SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turtlexings

Flimsy lazy Susan suggested fix?

Sarah
5 years ago

We have a corner cabinet by the stove with a single pole lazy Susan with two metal shelves. At first I was very excited to have a lazy Susan but after a year of battling it I've realized I avoid using it entirely. I actually moved almost everything OUT of that cabinet unconsciously to avoid it.

It wobbles when (very slowly) spun and as soon as any item is added the weight distributes to the edges. This means anything mildly heavy like a jar of olive oil immediately slides to the edges, knocking other jars down.

I got tired of everything falling/sliding around the second I add a new item to the shelf, or worse, rotate the Susan to grab something I need so that EVERYTHING slides/topples around. Now I leave items on the outer edge or lay them sideways or keep them off the Susan entirely.

Any suggested fixes? Should I remove the wires shelves and buy / install solid shelves? Is there a better way to stabilize them? I'd really like to add heavy pots & pans in there but there is currently no way that'd work.

(Sorry for the messy picture, I got tired of fighting reorganizing it only for everything to slide / fall.)

Comments (7)