SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_521684

Testing Benjamin Moore’s “Personal Color Viewer.”

Before we got our exterior painted, I was trying to find a post anywhere showing how accurate the personal color viewer (PCV) on Benjamin Moore’s website was. I figured I’d make this post to help out the next person.

Our house is a 1938 Minimal Traditional in Southern California. Stucco, wood windows and door. These photos are the before on top, the “PCV” in the middle, and the end result on the bottom. Hope this helps someone.

Body color is HC-76 Davenport Tan.
Trim and gable are HC-157 Narragansett Green.
Sashes are OC-45 Swiss Coffee (i would have liked to go with something else but our back windows are white vinyl so it brought cohesion to the house IMO.
The door is HC-137 Mill Springs Blue.

Thoughts: It is surprisingly accurate for light to dark colors, less so for dark to light, like the door. I recommend doing multiple angles. As you can see, the color is fairly accurate to the opposite photo. Davenport tan changes quite a bit with the light. I still tested the paint on the house to make sure they were going to work together. I am impressed now with how much the PCV version looks like the final, but the colors are richer in person than on any of the photos Narragansett Green in particular is beautiful in person, but looks almost black in most photos, and even in a small painted sample.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH