SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Help-make my family room worthy Suggestions??

salonva
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

What I need your help with is in tweaking it and bringing it to 2019. Here is my family room/living room.

We moved in over the summer, and I am feeling very anxious about making this a comfortable home. This is the living room/family room where I spend most of my time and where if we would entertain (we don't do that very much but would like to do it more).

We made the leap and got a big tv (it's 50 inches which means 45 inches wide big for us) .

I feel that we need some sort of tv stand, console to ground it and also to be a pretty and functional piece. We can definitely use a bit if additional display area. I feel like the room is crying out for that.

The TV is 39 inches from the floor, the wall it is on is approx 72 inches from end of window to end of wall. That opens to our kitchen area, so I would like the piece to be not up the edge of the wall if that makes sense for clearance

We brought the gas line to the fireplace so we can enjoy it (with a remote and I am in heaven).

We just got Wally (a rescue now about 7 months old) so the
carpet will be replaced at some point but o it is in the plan but not yet.

The lamp shades are being replaced (when I am able to find 2 that match at MarshallsTJTarget. another saga) and I know I can use some pillows and a throw as well as possibly an ottoman. I am open to any and all suggestions. I spend hours looking at wayfair amazon jossandmain etc and I just get more anxious.

First I though I should go relatively low and long, (like 24 to 26 inches high) and put a few decorative items on the top. Then I thought maybe just a few inches lower than the tv more like a console. (like 32 ish inches high).

I have considered just about everything on the web and tried posting this a few weeks ago but got sidetracked.

Just to get started and hopefully get feedback--- here are a few.

A low one I thought might be attractive but is it too modern is this wayfair Rogers TV stand

For a bit higher though I dont think this style is for moi but ...Wayfair Josie a bit higher

I think I could like something like this but a bit smaller.Prickett Joss and Main pretty but too big

I am going to click submit and hope that I get some feedback. Anything even pretty pillows.

Comments (46)

• tartanmeup
    5 years ago

First of all, don't feel anxious about making your home comfortable. I've a feeling you're already there with the TV and fireplace! :) (Not to mention a beautiful navy velvet sofa and lovely wall colour). No shame in taking one's time to add furnishings. You'll get there.

Now, you know we'll ask this: could you post more pictures of the room so we could get a better sense of your style and the room layout? (Looking at the TV wall picture, that wall does not look to be 72" but of course it is if the TV is 50 inches...)

I like the consoles you found, especially the first one. Seeing your whole room would make it easier to see why it's too modern for you.

salonva thanked tartanmeup
  • just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

I moved into my new home a few short years ago and remember the horrible quest for the TV console. I just couldn't get excited over the new choices in my price range. I can say though that once you find the right piece of furniture to use in your media area things do start falling in place.

Your console needs to be around 32h x 65 long (give or take) , longer would have been better but you don't have the wall for it. If you are putting a receiver in there you will need at least 18" to 20" deep. You will need to create an opening behind the receiver so it can breath.

The cabinet will be taking up lots of real estate in the living area so it should be a decent quality. I would up your spending to $400 - $750 and buy better quality used. I found my console (Buffet) on CL but it was advertised from a consignment store, a vintage Burlwood/smoked glass/brass Romweber with a ton of storage.I got them down to $400 but paid a $100 to have the top redone. That was a few years ago. You should be able to find something pretty nice.

Are you considering a wood to match the side table? That would be pretty. You can always mix some lighter painted or light washes on other pieces.

If you find something really beautiful but the top is scratched you can get the price way down. Consignment stores usually have a list of people that can spiff and refinish furniture at reasonable rates. Or, ask people for recommendations on the neighbor site.

Search terms: credenza, Tv cabinet, media cabinet, buffet, dresser, entertainment cabinet, china cabinet, sideboard.

Edited the above for depth and recommendations if adding a receiver.

salonva thanked just_terrilynn
  • Related Discussions

Suggestions for freshening up my brown family room!

Q

Comments (5)
    Adorable dog! I like the idea of symmetrical end tables. Or putting a table in the corner between the couch and loveseat, and then end tables on the other ends. I'm not a fan of fake trees, so my answer would always be to let it go, but that's me. Hard to judge the lamp without a shade, but I think the fact that it's glass adds less color to the room than a solid lamp would. To add color, you might want to put more strongly colored pillows on the couch instead of the paler floral, add a solid-color throw, or switch out the pot the tree is in for a colored one if you are keeping the tree, or put a big houseplant in it if you're ditching the tree. Like you, I have tan walls and brown furniture, so I have to get my color in in these details.
    ...See More

