.....with white flowers.....tulip..hydrangeas...anything you love!

Julie Zygmontowicz

Have you tried the really large jar with medium and than the white one on one side and topiary on the other?

Parker Murphy

.Julie- here are pics of what you suggested. I like it better-not as busy- just don't know which grouping of jars are the winners. I really don't have a "good "white jar. I was also wondering if I should have a jar that is lighter in intensity? Taller topiary?

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Love the first photo with extra large jar..push the all white one back next to big one and add the smallest one in front.

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

If you could lower the art, it might help with proportions. When you are struggling this much it usually means it isn’t right choice. 🙃

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

I always struggle Flo!! :)

Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- this?

3 Likes Save    
Amanda Smith

I love the ginger jars in your room, Parker. So pretty and classic.

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Move the topiary to right an inch or so. Nudge other grouping just a smidge toward the middle. 🤗

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

This is it. Trust me!😉

5 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Parker that is just perfect...love it!
is the middle of your art at around 62” from floor?

Julie Zygmontowicz

I agree the art can come down a bit

Julie Zygmontowicz

I really love the darker blue mixed in with the light blue and white...so fresh...I think that is what is missing in the hutch some of that darker blue mixed in...

btydrvn

Maybe paint the topiary pot white?

Julie Zygmontowicz

Seajay! Nope you can not steal my line! 🤣🤣🤣
Ok we can share😉

Parker Murphy

Oh no Seajay! You used those words!!

I just came back from shopping- I will post one more idea! :0

I am pretty sure I had this striped jar home before but in the middle size. I am fighting a stark white jar. I looked for a bit taller lattice one today but no luck. What if i found it at another store in a medium size and pair with the big blue and the small oval?

Save    
Amanda Smith

No! What you had before was perfect. Done.

btydrvn

Went back an saw the one with the curly ear rabbit...know you’re evolving..but that one had so much personality..each piece was really special..not so much a “group” visual

btydrvn

This new one...more minimal..constructed...maybe more appropriate in your setting

Parker Murphy

Btydrvn- I love my bunny too. I went shopping today to see if I could find it bigger- but they were sold out. Don't worry, It will sit my little on one of my side tables. I like personality in the room!

1 Like Save    
niccidhg

I think you could use that bunny on the left with the topiary pot. Three on one side and 1 on the other seems like it should have 3 & 2 for a total uneven #. Also, that would carry through the white to the left side for more balance / cohesion of white objects on the table .

Julie Zygmontowicz

This is beautiful..no need for changes.

Parker Murphy

Thanks Julie- it really helped to separate the topiary from the jars.

Seajay- I trusted you!

Now onto the bottom shelf. I only went to Michaels and picked up some flowers. Tulips aren't going to work for me. I like the look of hydrangeas with ferns worked in or maybe the small white flowers with ferns? If I had hydrangeas would that be too much having them also in living room

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

All you can do is try them and see what you like best...do you have another big basket?

Parker Murphy

No, I have to buy another one. Should I buy a smaller version of my hydrangea one? I am just worried about have two hydrangea baskets. I like the hydrangeas best because adds more volume- the pretty small white flowered branches seem like they may be too much like the lemon tree?

2 Likes Save    
lisalane

Parker, what about your two bunnies on the bottom shelf?

Parker Murphy

That sure would be easier Lisa but I need some flowers to soften the area.

Save    
smh225

Parker,
I have been so inspired by your patience and positive attitude, that I have started my refresh project. Something that I wanted to do 5 years ago, but life got in the way.
I think you are making a lovely home.
You will know when it all works.

Parker Murphy

Thank you smh. Glad I inspired you! But I must warn you, once you start you can't stop!

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Good Morning ! Hope eveyone had a great week-end!

Julie- a few more comments popped up late last night. My pictures middle is at 54 inches. If it was at 62 inches it would have to be raised. I think lowering a couple inches would be better too.From top of picture to floor it measures 69 1/2 inches.

You also mentioned something was off with the hutch? Here are two pictures of what I have to return if not used in the room and things I owned in two different photos. Would anything go on other tables? I am still confused by putting a white lamp on round table and no lamp on end table. What would go with it on round table and what would go on end table?

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Morning Parker

Yes similar basket....you can have hydrangeas wherever you want...just add some greens...try to find some softer looking floppy limey colored greens to stick in with the hydrangeas..or just all white hydrangeas...

For hutch just try putting one of the frames from bottom shelf up on top shelf and add one of the dark blue and white ginger jars in the mix in lower shelf..with ginger jars they look better grouped together..so if you can put two together instead of all separated it makes a bigger impact..leave everything as is just play around with they ginger jars and frames.

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Ok so art is already low.....wow very hard to see that in photo..so just leave it as is..unless your eye wants it lowered?

1 Like Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

For round table put your lamp....Add a couple books stacked or your set of ducks near the base..bunnies? For the end table..try the small lemon topiary with one of the photo frames...

Save    
Parker Murphy

Here is a small change- I added another ginger from my surplus of jars to the bottom shelf.

Are you still loving blue birdcage? I added white plates again under, also I did get smaller clay dishes also. I like the freshness of the white.

Anything imteresting on top? I do like my frogs on bottom.:)

1 Like Save    
liasch

As far as the birdcage goes it depends on how much you want it to stand out. If it’s blue it kind of blends in a lot more and you lose some of the detail. The white makes it more of a vintage featured item. You can see the architecture of the birdcage better. On the lamps I would place them according to where you most need the light. If it were me I would have it beside the couch simply because that’s where I would use it if I were reading. I wouldn’t put anything on any other tables I think you have enough things to look at. The hutch is looking very good it doesn’t need a lot of tweaking at this point. I’m not going to say too much about the lemon tree artwork area as that really feels like a work in progress that has a way to go before being solved.

Parker Murphy

Thank you for the ideas today Julie. I want to start returning things that I am not going to use so it would be great to do the tables! :) Why do you think lamp should be on round table. It seems more reasonable on end table when we sit out there with other couples. But I will say, every morning DH sets the lamp on the round table and everyday at some point I put it on end table.

Save    
Amanda Smith

Sounds like you need an additional lamp!

1 Like Save    
liasch

It looks good on the round table. Have you asked DH why he moves it? Maybe he needs the light there for some reason.

Save    
Parker Murphy

Hi Liasch-DH reads the paper at the round table every morning while drinking coffee for 2 hours. Often in the afternoon and evening he studies the stocks at the table etc. He wants a better light there rather than relying on the lamp on end table.

