SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

It was just a pair of rag mittens....

User
5 years ago

Last week sometime, as I was exiting a store, the bell ringer for Salvation Army was standing inside the lobby trying to catch a few minutes of warmth. It was bitter cold out and I couldn’t help but notice that he didn’t even have gloves on. As luck would have it, I remembered there was a pair of Rag Mittens in my car that I had been meaning to drop off at the Good Will box. Warmth wise, they were great, but size wise, they were twice the size of my hands and waaaay too big. So I quietly asked, would you like a pair of mittens? He held up his hands with a smile and said I‘d love a pair of mittens but I doubt they’d fit these big hands. I said I was certain they would fit and I’d be right back with them. As I pulled up, he came quickly to the car and when he saw the mittens his face lit up! “Oh my Goodness” he said as he took them and before I knew it, he grabbed me threw the window to give me a hug.

When I bought those darn things, my DH asked, why’d you buy these, they’re way too big. Now I know. :c)

Comments (48)