SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_cann

Fireplace design question... looking for help

Kathy Cann
5 years ago

Our main question is whether to take the new stone all the way to the ceiling or just to the mantel.

Plan is to is to reduce the amount of stone so the portion going toward the other wall will be eliminated. TV will go on a smaller corner entertainment center in that corner. Mantel is a fairly rustic dark wood beam. Hearth is yet to be decided, possibly a lighter grey concrete. The large green sectional is going out, along with that right side wall to the dining room. Seating (sofa & mission style recliner) will be around the fireplace. May have a nice chair at the other end by the bay windows. Dimensions of the room are 14’ x21’. It has been a difficult to figure out how to furnish this long/narrow room. We are going for more of an open concept. The purple wall to the kitchen will partly go as well as the portion on the right side in my picture. We are doing just lower kitchen cabinets there with a peninsula at the end. Flooring will be a lighter walnut throughout. As I said, I’m really interested in feedback on how much stone to use for the fireplace.

Comments (13)