So........I think I will have the lamp there and keep low profile items on the end table. The topiary looks too busy when I sit in a wicker chair and look that direction. A new pretty lamp would be nice.

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie? Seajay? I need a new lamp on round table. Cute?

White one from kids room is 26 inches. Green bee one is 29 inches

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

You have the ginger jar lamp on the chest and than across the room the lamp on round table..seems like that is a nice balance of light for that room? I love it on the round table!
Try not to do so many sets of three everywhere...the topiary and frame is nice for end table..no need for anything else..turn the frame so you see it when walking into the room with topiary behind it..you could use lemon one or your larger whisky one.

For round table just a lamp really is fine..if you want to add the yellow bowl with some candies in it that Would be cute.

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Not whisky one 🙄wispy one🤣

Save    
Parker Murphy

Thanks Julie. I do set up at the boutiques you know and I do abide by the rule of three! Hard to break the habit. I am taking the topiary back- its all bagged up. :) Looked too busy in the sight line from wicker chair. Do you think I need something taller on the end table?

Do you have any ideas for a new white lamp?

Do you like white plates under plants?

And one other questions- sorry! I have all my things bagged up and in their bags except this picture. Does it work here? Small? Seems a little small on other wall?

Save    
liasch

That explains it. I am all in favour of putting lamps where they are used… LOL. I wouldn’t think you would need another lamp on the end table unless you also sit there and read in which case…it will be a bit of a balancing act. To accommodate both you and DH.

happyleg

Nothing breakable in kids room.

Parker Murphy

My grandkids are beyond breaking. Truly it's my husband destroying our house. Speaking of kids you were wondering about my loss. It was my son. He was a wonderful son and friend to so many. I could go on with lots of accolades but, not the place.He graduated in airline mechanics in August 2001 and then the World Trade Tower collapsed in September. He must have been prone to depression but that totally sent him into a deep depression. He had his whole future planned in the airlines and travel. He ended up on Social Security Disability at the age of 23. It was so so so hard watching him suffer the next 15 years. Never worked another day. Absolutely broke my heart. He started self- medicating - it was the only time he said he could feel a little happiness. He ended up overdosing at 38. Depression is the worst!! Support NAMI.

10 Likes Save    
Amanda Smith

So sorry, Parker....there are no words....

Molly

Parker thank you for sharing your son with us. ❤️

Karon Long

Parker I am so sorry for your loss. You have been through the worst pain a parent can ever suffer. We lost our oldest daughter at the age of 18 in a single car accident, it was a week before her high school graduation. You and I are surviving the worst tragedy in a parents life. I miss her more than I can put into words.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
Julie Zygmontowicz

Oh Parker thank you for sharing..Mental illness needs to be open and up front...so many suffer from depression I have a family member that deals with it...your loss I am sure lays heavy on you at times....continuing one day at a time and embarrassing every adventure big and small is so healthy....I Love your zest for life and taking each day and making it fun and exciting..you rock Parker! Girl you pull at my Heartstrings❣️

5 Likes Save     Thanked by Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

I am with you Karon. No one can really understand unless they have lost a child. We have so many hopes for our children and dreams of the grandchildren to come and its taken away in an instant. My heart goes out to you.

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- I love spell check! And you!

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

As hard as I try it keeps messing with me!.....didn’t think I was that bad at spelling 🤪
Embracing!!

Save    
Molly

Karon thanks for sharing your story too. Such a tragedy. 💔

1 Like Save    
Amanda Smith

How tragic Karon....so sorry for your loss.

Seajay Sparkles

Parker, the strength and resilience it takes to be a mother and parents to a child is incredible. You have to wonder some times where it comes from. I’m so sorry for your tragic loss of your son. Karon, it’s heartbreaking to hear of your loss. I watched my sister try to deal with the loss of her daughter, who died as a result of falling down a flight of stairs, shortly before her cancer diagnosis. In retrospect, it feels like the loss of her daughter was far more devastating to Sis than the diagnosis. This didn’t happen directly to me but in a way, it kinda did.

On a happier note, Julie, I think “embarrassing” adventures big and small are the best kind! 😂😘😎.

mary44

Parker...thanks for sharing your son with us. I am so so sorry for your loss....I can't even imagine losing a child. I'm sure you have become a stronger person and your enthusiasm in all you do attracts us all :)

Karon thanks for sharing your story...my heart goes out to you too.

Karon Long

Thank you for your kind words everyone. seajay, my sisters truly struggled with the loss of my daughter, so I can understand your feelings/pain.

Just an FYI, we are FINALLY painting our bedroom!! Maybe things will start matching up with my new bedding!

ladma

Karin and Parker, I am so sorry you have been thru the worst. My heart breaks for you both.

liasch

Thank you for sharing, both of you. I know how difficult it is as there’s a lot of pressure in our society to keep it light. But it’s important to also keep it real… Sharing like this reminds us all not to take our lives for granted and the lives of our loved ones. To appreciate every moment even the small and sometimes tedious ones. Depression is such a difficult illness to live with and to observe. My hat is off to you Parker, for going through this and still being able to have a life.

Parker Murphy

Karon- did you use Cashmere on your white hutch? Any hints of what to do? I am just going to paint two white chairs for the porch. This is totally new for me!

Save    
Karon Long

Hi Parker, I did use Cashmere BUT we mixed a little a little Cappuccino in. I have such a hard time with pure white. I actually wish I hadn't mixed it now, Julie is teaching me well, and I wish I had done just the Cashmere.

Parker Murphy

Thanks Karon. Well that makes me nervous. I better order both too. I don't want bright white. I just painted my birdcage and its too white. Maybe the next coat I will wait til I get Heirloom Paints.

Save    
liasch

Fusion has a nice line of paint...I use that brand a lot and a good selection of vintage and soft whites. Excellent for furniture.

liasch

No priming on most surfaces. They also sell a number of special effects paints.

Save    
Parker Murphy

Thanks Liasch- I already ordered the other. Hope I can do it!!

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- I am looking for a lamp for the round table. Do any of these work? We want around 27 inches.

Would need white shade below.

2 Likes Save    
gingerrg

I know I haven't chimed in for a while, but my ears perked up at "voting". Even though everyone here is more experienced at decorating than me, I won't let that stop me - I love to vote!!

I am firmly in the lemon tree art camp. I feel like the other print is more like other art in your home. I like how the lemon tree feels bright and fresh and special. I hope you can trust Julie and Seajay on this one.

