SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_lynn9539438

RUGS! Need help choosing entry rug and runner! What are the rules?!

Jessica Lynn
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi! i’m getting the itch to update our entry way - front door rug and hallway runner leading to the kitchen. I love the runner I have now (floral print - my fav) but it’s super neutral in color and i’m thinking some color might brighten up the space a bit! our home has lots of shades of soothing blues (light PB robins egg curtains, peacock blue couch pillows), soft neutrals (beige walls, light gray couch) and greens (lots of greenery and plants). I thought it would be great to find a rug with those colors - and when I was at target recently, I did! my only concern is - are the rug and runner too small for these spaces? (my current runner at 2’1”x7’9” on the small side too - and this new one at 2’x7‘ is even smaller)

heres the new rug:

and heres the new runner (also too small? how far should it extend?):

and from the other side:

what do you guys think? honest opinions please! I don’t know the rules when it comes to these rugs. should it extend the entire length of the hallway? should the runner be wider? is the entry rug too narrow - how far should it extend? the runner pattern also came in an entry rug size, so could do that and get a different runner...? i’m not super attached to this geometric entry rug, so open to switching it up.

please feel free to link suggestions - id love to incorporate a floral in either the entry rug or the runner :)

thank you in advance!

(pictures of my current entry rug and runner are in the comments - it took too long to load when I tried to add them to this post!)

Comments (3)