SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sporty2222

New construction 2017 water in basement

sporty2222
5 years ago

When I moved to my new home built by a local builder, the basement came unfinished. It is dug out, with concrete walls, and ink fluffy insulation as the ceiling. A few months in to living there we had some heavy rain and we had water coming from:

A.) in the basement in the area below the front door - at the top of the foundation wall water ran all along the ledge then came down the walls

B.) the back door drain backed up and water came under the door inside

C.) through a window, down the wall and along the floor

Point A was not corrected (builder came and put some silicone down by the front door, that are persisted to leak over and over when rain hit the front of the house we are now here a year and a half and he maybe just solved it although last Friday was raining hard and some water was there not to the extent it was.....(he recently removed stones by front door and put in copper flashing)

Point B we asked he put more holes in the drain since the water was backing up and so far that seems to help. He told us it was more likely our fault bc we arent keeping the leaves away (its all open there so not easy to keep debris away but we try esp when we know rain is coming but we always wonder what if we are out of town??)

Point C he came and installed a dry well to take water away from the window well (metal window well I should say) and that has been resloved.

Then we found point D.) a snap tie is leaking every time it rains

And then we found E.) another snap tie is leaking (different locations of the basement)

Anyone out there have anything similar happen to them and what did you do?

Comments (3)