SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedg2

What is happening with this spathiphyllum plant?

SeedG (Zone 9b - 10b)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have many spathiphyllums around the house and have had them for many years usually growing them with almost no special care.

It is this one that started to look odd and it's happened this winter. It was growing fine but this year I noticed a retarded growth so I fertilized it. It responded very well puting out some very big and healthy leaves afterwards. It's on the north facing window sill, in front of the window and has been growing there for years. I always water it every other week or ten days. It never looked this wilted. There are many other plants on this window sill and all of them are in good health - cyclamen, dendrobium, aglaonema, kohleria, saintpaulia, haemanthus, stephanotis, sansevieria, phalaenopsis.

This winter it started to go droopy. It happened to all the leaves and they are otherwise healthy green and some of them are actually very big. They really feel very soft, like there's no turgor in them. Only one leaf shows some discoloration which looks to me like some nutrient deficiency (I suspect Mg). It is not overwatered nor underwatered. The soil feels moist to the touch but it's not soaking or wet. What's your diagnosis?

How to get it to recover?

Comments (13)