I agree with Julie that all you need is just the white lamp on the round table. Especially with how much your DH uses that space. It also makes the room look more "lived in" as opposed to just a beautiful setting. Then you can use the end table for your fun accessories.

I really like the idea of a basket of white flowers on the bottom shelf. Maybe we can play with other types, rather than repeating hydrangeas? How about daffodils (with or without the yellow centers) - they are such happy flowers. Scabiosa are rounded white flowers, but may be too small. White petunias could maybe be fun.

Thanks for being kind enough to let us vote.

2 Likes Save    
Karon Long

Hi Parker, if you ordered paint directly from Heirloom your order may take some time to arrive. My daughter ordered from them and it took at least 3 weeks maybe more. She just painted her kitchen cabinets and they turned out really nice. Just know that your first coat will look pretty bad, then the second coat looks a lot better. Also clean the chairs well with the deglosser. I think it will look wonderful when completed. BTW I love the lamp with the flowers on the bottom, both are very pretty, but the flowers seem like you. 🙂

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Good Morning Ginger.

- I do like the lemon tree now in this room better than the geranium one. I finally see what Julie was trying to accomplish. I have white on hutch, white chairs and lamp in the corner, white coffee table AND white lamp on little chest. It only makes sense to have the white picture I am a little slow.

-Yes, and it makes sense to have white lamp on table since DH seems to live there and always would move the lamp there!

- I painted the birdcage white and still am open to changes

Finally- I didn't do what you said- I used hydrangeas. For now. :)

I tried tulips and they weren't working.I didn't see any other flowers that looked good at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I too am worried about hydrangeas but they work best. I could return most of the hydrangeas and the ferns- still have the price tags on!

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Hi Karon-Yes I ordered from Heirloom. Got 35% off so it made me feel better. Thanks for the warning that the first coat didn't look good,. I would be freaking out! What do you call a first coat? Paint and stipple? And second coat is paint and stipple? I should watch the whole video!

1 Like Save    
Karon Long

I just worked with the paint to do my best to make it smooth. With doing a chair I think you will have to get the paint in the crevices and then smooth it out on the front and back. I would definitely watch the video. I don't remember what I used and when, on the hutch we used our small sprayer, we did that on my parents bookcase too. We did our vanity by hand and used the paint brush and roller.

Julie Zygmontowicz

Good Morning Parker ☕️

Sorry haven’t been on Houzz much...sick all week..double ear infection and sinus infection too...feeling a bit better today...the pressure and headache has been rough...bulging eardrum has been very uncomfortable...

So happy it is all coming together and you are all in on the white art! For the white lamp I eoukd look for something a bit more cottage if possible...I will post a few for you...

Parker Murphy

Oh Julie- sorry you were sick! No vertigo though? Hope you are on the end of it. I noticed you weren't around much but I was hoping you were out having fun- shopping and eating out with friends. You are a free woman!

We both got our second dose this week. No reaction at all! My daughter and SIL had no reaction at all either. I can't wait til I don't have to wear masks around my grandchildren! We baked again this week - such a pain to wear mask in the car with them ( I dive a half hour to pick up and then half hour to bring back)and while baking and playing games. Two more weeks! I will still wear out in public though.:)

Thanks for looking for lamps. The ones I posted didn't quite feel right but I couldn't find any other possibilities.

- any other changes for hutch/ White plates?

- Flower arrangement under table? OK?

You know I need approval! :) They know that at the boutiques. It's almost a joke now that I need a pat on the back after I make a good display- no matter how small. Now I am even getting a pat on each shoulder when I really shine!

And remember, I am very willing to change anything! :) I eat up criticism.

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Karon- You re-arranged the hutch again! I like it- especially tray on bottom. Good job!

How is the painting going in the bedroom?

Save    
Karon Long

We have 2 more walls!! We get tired easy, and Mike does the cut in, but he is shakey so its not as professional as he use to do. Actually he keeps saying over and over and over this was so much easier 10 years ago. But at least he is willing to try!! Thanks for asking.

liasch

The vignette with the lemon tree painting now looks perfect and I love the hydrangeas there so maybe you can leave them and change the other ones if you think it’s too many. Where are the other ones? Also the white birdcage… I’m really glad you decided to go with white it just looks so much better. I’m glad you had so much help with the lemon tree area because I could never have sorted through that one! That’s the kind of situation we’re having a professional on board is really helpful.Now that it’s finished I also like it better than the geranium art set up you had before. Nice and crisp and fresh. For lamps... I don’t know I feel like it would be nice to have something that was a little bit more vintage? The flower one is nice.

Save    
liasch

I think some of these are actually on Houzz.

kjoy1

Get well soon HIWE. Those darn sinus infections!

Parker Murphy

Good Morning Houzz! Question about the basket of flowers under lemon picture. I bought a new basket and filled with hydrangeas- again! I am thinking I shouldn't have two baskets of hydrangeas- though I love them the best. A friend gave me some stems yesterday that I tried. The picture shown isn't the final draft but wondering if I should pursue? I also bought some peonies that would be the same concept of my hydrangeas. Should I do them instead? I don't want to cut them up til I make final decision. Thank you thank you!

Liasch- thanks for your comments. It made me feel better that you came around to the lemon tree too. I always appreciate your honesty. I was worried about it too, but as you said it helps to have Julie too weighing in- and every one of my Houzz friends!!

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Here are the peonies I bought. I wouldn’t be using the leaves -I’d be putting in ferns. Thoughts?

1 Like Save    
gingerrg

Okay, I'll give it a go: I think the peonies could give the same effect as the hydrangea, so I'd be willing to try that. I also really like the uniqueness of the friend flowers: they are sorta free-style, like you picked them from the garden, and not so much like an arrangement. I like that, but not sure if you do?

I think the reason I like them is even though you have white flowers in other spots, these are not at all similar. Also, the organic-ness plays off the lovely, more controlled scenario on top. But maybe that's the very reason you shouldn't have them? Can't wait to see what others (who know better) say!!

Parker Murphy

Thank you Ginger. I agree totally with what you said. My only problem with the friend flowers is that it almost seems busier. I was wondering if I put more greens in there if that would look better?

Save    
lisalane

Ginger! Just saw you on Parker’s thread! What is happening at your house?

PRO
Flo Mangan

Morning Parker. Those are cool flowers. I think they would work great in your basket. Maybe mix some hydrangeas in. I would incorporate some of both flowers natural leafs as it makes the look more authentic. Plus, lacy fern won’t stand up to the shape and density of the flower. Ginger! Look at you. Great post.

