SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Good, Bad & Ugly reviews for Online X-mas Shopping

User
5 years ago

This is the first year that I did 95% of my shopping on line from a variety of shops, the least being Amazon. Since the trend is growing every year, I thought a thread to cheer about the great and warn about the bad would be helpful. I had a little of both.

The great was Luluemon - They are expensive, but after a package that said delivered, wasn’t here, I chatted with a rep online who was quick and responsive. She promptly arranged for a new 2 day delivery to ensure I’d get it in time. She also said to keep the others if they happen to show up, they didn’t but it’s the thought that counts, right?

Other good experiences were with Kohl’s and Costco. Both stores had free shipping available, both had the items I needed and both delivered in reasonable times. Both also have a great return policy.

I decided to give the order online/pick up at store option at Target. The store had what I needed in stock, I got a text when the order was ready, pick up was up at the front of the store and the experience was a breeze. Their return policy isn’t as great, I usually don’t shop there but the experience this go around was refreshing especially during Christmas.

The bad and the ugly was Macy’s. They had some great sales and my DD really likes their clothig, but that’s where the great ended. Right after Thanksgiving, I placed several different orders, some things came as promised, but a lot of others were on back order for a long time. I finally got the last of it last week. They canceled a sweater order, but the notification took 2 weeks to arrive and the good news, as they put it was I wasn’t charged for it, really? (Good thing I was tracking it so I’d have time to find something else.) Also, they use USPS so a few items were literally forced to fit in the mail box, why the driver couldn’t come up the drive is beyond me. Some, if not all of these things are to be expected I guess, but the deal breaker for me was that I received sweater and a pair of shoes that were both obvious returns. The sweater wasn’t packed folded or anything. Someone had just balled it up and tossed it in a plastic bag. It was stretched out and looked like it had been worn more than once. With the shoes, someone had tried one on and didn’t put the packing back together, unfortunately, the store didn’t either. I wouldn’t care if they were for me, but as a gift, that’s not good. I’m glad I got it worked out, but I expected better from Macy’s.

So anyone have some experiences they want to share?

Comments (53)