Lots of questions (and pictures) on making over my family room

Q

Comments (18)
    Wow - your backsplash and counters are gorgeous! They look wonderful with your stained cabinets. You must be really happy about how well everything turned out. I've been considering remodeling my kitchen and looked at quartzites last week to get an idea of a possible budget. There are some really nice choices in the lighter quartzites. Taj Mahal is on my short list and I really like how it looks in your kitchen. It looks so similar to the crema marble that I'd love to have if I weren't concerned with durability. For paint, I think the Edgecomb gray - if it's a warm, putty color in your house - might look really nice with the warm and silver tones in your backsplash and with the almost grayish brown I see in the wood floors that you like. If it's too gray, Manchester Tan might be a good choice. If you're going to paint your walls anyway, can you paint a swatch of each on the wall so you can see how they look in your room during different times of the day? Or paint some sample boards and try those out. That's the only way I've been able to tell how a paint color might look in my own house.
    ...See More

Does this kitchen make my family room butt look SMALL?

Q

Comments (11)
    Hi Palimpsest! Nice to see you over in Decorating! The lower right corner of the house would be the new Living Room. Sorry I forgot to label. We would like to keep both the Family and Living rooms. Bmorepanic tried to talk me into one big seating-type room recently. DH and I have thought about this many times during our 11 years here, but it doesn't feel right to us. We entertain A LOT and everyone seems to like to spread out and get separation from other guests when necessary. Rhome410 drew a different arrangement over on the Kitchen Forum as I posted this there also. I think it could work. Funny, this house is definetly NOT contemporary. It's just a house. No style, really. Just a house. It was built about 40 years ago in a solid neighborhood with great amenities, but is very basic. We're trying to give it some style and charm. We have/had (now torn out during demo) a very large brick woodburning fireplace stack roughly where mine is drawn with a firebox on each side offset from each other. It was a monster and took up too much space. We'd really like to keep a fireplace. I thought the double-sided one was a great idea to provide some separation b/w FR and LR, but yet keep the rooms more open than they were.
    ...See More

My family room needs your help

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi Rina -- What a wonderful room. Perhaps a more modern squared sectional or a sofa with a lounge end and then add another chair . Or have matching sofas back to back with a narrow console table between for lamps etc then add another chair and an upholstered ottoman for the backed sofa . That should fill the void in the center . Everything looks real nice right now .
    ...See More
  • aprilneverends
    5 years ago

pretty room from what I can see

yes, more pics would help, definitely, for suggestions

console, or maybe rather credenza..yes, I imagine '62 inches wide which is one of the standard widths for casegoods will fit the bill best in your case. I'd absolutely go for the best one I can afford..which would be sourcing vintage probabaly as well..because everything new, wood, decent quality=expensive. hell, even not a decent quality-still expensive

I wouldn't hurry, really, I'd rather go with something I'm very sure about. Other furnishings, or what I see of them, seem too lovely.

salonva thanked aprilneverends
  • greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Lovely home, but All I am seeing is little peeksies of the edges of things? Need a better look. Tv height first: is the center of the TV at eye level while sitting? If not, plan to lower your tv. Do not plan to put anything on the console (other than cable box, etc) or around the tv (no art on that wall, for instance) justerrilynn is right-plan to look harder for a good deal or pay more-you want this to be a nice piece. I love www.chairish.com they have great vintage credenzas that may work here. I don't think you are limited at all by or to the color of your trim. What color are your walls? Very pretty :)

salonva thanked greenfish1234
  • alex9179
    5 years ago

You can also look at dining room buffets and long dressers. Just watch the height. I like dressers so that I can store media and game controllers in drawers.

salonva thanked alex9179
  • greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Also inspiration pics will help :)

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Yes! There is a great thread on here where someone used an antique sideboard. It was stunning.

• tartanmeup
    5 years ago

I like that first piece you found, Olychick!

• Olychick
    5 years ago

One thing to consider is the depth, esp because it's so close to the doorway. Some antique and other pieces are going to be much deeper, which might protrude more than ideal. Both those I posted are from Wayfair; the first one is only 14" deep, the other is 17" deep.

I wasn't suggesting a light color as a limiting factor, only as a complement to the existing trim and to bring something similar to the fireplace to the opposite side of the room.

salonva thanked Olychick
  • lucillle
    5 years ago

Feedback from me: So far from what I see your home is beautiful. You have already gotten the single most important comfort and that is Wally.

I do think that first picture from Olychick is really nice and would look beautiful in your room.

salonva thanked lucillle
  • salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I am so happy to have such great suggestions here.

It's funny because originally I was only looking at wood and or black for the console and didn't think a painted one would work but I think the first one Oly posted could work really nicely. I think the first one I posted, and the first one Oly posted could be really good. Also, very good observation about the depth of the unit. 14-16 will be fine, more than that is not going to work nicely.

I am not looking to display stuff above the tv, but in a cabinet, I would be happy to have SOME glass to display a few things. Actually I do love that one Oly- just wish it had SOME display.... and I wonder if it is too long?