Parker Murphy

Thanks Flo. The leaves in the flowers are really dark- I wanted lighter green so I used ferns . Much happier color. We are all about happy!
The ferns stand up well. I didn’t understand what you meant.

Save    
beadsnsew

Ditto what ginger said😊

liasch

I think these look great...like the loose informal look, as Ginger said.

1 Like Save    
liasch

These feel too tight.

MarleneM

Hi Parker, I like those bell shaped flowers but it does look busy. I second what Flo said, adding more greens. When I make an arrangement, and I’m not a professional by any means, but I like to fill with greener first, then add in flowers until I feel it looks right. Heres a couple of photos with mixture of greens and white flowers. I know they’re wall baskets again, but only pics I found that don’t look like funeral flowers.

kjoy1

What about a basket with something other than flowers. Like quilts, blankets, extra pillows, etc 🤷‍♀️

Parker Murphy

Is this better?

3 Likes Save    
happyleg

Lovely! <3

Save    
Parker Murphy

Thank you happyleg!

Marlene- I put the greens in first. :)

Flo- does this mix look better- I tried mixing hydrangeas and bell-like flowers

1 Like Save    
glschisler

The bouquet of the two white flowers & fern is very pretty!

MarleneM

Yeah Parker! Looks lovely.

PRO
JAN MOYER

" Is this better?" ....No.

You can't resist diluting your own "story".

If you can not bear an EMPTY surface, a negative space? Load the bottom shelf with FIVE pieces of blue/white. Remove from the table top

Find a large SINGLE blue /white bowl, and load it up with lemons. Good fakes in this case. Center it top shelf. Set the bunny on top right, after you center THE BOWL.

THE FLORAL BASKET - If you must have a basket of "something" below? Low ferns only, and no need for the bunny at all. No flowers, no nothing, but green ferns and low

Let the story be the story. Pick one of those ideas..........ONE.: )

Easier yet? Simply EMPTY the low shelf. ........It needs nothing. Can't bear that either?

Green makes blue vibrant Plop one or two EMPTY green baskets below. then STOP.

liasch

Bottom shelf feels too crowded...whole vignette is now very busy. :(.

I think basket is too big for that area...it takes away from simplicity of top.

I like Jan's idea of bowl and lemons, but your top vignette works. Bottom shelf, I don't know about flowers. Or a different item, like someone suggested, a folded throw or two.

Save    
Parker Murphy

Jan Moyer-Good Morning! Here are two more attempts employing your thoughts. I absolutely can't leave an empty shelf- looks cold and naked- and the wood is so cheap looking. Almost looks like a sheet of plywood stained. I had bought a bowl this week to hold lemons- don't have enough lemons yet. Is there something I could put with the lemons on bottom shelf. I don't have a green basket to try.

Save    
Karon Long

Hi Parker, I like the greens on the lower shelf, but the basket seems kinda dark. Can you look for a lighter basket? I had trouble with my navy blue bookcase, I finally found a lighter one that stood out more, then I used fake spider plants. For some reason I am not a fan of fake fruit, maybe I have never seen quality fruit. I know you will figure out what is pleasing to the eye, you are good at this trust your judgment!! I attached a picture of my bookcase (again) mine is still a work in progress.

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Morning Karon. Thanks for weighing in. That may be a good idea of going lighter in color and as long as I would be looking- maybe a little smaller? I really like the softness it adds. My basket with white flowers looks better in person but maybe if smaller and lighter in color it would be more accepted? :)

1 Like Save    
Karon Long

I really like your flowers, they are so you. Again, just like the top, keep playing with it and you will find the magic. I had no vision for the top of your table, picture, ginger jars, etc. and look at it now PERFECT!!

Molly

Good morning Parker. Someone I follow on IG posted this picture, it’s for sale, but it’s probably on the more expensive side so I’m just posting for inspiration since I thought it was so pretty. If you want more details I can ask about it.

gingerrg

Please excuse me for this, Parker, but I'm so happy to hear from my friends Lisalane and Flo. I posted this morning. If you'd like to look. :)

gingerrg

And thanks for your comment on my post, Parker. I don't know how to repeat the picture of the bright pillows Theresa posted, but they aren't very much higher up than the last post. Sorry. :(

Parker Murphy

I found this basket downstairs- a little lighter but too tall. I tried it on the side with a bunny.

I like this.

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I’m not seeing full picture for some odd reason. I think Jan is right. Too busy on bottom shelf with flowers and bunny. FYI. I have porcelain lemons in a bowl. Threshold at Target if I recall correctly.

3 Likes Save    
gingerrg

I do like the lighter basket. It more or less repeats the yellow lemons in the picture. Seajay, your lemons look really authentic!!

Save    
Molly

I can’t see the bottom either Seajay. 🤷‍♀️

Save    
Parker Murphy

Seajay and Molly- here they are again. Can you see the bottom?

Save    
lisalane

Parker, I like your original basket with the ferns. No bunny - just the basket with ferns. Keeps the eye focused on the top shelf and picture while filling the bottom space with something calm and simple.

Molly

I can see the top one only. 🧐. How would the bunny look on the floor next to the table on the door side?

kjoy1

I can’t see the bottom half of pics either 🤷‍♀️

Karon Long

I like the ferns too, the lighter basket is just to tall. Again, amateur here, but I agree with having just the plant...love the bunny...but it makes it too crowded. Maybe a longer lower basket would work.

Seajay Sparkles

What lisalane said. Just a basket with ferns centered on bottom. STOP 🤣😂😎.

1 Like Save    
btydrvn

An added plus..the centered basket covers the outlet on the wall...and i love the bunny on the floor..sort of hiding/ guarding the display

1 Like Save    
btydrvn

I like the shape and color of the bottom one..since there is so much to look at here it doesn’t draw the eye too much ..the way the lighter one does

lisalane

Last pic is perfect.
I can see full pictures on my desktop but bottom is cut off when using the app on my ipad. Just another strange Houzz phenomenon

Karon Long

I like the last one too. It's the darker one....so much for my brilliant idea! The bunny on the floor is cute, he's waiting for you to turn your back so he can nibble on the ferns. What do you think Parker?

PRO
JAN MOYER

LAST PIC ......BOOST the ferns up IN THE BASKET with a few piles of magazines.......a. Lose the white jar for another blue and white. ( Dont weaken the story, the picture has enough white ) )

then please dear GOD.........STOP : ) IT IS DONE.

