SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_387514406

Trying to make brand new kitchen my style. Help!

Suzy Grimsley
5 years ago

Hello everyone, First time poster here.

Here's my situation. We recently purchased a brand new construction home. We love everything about it. Layout, location, price etc... The thing is...... THE KITCHEN. Ugh! I mean don't get me wrong, it is a gorgeous, large kitchen. It is just so far from my style. BUT I THINK there are a few relatively non invasive, affordable things I can do to make it more my style. The biggest dilemma is the cabinets, and backsplash. Here are my ideas and you can see the pics in the picture of the current kitchen (first two photos) and the pics of what I am shooting for roughly.. (last two pics)

Must haves:

1. Matte (almost) black kitchen island and lower cabinets

2. White uppers

3. I would LIKE to have some chunky wood open shelving (see pics for examples)

4. A different backsplash in a white color. I like honeycomb pattern, white subway tile stacked vertically on top of each other, etc.. I feel like this is the easy part.

So my concern is, is this doable? I feel bad painting over brand new cabinets. But like, I don't love the dark. And also, has anyone done this? I would 100% want to hire this out to a professional because I want it to look superb. It's a fairly large kitchen. Any advice would be lovely!

Thanks so much!

Comments (39)