SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccwatters

Two different grout colors in one bathroom? Shower niche?

ccwatters
5 years ago

Hi all, we just installed Crossville State of Grace 3" hex mosaic on my main / shower bathroom floors in my 2nd/kids' bathroom. Grouting in next couple days.

The shower walls will be classic white subway, the niche will be the last bit of my floor tile (even though larger than the "norm" / small mosaics).

Benjamin Moore Nimbus is on the walls, chrome hardware and mirrors will be over 60" double vanity with quartz countertop.

I bought Tec Power Grout in Dove Gray because I planned to use it with the hex/FLOORS for a nice contrast to the floor...but for the subway/WALLS, Tec Silverado looks so pretty and really softens the brightness of the white, making them look like they blend better with the warmth of the rest of the bathroom.

So the dilemma is.....the hex niche. Do I make the niche Dove Gray just like the same grout on same hex that's on floors... or do I do the hex niche in Silverado because that's the grout that will be up on the white subway surrounding the niche? I prefer the Dove gray contrast with the hex but.......?

Floor tile (Crossville hex) =Dove Gray grout

Wall tile (white subway) = Silverado grout

Niche (hex) = ?

Attached pics to help visualize:

1)The floor tile; 2)the floor tile with both different grouts together; 3)the 48" x 15" niche; 4)the combination of hex/subway/quartz countertop/cabinet with Dove Gray; 5)combo with Silverado (slightly lighter gray).

*Last two pics have poor lighting but give you the idea of overall idea

Grouting the day after tomorrow.....thoughts? Thank you :)

1) Crossville State of Grace 3" Hex partially installed/no grout

2) Silverado (L) and Dove Gray (R)

3) Crossville Hex /Shower Niche

4) Dove Gray

5) Silverado

Comments (11)