Save    
Parker Murphy

I like the look Karon- and the image of the bunny eating the ferns. We have so many bunnies eating our bushes. Thanks for the idea of putting bunny on the floor Molly.

I am running out to look if I can find a lower basket.

I am stating on end table next! I think I want the new amp there- yet to be found. I like seeing a pretty grouping when I walk into the room- straight ahead. Some books and a plant bores me. :) Need a pretty lamp. Very grey and rainy day here in Minnesota.

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Just cause my OCD requires it, when you get a chance, gather the fern stems together and place in basket so it looks a little more natural. 😘

3 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Thanks for weighing in Jan. Yes, I need to raise the ferns- they are hanging on the edge to keep them up.

Can you look at my end table pictures above as long as you are weighing in? We were going to put a new white lamp on the round table with chairs painted white but I think I like having it on the end table. We've always had a lamp on the end table but my husband uses the round table a lot and moves the lamp over to the round- which we are totally accustomed to doing. I am willing to keep doing that.

I don't understand what my story is?

Save    
Parker Murphy

Seajay- genius- so much better! OCD works. have a huge one on a stand downstairs- titch big! LOL

I banded my 4 ferns together- still small? I have paper stuffed in basket to bring up higher. Paper shows. Would a fifth help? And I'm not talking liquor- but I am close. :)

2 Likes Save    
gingerrg

Parker, I hope you don't mind if I mention that your first inclination seems to be to keep some things the same (lamp moving from end table to round table, for ex). I think I remember the same thing in the bathroom - something about the top of the toilet? Or having your creams on top of the vanity instead of inside the new drawers, because that's what you'd always done (?)

I think your idea about keeping the lamp on the end table is the same thing. Look at your pictures again. That round table corner is just begging for some height. And since that is where your husband uses it, take advantage of this opportunity and try a new lamp placement.

If you don't like the end table as is, let's brainstorm how to make that better - without a lamp.

Parker Murphy

You're no fun Ginger! :) It has to be something great on end table to make me happy! LOL

Going shopping!

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- sorry you are still sick with your sinus and ears. Hope you are feeling better today! We miss you!!

1 Like Save    
PRO
JAN MOYER

YOUR last PIC WITH LARGE FERN. DONE. STOP

( Other than trade the white jar for a blue and white )

liasch

Ferns on bottom much better. Yes I am having issues seeing the whole photo unless you post two. But I’m on my phone. Let me check my iPad.

liasch

Same problem. I can’t see the whole photograph oh well. The larger fern basket looks a little bit too stuffed in there to my eye... but I can’t quite see the whole photo so it’s hard to judge. I Think I like the other basket better.

Parker Murphy

I went looking for a good size basket or a better /bigger fern- I felt the one was too big and the 4 fern picks a little small. Here are the 4 picks in another basket- way too small but i do like the idea of a fern in a basket.

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Hey Parker

Feeling so much better and on Friday evening had a big surprise at my front door! My daughter and son in law surprised us for the weekend !! Shocked! And it just boosted my energy...just about fell to the ground it has been over 16 months so it was much needed!

Well you have been busy🤗

Of course I am going to pipe in and say.....oh heck no on all the plastic fern! Can you just purchase a fresh real one? If not I say it needs flowers...why not tons of white tulips? And just a bit of filler.

Any other lamp shopping?

Julie Zygmontowicz

I love the white jar and I think the lamp needs to be on the round table...put your rabbits or ducks on the end table...not sure why you don’t like that lamp on the round table? You could even try a birdcage in the end table.

Parker Murphy

So happy Julie!! I was worried you were sick all week-end. What great news!! I can see you getting pretty emotional and falling to the floor. What a surprise.

Oh no- no fern? I was starting to understand that I need something simpler. I could get a real fern but they get messy and dead.I just brought back the white tulips today - they were too small and too cheap looking. I worried about tulips because they are so springy. How about a beautiful silk fern? I have been looking on line but they have a lot of plastic too.But I know I could find one.

I Definitely am keeping white jar- sorry Jan- and am keeping white lamp on table. Ginger got on me. I don't do change well. And no, I haven't found one.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Maybe just continue with the ginger jars on the bottom shelf 🤷‍♀️ I also brought over some of that coral/pink/peach color that I think you have in the room. If you don’t have that color disregard. I saw a large white ginger jar at bbb for a reasonable price the last time I was there.

kjoy1

Basket/Pillows/Quilts. Just throwing out ideas 😊

Parker Murphy

You are so talented kjoy.. Pretty soon you can put pro by your name. I kind of like the basket with quilts or throws. I still am leaning towards the fern or greens of some sort. I never really knew of the blue ginger jars- I feel if I have that many it will feel like I have a display like a store. I want some warmth on/under that table. Once Julie suggested a basket of flowers under I was in! Its hard to go back!

Thank you!!

3 Likes Save    
gingerrg

Oh, Parker, can we please try not to put flowers/ferns? It's so refreshing to have something new. Can we try a few things and let them sit for a while, so you can see how you really feel about them? I like both of kjoy's pictures. I'm sure you have extra pillows you can try in a basket. And I agree with you about kjoy - she may be a genius!

Parker Murphy

Here is throw and pillow in big basket. Not loving it but of course it's not the right combination. I still like the ferns. I am going out again to look for better size basket and ferns. Wish me luck.

Are the pictures showing lower part? Hope yesterdays problem is fixed!

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

I found a birdcage in my bedroom! I really like it! We absolutely love birds- and have had two parakeets that were like our babies. I went to half price books yesterday Flo- and picked up a couple garden books and bird watching books. We want to have some binoculars handy on the porch- even if we put on lower shelf- so we can check out our visitors. We provide food, drink and heated birdbath to welcome them. It's another grey day today!

I think a plant similar as shown would look nice in the birdcage and maybe something else on table? The wood surface looks like a place mat or something would look nice?

Other things I have

Save    
ladma

I like the white bird cage, the last pic, with books and binoculars is too crowded. There’s no place to put your cup of tea, or another beverage of your choice.

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hi Parker

love the white metal birdcage...maybe the books stacked on the coffee table with the binoculars set on top and set inside the basket tray...and put plant to the other side not in the basket...

Parker Murphy

I got too excited. I bought two bunches and a longer lower basket but its too much. But..........how about the other basket with one? DH thought they were real- lot of variation in color and NOT PLASTIC JULIE!

The basket below-new try- can be bought less wide but also would be shorter or I can use one above

1 Like Save    
mary44

Hi Parker...I like this look :)

mary44

this one

Parker Murphy

Me too Mary!

Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- here is what you suggested plus others, Ducks definitely making it crowded but they are cute! I am going to go work at boutique til 9.

Glad you liked the birdcage!! I love the potential- still have to make it look its best!

Did you notice another lamp in pictures? I picked up one at Kirklands this morning. I never was sure of the gold band but kirklands is a stronger blue and really don't want that.

1 Like Save    
dsimber

Hi Parker! I’ve been”just following” in recent weeks, but I’ve made some progress on preparing for my move, so I’m treating myself to a comment today. I like a birdcage on the end table and the new vignettes on the coffee table. The middle one might be my favorite. Love the scale of that bowl. I really like what you currently have on your upper shelf, and either of these choices on the lower shelf:

I may or may not be recalling correctly...was it Ginger who suggested the bunny near this table instead of the shelf? Just right!

And welcome back, Julie! Good to know you are feeling better. Exciting to learn of your surprise visit!

liasch

Yes to new basket with fern. Another bird cage??? One per room is lots. I like the lantern with flowers. But what about very little on that side table...or something practical like a stack of books, candy dish, flickering led candle for atmosphere at night on a nice pedestal holder.

liasch

Candles...:).

Linda

dsimber, amazing how we all miss Julie when she's not around! So happy she's feeling better and the timing of her daughter's visit - what a blessing! Parker, The basket looks good both ways, but I really like it filled with the soft goods! I feel the fern look is so out dated.

Parker Murphy

Hi Dsimber !! Good to hear from you. Hope everything is going good. You are so organized and thoughtful of what you want. Its going to be so fun watching your house become your home.

Thanks for weighing in. So happy you like the choices so far. You know me. I want everyone liking it! Molly was the one who suggested the bunny. So cute.

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Hi Liasch. I agree, I can't have a birdcage in the bedroom if I have one on the porch. I will only have one on the porch. I can't have a near empty table Liasch! I want something interesting to look at when you enter the room. The lamp on the round table is going to be on its own - that even scares me!

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Good Morning! Still trying out arrangements. I like the green thing too on the table because it has more color and gives some height. Better than birdcage? Birdcage arrangement still needs some work. Maybe paint green?

1 Like Save    
gingerrg

Parker, watching all the choices is so much fun. Only one question: Has Seajay eaten the chocolates in that lovely pale yellow bowl? :)) (sorry, Seajay, just kidding!)

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Seajay has eaten every one!

Ok, I admit it. I ate some too.

2 Likes Save    
Amanda Smith

Good morning, Parker. I agree that the ferns look so outdated.

Parker Murphy

Hi Amanda. I don't know how a plant can be outdated. I think if I were a quilter and had a pile of quilts it would be nice, but I don't. Wish I did sew.

1 Like Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Hi Parker
I would add a large candle inside of the white metal birdcage..could be battery candle with remote....or empty...no need to feel like it needs to be filled? And just add one of your real plants next to it...no set of three is necessary.

No fake ferns pretty please...you could fill it with flowered branches too....
I don’t mind the pillow or throw blanket...still love basket of flowers...white and yellow tulips?

Not crazy about that green sphere thing..maybe paint it white?

Amanda Smith

Ditto to what Julie said.

Parker Murphy

You ladies are no fun! I need some chocolate!

What exactly would you put in basket? Maybe I could buy a blue and white comforter?

When I did the greens and flowers I felt people were saying they were soooo beautiful it was distracting to the grouping on top. Well they didn't quite say that , but close. :)

Julie-Which flower arrangement did you like best ? I really liked the fern. Simple.

I love my green thing but can let it go. I can't leave my cage empty. I need color. My goal isn't too embrace everything white- I still want warmth, very much so.

Here is a green candle on a inverted cup to see how a candle on a stand would work. The bottom of cage is not pretty- lot of brush strokes. Should I repaint or put something in there?

3 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- did you look at the two lamps. Thanks! Are your ear infection and sinus problems gone. Daughters can be an amazing cure!

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I was getting ready to comment on being falsely accused of a wicked conspiracy to steal chocolates. Well, saved by the phone 😉😎. Coffee table is perfect in last picture. I like the candle in the birdcage with the small plant on the end table. Needs a bigger candle with more presence. I know Julie wants you to be happy so if you want ferns, then do your ferns on the lower shelf. I agree that I don’t think plants go out of style. Shoot, ferns have been used in decor since before Victorian times and looked fabulous I might add. So count me in your column. If you are still deciding on lamps, I think the darker blue is not a good fit. I favor the larger lamp

2 Likes Save    
Amanda Smith

I think (unfortunately) plants do go in and out of style. For example, Mother-in-law’s tongue is still in right now, I believe, and ivy’s out. Crazy, right?

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

There’s some truth to that Amanda. I remember when spider plants were everywhere.

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Busy ,fun day! Went and had my nails done, had my eyebrows ripped off, and went out to lunch. And then went shopping. Found exactly what I was looking for in a quilt to try and picked up some pillows to put in basket. I brought the tablecloth in to be hemmed and received notice the paint for the chairs is on its way.

This is for you Kjoy and Ginger!

3 Likes Save    
liasch

Well as usual I am completely out of sync with everybody else. I love the green thing whatever it is and I am not at all chuffed about the birdcage. I think it’s too big and it conceals what’s on it and I like the birdcage on the shelves in the hutch. And as mentioned you don’t need to birdcages in one room. As far as plants being dated... I have a definite bias so I should likely stay quiet but IMO plants are timeless. Maybe the way they are framed up can be dated as in the type of container or the way they are displayed. But plants? In and of themselves, or of the natural world and by definition are not dated.

4 Likes Save    
liasch

I have to say I do like those blue pillows in the basket however, just because I love pillows and it provides a variety in the room as you already have a lot of plants and greenery.

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Parker love everyone of those blue pillows! Please use them all on the sofa...so pretty very new and fresh look!
Can’t see the basket under the sofa table all the images are cut off ??

1 Like Save    
Linda

Julie, if you click on each image I think you will be able to view the basket and contents! I need to explain my comment "fern is outdated" - real plants are never outdated although I do agree with Amanda that individual plants come and go in popularity. What I meant was the fake fern in basket/filler on a bottom shelf looks outdated. Still I'm not clear - in head YES, but maybe not the words!

3 Likes Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

Julie, I am having that same problem with the photos cut off. I wasn’t having it the other day when everyone else did, but I’m assuming this is what they had!
I can actually see more of the photo before I click on it to enlarge.

