SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamiller040256

Miele W1 - pls explain about hot/cold inlets

M Miller
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am struggling between the Bosch washer and the Miele W1 (don‘t need a new dryer, just washer). I already have the 240v wiring/outlet, and am leaning toward the Bosch for that reason alone, but I like the Miele for all its features, and have other Miele products that have been great. In trying to figure out this choice, I’ve read threads on a bunch of forums.

This comment I pasted below from a recent thread about the Miele washers confused me. Can someone please tell me if it’s even correct, and if I need to be concerned about it?

“...regarding the different Miele models, the popular models have cold only inlets – they heat the water using a heat pump, whereas if you have an efficient hot water system, you may be better off getting a Miele model that takes both hot and cold inlets – these don't allow for a temperature controlled wash.”

Which one doesn’t allow for a temperature-controlled wash? What does that mean? Which Miele washer models have cold-only inlets? Thanks for the expert help from this forum!

Comments (13)