SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8278826

Sad Lucy the Lemon

User
5 years ago

Hi all! New to the forum. I'm living in Zone 5b with a meyer lemon and an orange that I move indoors and out with me. This year, the meyer lemon bore a nice crop of a dozen lemons, but it just looks sad and it keeps dropping leaves. (Meanwhile, its neighbor the orange is showing off looking perfect and sporting a bunch of baby oranges.)

Nothing has changed in my watering routine (letting it dry out between watering so as not to waterlogged the roots), feeding it with Miracid at each watering (which seems to be about biweekly-ish). No pests that I can spot, but I did do a round of insecticidal soap after a nice tepid warm shower to be sure I knocked anything off about a month ago. Still, leaves keep falling. I did one round of a foliar micronutrient spray at the end of October as I brought it in for the winter.

Lucy, as I fondly call the lemon, shares a 4200 lumen, 4000K LED shop light with the orange tree (Ethel), which is on for about 12 hours a day in addition to their south-facing window. Photos follow - they are a couple of weeks aged (fruit is off now).

Any thoughts from the wise experts on this forum? Is it normal to just see a big drop after coming inside, especially toward the end of fruit production? Should I be more worried that it's been inside this long and not adjusting? This is so unlike last year that I'm worried - although last year I didn't have any fruit to contend with. Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)