Seajay, I was just thinking recently about getting a spider plant. Many years ago I had one that was so old and large and giant babies hanging from it. It was so beautiful!
And I love the variation in leaf color. Honestly I’m over all the solid green plants of recent hype. I need some leaf variety!
I’m gonna bring it back to popularity! 😂

liasch

Yes...my photos also cut off. Weird as it isn’t happening on other threads...😞

Just noticed that’s a quilt, in first shot. I like that in basket even better than pillows. Suggests cozy relaxing snuggled up in garden room, on a rainy afternoon.

That’s my fave choice, and pillows added on couch.

Parker Murphy

Here are photos again! I focused more on lower part.

This needs to be smooshed better. :)

2 Likes Save    
Amanda Smith

Looking great, Parker!

poollivingthedreamnow

Parker, I’m always so impressed that you find the perfect items when you go go looking. Where do you shop?! I can shop all day and go home empty handed.

Save    
Molly

Me too Pool!

Save    
Parker Murphy

I am a woman possessed Pool. Once I have something I want/need- I keep on shopping til I find. I have gone to three Home Goods in one day.Two Hobby Lobby often in a day My normal haunts are Kirklands, Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, and Target and sometimes At Home, .Today I found all those pillows at Target. I was on a hunt for a blue and white quilt and couldn't find anywhere but I forced myself to go to Kohls and darned if it wasn't there. Its just what I imagined what I wanted and I got for $40 - clearance and coupons! Such fun! I may not use it but I got satisfaction finding it- thrill of the hunt.

4 Likes Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

My knees hurt just reading about your shopping! Lol. You are a beast! That quilt does look kinda perfect!

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

But what to do with quilt? In basket?

Save    
Molly

Can you just lay it folded on the bottom shelf?

Save    
PRO
JAN MOYER

Yet another pattern in a room needing no more. : ) What was wrong with the fern? Nothing. Not One Thing.

One wonders........ are "we" shopping to furnish and accessorize ? Or furnishing and accessorizing to SHOP. .

1 Like Save    
zazfuzzroc

I love the hunt too Parker, good score on the quilt!! 😊

Save    
Parker Murphy

Good Morning! Here is the quilt folded on bottom Molly - it doesn't work but worth a try.

I still like the fern- so does DH. It still may be the winner.

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Jan Moyer- Good Morning. If you haven't figured me out yet, I try everything suggested. I won't name all the examples, but many times I think I have found what I have thought is "perfect' ( your hated word) and people suggest other things and I try them and I like it better. Sometimes I don't but you never know.. Have to try! At this moment still like the fern best. :)

1 Like Save    
Lil’ So-So

Haha, Jan, I love your picture! No eating, no sleeping, just interior design. :)

Save    
Lil’ So-So

And I like the fern better, too. The quilt itself looks nice, but it’s too flat and orderly with the dresser. The fern is perfect! It gives the perfect amount of dimension.

Save    
Parker Murphy

Trust me Lil' So-So, I find time to eat!!

Thanks for liking the fern!

I took down the green wreath I had over the wicker chair so i wouldn't have too many greens

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

While the quilt is pretty, I don't really get it. If it was a blanket or throw in a basket it would have a purpose to me, but who bundles up in a quilt? Pillows in a basket are also odd to me. They are more display than more urns, etc. At least more urns would look like a collection. Just my opinion!

I don't mind the ferns, fake or not. I don't think anyone will get close enough plus I don't know why your other plants/flowers can be fake but the fern can't? fake is fake if you ask me! lol

IWhat about some cute garden tools, gloves, and books down there.

lisalane

Another vote for the fern! The quilt and pillows look nice but would you use them? If not, seems a bit excessive.

Are you taking your pictures in portrait mode rather than landscape? I’m wondering if Houzz is forcing pictures into a certain aspect ratio that cuts off portions of pics taken in portrait mode.

poollivingthedreamnow

For me the photos are cut off when using the app on my phone. They look normal on the website.

Julie Zygmontowicz

Good Morning Parker☕️
Had to laugh at Jan’s comments we are obsessed with fun shopping and trying new items and she is just obsessed with you!
Still no on fake fern for me it just looks old👵
A small throw but no on big quilt or pillows...
Still love the idea of flowers or flower branches...preserved eucalyptus..preserved hydrangeas...
You could even just do a collection of baskets if you don’t want more flowers or greens..
But that fern 😳

Have you added the new pillows onto the sofa? I can’t wait to see them mixed with your floral pillows.
No on the smaller lamp..did not realize the base was so much smaller..the other bird look great...I love the touch of gold on the bottom.

2 Likes Save    
lisalane

Same here Pool with the pics. The app is not handling pictures well....

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

We agree on no ferns Julie. 🥳. I like the throws in the basket. Seems like a good grounding element to busy room.

kjoy1

Honestly I think everything looks cute. The fern is simple. The quilts and pillows are so pretty and the perfect color blue. I have baskets full of blankets and pillows all over my house because lets face it I have a pillow addiction and they make me smile 😊 so anything you choose will be just right. I too was probably in the fern looks outdated camp but I just finished watching Leanne and Steve Ford design show on discovery plus and they used ferns in almost all of their reveals. So you heard it here first...the fern is on the comeback baby 😉

Karon Long

I'm afraid to express, an opinion mainly because I kinda like all of them!! In other words I am easily pleased. But I wondered about a decorative box, one that you could store gardening gloves, knee pads, etc. in.

PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Kjoy Leanne Ford is my fav!! What episode? I am sure they where real? Not artificial but correct me on that one if needed. Did you all watch Rock the Block? So fun..I fell in love with Nate and Jeremiah Burke’s house! Beautiful it sold so fast...I thought for sure they would of won.

kjoy1

For sure they were real HIWE. I haven’t watched rock the block. I will put it on my list! I just started Nate and Jeremiah by design show this week. Love them. They tend to lean toward neutral colors with lots of texture and I think they like French country. So right up my alley 😊

Julie Zygmontowicz

Kjoy you will love the show...it was this most recent season..season 2...if the ferns are real I am all for it...
Parker I love Asparagus fern too...it is fluffy and airy and a lighter green..

MarleneM

I ki

Save    
Parker Murphy

Now you and Flo are in kahoots. No fern? I thought you were on my side before Flo. My peeps are turning on me.

Only my buddy Jan is on my side.Even you kjoy- flipped and said the ferns were real!

Karon, I still think you and I are a lot alike. I like most everything. I thought every arrangement I did was pure genius! :) LOL I like the ferns and I liked a couple pillows in basket.

