SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmmm12cozone5

My dream quilts

mmmm12COzone5
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I love quilts but seldom have seen home made ones to buy. Somehow stumbled into 8 that I loved this year so now am the proud owner of these fabulous quilts!

This is the first one I bought. The colors are very bright. Probably is for a girls room but I just loved the purple and pink together as well as all the batiks in it. Doesn't go at all with my room but I still loved it. After using it for a bit I decided more quilts were in my future because the bright colors gave me such pleasure!

Love these batiks!

This is a log cabin pattern that I'm calling my Amish quilt because it is so traditional (but it was not actually made by Amish). Love, love, love it! It actually goes with the room fairly well because there are green leaves among the purple patterns. It was done by 4 women in one day. Amazing!

The bargello caught my eye right away. I had admired them on Etsy but never thought I would own one because they are so rare. One of the fabrics has little butterfly's that seem to swirl around in the quilt. What a find!

Some details from the fabric.

Amazing color and pattern selections.

This was the second one I bought. An 84 yr old lady was at the craft fair clearing out her stash. My photo doesn't do justice to the sweet old fashioned fabrics used in this quilt. In real life it look stunning in this room.

I tried to get a close up of the fabrics.

This windows quilt was stunning at the show but it is the only one I'm a little disappointed with at home. The windows cut up the bird houses and other interesting items in the panel. I did not notice that when I first saw it as I was taken with the colors.

This Christmas quilt is a stunner. Right now it is a decoration. I may use it as an actual quilt later.

So hard to see the details in the big photos.

The tree panel.

This was the last one I bought. Loved the bright colors, the fabric used and the diamond pattern. I had admired this pattern on Etsy also. Can't wait to use it.

Oh, almost forgot the bird quilt. Love this one also.

When is sit on it on my bed I enjoy looking down and being surrounded by all the birds.

I've sent pictures and thanked the quilt makers but wanted to show off my finds to other people who enjoy quilts. I hope you enjoyed the photos!

Now my big challenge is deciding which one to use each time we change the bed linen. :-)

Comments (19)