SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noellenicole

Want to rip out ugly tiles, but they are in good shape. Help!

noellenicole
5 years ago

We just bought a foreclosure condo, and it needs updating.

Here are my kitchen issues, and would love some help. =)

I don't really like the floor tiles but they are in good shape, and given a budget, I'm trying to work with them. Any general idea's would be welcomed!!

A few thoughts:

1. the view out the kitchen is beautiful, and there are lots of pine trees (we are in Northern Michigan). I'd love to bring that feeling indoors.
  2. I like minimalism. Busy and whimsical (both of which other people can do REALLY WELL!) are not my thing.
  3. the rest of the condo will be painted Sherwin Williams, Alabaster White.
  4. carpet throughout the condo will be changed out to a light-brownish laminate.
  5. I do want one PUNCHY thing in the kitchen! Like, a single WOW factor! I was hoping for it not to be all-white (but, that's all I'm coming up with right now).
  6. all appliances will be changed out to stainless steel.
  7. countertops will be changed to granite or quartz. Unsure of a color.
  8. Tile backsplash will be changed out. Unsure of a color.
  9. OH... and I have to fit my dining room table in here as well! SO SMALL!!!! So, a new dining set will be bought as well as new lighting.

ANY AND ALL IDEAS WELCOMED! I'M STRUGGLING OVER HERE, AND ON A TIME CONSTRAINT! HAHA!!!

**Changing cabinets are not in the budget.

I tried to "color balance" the photo of the close up of the tile, so it looks pretty close to reality.

Here's the overall kitchen floor:

A close up of the ugly tile:

View of the kitchen from the living room (which is being painted Alabaster, and floors changed out to a light brownish laminate flooring) . Note the lighting that all needs to be changed out:

Kitchen view:

Better photo of the view that we love:

HELP!!!

Comments (28)