What should I put on coffee table? I am going to get a big candle for birdcage and I am very happy with that table.

I already have the smaller lamp bagged up to go so no worries there. I listen sometimes!

Julie-Did you find any lamps? Paint came for the chairs today ( it came fast Karon!) and I can pick up Tablecloth Monday.

there would be no bunny

Save    
MarleneM

I kinda like all too. All your rooms look warm and inviting Parker, and I admire your energy and warmth which shows in your home.

poollivingthedreamnow

We all love your rooms and decor, Parker! But when you are the one striving for perfection you're gonna hear some "no's" haha

I think the round table needs a coffee cup and small plate with a scone or something on it for staging lol :) Oh! Maybe one of those soft boiled egg cup things! :)

gingerrg

I've been trying not to write in because I love blue so much, and I wasn't sure I could be objective. But now I think I can: I love the blue pillows (obviously!) but don't like them all across the green sofa. I like the fern 3x more than the flowers.

I agree the quilt is beautiful but too big. I am biased here too, but I loved the 3 small quilts folded atop each other on the bottom shelf. So that last comment probably shouldn't count.

kjoy1

Love the pillows! I remember seeing that asparagus fern last year when I was shopping for a plant for my mudroom. It was a pretty color almost lime. I think I missed why you don’t want a real plant? You seem like you would be a good mom/grandma to it 😉

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Save    
Parker Murphy

Kjoy- I was hesitant for a real plant because ferns can shed so much and death is a high probability! Under a table with not much light? I will go check out an asparagus fern though and see what florist says. i would try to be a good mom to it and sing to it.

I am out right now with my granddaughter at the nail salon. She is 15 and going to a sleepover Saturday night. They have to wear a formal and I thought it would be fun to get her nails done. So fun for girls - young ladies- to get gussied up.

5 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Julie- I will try one more time to do a basket. I must be picking the wrong stems. will stop at stores in the way home after track meet.

Thanks for looking for lamps! I liked the top left one the best. Where did you find please? The other two are ok too. Is the clear one kjoys from the entrance?

I will try pillows when I get home later.

Save    
liasch

I have to agree that real ferns are extremely messy. I like them but I keep my fern in the front room with the rest of the plants in my art studio. Particularly right there by the entranceway you would just get fern bits tracked everywhere.

Parker Murphy

Here are the pillows Julie- too much for my poor little couch. What I see when I look into the room is that I am heavy on blue on the right side and back wall and my two chairs look out of place- no blue on that wall? I do have room for a picture on that wall

Something on wall below?

Better with 3 pillows?

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Parker, you are something! I can’t get over your energy and determination and good focus on what pleases you. Good work.

1 Like Save    
Amanda Smith

Maybe put 2 blue lumbar pillows on the chairs?

Save    
PRO
JAN MOYER

The best designers know when to stop. More is not "more" . The best accessories come from your life within a home and reflect that life within it. . You can't really fake life. You CAN of course, shop until you drop and fill it with the carefully staged version. A wise eye knows the difference.

Even a kid knows if you actually use and enjoy a kitchen...... if the bread and lemons are faux or the real thing. You know if you've read the books, played the music, and aren't afraid to toss the throw you cuddle with nightly over the arm of a favorite reading chair.

I am not obsessed with the thread. I'm trying to get you to stop shopping and start "living "" .

My GAWD.

The throw looks dumb, ruins the intent of the staged blue and white. Ruins the "story". The only goal for the shelf, was to hide a crummy surface. To even acknowledge the outdoors. II hate fake, but if you are up to the droppings? Put a REAL fern under there and a watering can near it. Jeesh.They're cheap enough to toss if it croaks

Parker Murphy

Now you failed me on the fern Jan! Now 3 out of 3 pros have nixed it. I will get a real one tomorrow and give it a try. I like idea of watering can or sprayer next to it to mist her.

I know the throw isn't right but was trying everything. You said I didn't need another pattern in the mix but mixed patterns don't throw me. I love florals, checks, and stripes.

Glad you joined in again Jan. You always challenge me to think. But don't worry, we are surrounded by things we love and love to do. Our home makes us happy

6 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Here you go Parker

Really bad weather here...hiding in our theater room..tornado warning all over the place!🌪⛈💨

happyleg

Oh no keep safe.

brenda880

We put pot lights in our kitchen redo and I love them! They’re pretty easy to install but I had someone do them. Just make sure to install lots of new switches so you can choose which ones you want on. you could also do strip lights or something similar under the cupboard to brighten things up. I would ditch the curtains to bring in as much light as possible. You might use lighter brass or silver knobs on the cupboards so the6 don’t stand out so much and let the countertop be the star.

Parker Murphy

Good Morning Julie? How did you fare last night? Hope no damage was done. Have you started your gardening?

Should I order that lamp or should I wait a bit? Was that one your favorite? :) I was worried now that it somewhat mimics the birdcage- heavy on the bottom?

Thanks -as always- for your help!

1 Like Save    
Amanda Smith

Brenda880, the kitchen was finished a while ago. We are now working on the porch.

1 Like Save    
liasch

I have to say I don’t care for any of those white lamps they all look very heavy to me. What about something a little bit more slender? More like that green lamp that I persist in really liking? Lol...good comment Jan... in your usual inimitable style! I am a big fan of shop your own house (or your neighbours and families houses...haha) and meaningful decor.

Save    
happyleg

Hi Parker I ran across this and I thought of UK she would like to get it it said Lake side collection

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

Went out to have lunch with a friend- never had time to eat- but I did buy a fern. Its a kangaroo fern- doesn't look near as messy as the Boston. Maybe with a watering can next to it or just that with a bunny? I was thinking of a pretty yellow pot to put it in?Right now its white plastic. :(

Note- there is a little sun coming in door.

Liasch- I agree I am not in love with the lamps. Whats the green one?

2 Likes Save    
smh225

Lovely fern. Wishing it a long happy life. Lol

Amanda Smith

Honestly, the fern looks a little blah to me. If you love it, then keep it, but I prefer the basket with pillows.

Seajay Sparkles

Here’s a thought. I like the basket with the pillows better than quilt. How about putting the basket/pillows on lower shelf and replace topiary with the new plant. Switch plant closer to light source from the door on right and put jars on the left.

dsimber

Hey Parker. 🥰 Great fern! Leaf shape and size provide wonderful contrast. Seajay’s suggestions would be interesting to try, depending on light requirements for the new fern. ⛅️

btydrvn

Ferns prefer indirect light.. no direct sun