A good feature of the winter climate.

Rose Pekelnicky

The wonderful thing about winter in a cold climate is you can leave the house without being properly dressed. The winter coat hides everything. I just went to the post office in yoga pants and a sleep shirt under my coat. I wanted to send these things to my grandson.

SaveComment19Like10
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nickel_kg

I love it, Rose -- that's looking on the bright side :-) I'd add, not having to shave your legs until Spring!

7 Likes Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
Rose Pekelnicky

10 Likes Save    
mamapinky0

Rose Those are super nice!!!

Big Pokemon fans in this house.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
PRO
Lars/J. Robert Scott

I think yoga pants and a sleep shirt (without the coat) is considered normal attire here. I did wear long-sleeved shirts yesterday and today, however, as it got down to 53° in the morning. I also put my faux leopard steering wheel cover on my steering wheel, as it was a bit chilly this morning.

My winter clothes have been in mothballs for the past four years.

Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
joyfulguy

These old gams prefer some long-johns, or else they complain ... unless it's really mild.

o j

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
PRO
Brushworks Spectacular Finishes

My daughter goes to Kroger in pajamas, summer and winter. Of course it helps to be one of those gals that only needs to brush her hair to be gorgeous. Nobody notices the pajamas.

PRO
Anglophilia

Last winter, I went to pick up my ClickList order at Kroger in a robe with my parka over it. I don't have to get out of the car at all and no one ever knew. I used to do this when I drove carpool when my children were young... We all did and just prayed we didn't have a wreck!

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
rob333 (zone 6b/7a)

Pika pika! Translated: nice job

matthias_lang

These old gams prefer some long-johns, or else they complain ... unless it's really mild.

Me, too, O J. I have to dress in layers, especially on the lower legs, even in the house. I dislike the change of seasons when, in autumn, I have to get used to wearing so many clothes, and then, in spring, when I have to get used to not wearing all those clothes. But the outermost layers look pretty much the same from season to season. Each transition feels uncomfortable.

I'm not sure if I'd even know someone was wearing their pajamas with a coat over it. There is such a range of clothing that seems acceptable these days. Acceptable to me, anyway.

morz8

Rose, cute, cute things for your grandson.

I went out yesterday in my winter coat (sun was shining but it was cold, low 40's) over yoga pants and a shirt. Lightweight knit yoga pants and my legs were cold! I went to PO, bank, RiteAid, had one more stop to make and I skipped that one. A box store down by the river where the cold wind would be blowing and I came home instead - without the wood glue on my list.

bleusblue2

Remember when sweat suits were worn everywhere? 70s? Well I remember sleeping in mine and then going out for a brisk morning walk right when I got up in the morning. It sure was a lot easier to get going!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
nicole___

I'm with Lars. :0) You'd fit right in here.

Rose....Pekemon is A D O R A B L E !!

chisue

Well...you never know how that will go. One cold morning I drove DH to the commuter train and was rear-ended coming home -- wearing my nightie, robe, slippers, and a raccoon coat.

pb32

About a million years ago, when I was in grade school, my mom was rear-ended after dropping me off at school. She was in her pajamas. She was beyond mortified! Never drove me to school without getting dressed again.

She talked about that accident for decades. Having to stand beside the road in her nightie bothered her more than having the car totaled and her whiplash.

functionthenlook

I really don't like winter. I hate having to put on a coat ,gloves,hat and scarf go outside. But it is nice not having to shave your legs every day, not having to worry about under arm flapping, turtlenecks to hide the the turkey neck, and you can hide the extra pounds from the thanksgiving to new year food feast under bulky sweaters. Thank goodness for remote car starts and heated seats. .

arkansas girl

I was going to argue that Winter has NO redeeming qualities but you are right, it is nice to cover up lounging around clothing with a coat and run to the store. HAHA!

littlebug zone 5 Missouri

Here's one redeeming winter quality: no mosquitos. Pretty much everything else about winter sucks. I hate winter.

jemdandy

If you sneeze a couple of times, you have an excuse for it.

Its okay to wear wool socks.

You can wear that old raccoon coat your ancestor willed to you. (Be wary of dogs.)

Scarfs and neck pieces are back in style.

You won't be embarrassed if you fall, and someone may offer to help you up.

You have an excuse not to attend a dull party.

Hot baths and showers feel extra good.

You can build snow sculptures.

1 Like Save    
joyfulguy

Your kids/(grandkids) can make snow angels ... there was a kid doing that on the screen at the bank, this morning ... (not long ago, or probably I would have forgotten by now).

o j

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Architecture 15 Smart Design Choices for Cold Climates
Keep your home safe and comfortable in winter by choosing the right home features and systems
Full Story 55
Winter Gardening World of Design: These Gardeners Dig Cold Climates
Passionate gardeners in Maine, Russia and northern Sweden know how to get the most from their short growing seasons and freezing conditions
Full Story 12
Southeast Gardening Celebrate a Sunny Climate With the Right Leafy Palm for Your Site
So you get freezes or floods. So your garden is small. These palms send excuses riding off into the tropical sunset
Full Story 22