SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

decor/furnishing help

3katz4me
5 years ago

I would like to have two "comfortable" chairs in this room. DH and I hang out here regularly and often watch the tiny TV (we have a bigger one in our family room). When we have another couple over to visit I pull in one of the dining room arm chairs which is fine - comfortable for one of us - but I'd rather have two "regular" chairs. The first photos below are our stuff - the second set are how the house was staged when we bought it. I've tried different arrangements but I think I need to do something like the staged photos to fit two chairs along with the sofa and have it all facing the window with the view. And bad as it may be decor-wise, we want the little TV in front of the window so we see the view and the TV when we're looking in that direction. We also don't want chairs over there blocking the view. The blinds that are closed are always closed so no need to look out that side.

So do you think the staged layout is what I need to do? My sofa is longer but might still work. And if so can I have two similar but unmatched chairs rather than two that match as in those photos? I'd like to keep my wicker chair in there and get a second relatively small chair as it's a small room. I see one exactly like the staging chairs on CL right now but maybe too different from my chair. The coffee table will go - it was a "temporary" CL solution when I moved in. I have a smaller round wicker table that I could use instead. I'd like to keep the bench but end tables are flexible though we need lamps and surface area for beverages, books, devices, etc. and the coffee table serves as an ottoman.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!