Meet the Creator

ohiomom

"There is a distinct lack of chopping, smoke, sweating or swearing in the kitchen at Creator, a new burger restaurant in San Francisco. Instead, there is faint whirring and, if you really listen, the muffled sound of grinding and distant sizzling. It’s because the chefs here are not human."

Takes "fast food" to a whole new level .... 30 seconds end to end.

THE SOURCE IS BBC

SaveComment7Like1
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunflower_petal(5a)

That is amazing! And there go more cruddy jobs ....

1 Like Save     Thanked by ohiomom
momj47(7A)

Not even immigrants will have jobs.

Save     Thanked by ohiomom
artemis_ma

I guess my (unpaid) career as a food blogger is at an end.

marquest(PA zone 6)

I love it. No little kid's dirty hands from using the rest room and not washing his/her hands touching my food. Imagine a burger without that extra bathroom duty topping

Rina

Seriously: I think we are heading into a future in which vast numbers of jobs, perhaps a majority of what we presently think of as jobs, will disappear. We have not begun to think of the implications of that. Automation of various kinds will replace human beings, including huge numbers of middle-class white-collar human beings. Those human beings will not have salaries. (Will we really need teachers? Accountants? and and and?) They will not be able to purchase the services and products that automation provides. Only the increasingly small number of people who still have jobs will be able to. Tax revenue will decrease drastically, so even under a benign government the unemployed will get precious little assistance in avoiding starvation or finding any kind of accommodation. Education? Health care? You kidding? With what? Unless of course the rich get taxed to the dizzy hilt.

I can see an economy consisting of a very small group of privileged people and machines. For the rest -- back to hunting/gathering, at best. If there's anything left to hunt or gather.

Save    
ubro(2a)

I can see an economy consisting of a very small group of privileged people and machines. For the rest -- back to hunting/gathering, at best. If there's anything left to hunt or gather.

I agree, we will need more social programs to help all the unemployed.

I want a human to deal with my food and assuming that machines are cleaner is a little false. These machines need to be cleaned by someone and maintained by someone.I worked in a camp kitchen and believe me, the cleaning is key. Some people think if they can't see dirt, it doesn't exist.

I read this article and it reminded me how spoiled we all have become. Heaven for bid something in our lives is not perfect, not up to our standards, or we should have to be content with something less than stellar. We have come to believe our whole life experience should be catered to our needs. Sorry, just a little rant, must be holiday jitters. LOL

Save    
Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real

I saw a report of a protest at a European Amazon warehouse. A worker brandished a sign reading something like, We are humans, Not machines. I thought, No worries, soon enough machines will do these jobs. No job is safe from automation. From driving to medicine to law and writing, the AIs are sitting in the wings gearing up.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Meet a Home Made With Minivan Parts
Sawn-off car roofs for the siding, windows popped out of van doors ... this California home is as resourceful as it is beautiful
Full Story
Upholstery Bulletproof Decorating: Upholstery That Stands Up to Anything
Kids and pets are no match for fabrics as durable as these, which meet higher style standards than ever
Full Story
World of Design World of Design: Artists and Artisans and Their Inspiring Studios
By Houzz
Meet these creative people, see their work and learn how their homelands have influenced their style
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Kitchen, Bath and Interior remodeling company featuring the latest bath and kitchen designs and the largest... Read More