I think that is a great point about the trim and fireplace color. (funny- I don't know the color as it was here. The other colors in the house are not so lovely:).

Oh my I looked at chairish and what a nice site, but I don't think it's going to work for me as of course the one I saw which had potential was in California and I am in Penn.

I find all the comments helpful. The TV is comfortable height when sitting across on the couches. I will definitely get pix tomorrow and you will see why I am so anxious that it has such nice potential but it's pretty disjointed for now.

And here, for Lucille in particular, is Wally. This is a few weeks ago so he has matured a bit:).

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Omg what a sweetie.

• tartanmeup
    5 years ago

What a cutie!

• lucillle
    5 years ago

(((Wally))) you are so cute I just want to give you a big hug!

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Ok so Wally's a keeper, that we know. He needs his people to have a more comfortable and tasteful room. As promised, here are more pix of the room which is normally quite bright but when I went to take the pictures it clouded up considerably. This at least shows a bit more of the layout and the close up of the loveseat shows its color and wood tones as well. Some of the pillows go to other furniture and I didn't move them. I would also love new pillows why not. but here is the color and style.

Here is the overall room view

And

Sitting on the couch or recliner, this is the view.

So the table under the tv is 20 inches high. I think anything over 30 inches would be fine? the tv is at about 39 or 40.

I can also add that I also took a photo of the plates and bowls and vases that have no home as yet, and hang out on the dining room table (which is partially why I would love to have a smidge more display space but it's not a must....... I will get over it .

So have it, but please be kind--- again looking for the TV Console/stand, pillows, the lamp shades are to be updated or if there is a stellar lamp I would entertain it. Looking forward to more discussion. I so appreciate this.

• just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

I would still look for "used" for a cool look. Maybe something like this.

Maybe a inexpensive rug to anckor the area near sofas under the coffee table.

Or this.

Or this

I Think The Chair Below Might Be Too Small but it's cute.

---------------------------

Some fun pillows

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Thank you!! Much better. You have lovely things and lots to work with. You could really use some down pillows in an amazing designer fabric. Designer fabric has been a huge find for me, it allows a real style boost without breaking the bank. Etsy has many good purveyors, here is the one I have used. Check out the pillows and let us know if something is calling your name!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SouthernShades

other random starter thoughts. Can we get a better pic of the big chair? My gut is that it is way out of scale and style with your other furniture. It doesn't help that there is a lamp sticking out from its center. That needs to move. I think I would prefer to see the matching. Lamps on either side of the sofa, not the loveseat. Hmmm but that would land one in the window. Maybe on a slim sofa table behind the sofa.

I do think your TV is too high. This is important. Make sure center is eye level when sitting. I would consider a stand rather than wall mount so you won't see the cords. Or a table so close to the bottom that it appears to be on a stand.

• Olychick
    5 years ago

I know you were originally asking only about the tv console, but you said in your last post to "have at it"! It's a really nice room already; the only thing that really jumps out at me is the recliner in front of (or in) the bay window area, which looks like it could and should be it's own little cool area. Usually, there is someone insisting on a big ole' recliner in the room, whether it really fits the room or not. But sometimes you just have to work with or around things. :-)

This is a room I'd love to just be able to push the furniture around in, to see if something might work better. Maybe you tried other arrangements, or maybe this is perfect for your family, as is, so this is just a suggestion for what I'd try.

If you switched the couch and loveseat walls, you might be able to pull the recliner forward and a bit to the left to get it away from the bay. A table between the recliner and loveseat would give them both a place for drinks and a lamp to share. The other table and lamp could stay in the corner where it is.

Or could the recliner go where the beanbag is, or is that too awkward for viewing the tv (if the tv were a bit lower)? Then you could have a window seat in the bay, or maybe enough room for a small game table and a couple of chairs?

salonva thanked Olychick
  • greenfish1234
    5 years ago

I LOVE the red rug justjerilynn posted. As well as some of the smaller chairs. And I just noticed that isn't a bay window which means maybe we can play with the furniture as olychick suggested.

Here are some pillows I love

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Wow-- actually I just looked at that southernshades sight and I did pretty much go to each of the ones you just posted above- they are gorgeous (but some of them are really spendy. the $70 one is the bargain of the bunch ). oh now that I am looking at them again, I still love them all but my new favorite is the floral with the cream background.

Where to start with comments- first of all thank you.

Terri thanks for the rug suggestions. That won't happen too soon but it's good to have an idea and a plan. I like them all. And I like that chair/ottoman. oh and the pillows. It's funny that you seem to have selected red as an accen because in my house 35 years ago I had the navy and touches of red/burgundy and it was lovely. I could live with it happily.

I have never been a green person but lately I seem to be drawn to bright rich green like the first pillow that greenfish posted. (well it is gorgeous absolutely)

Oly-- um YES the recliner is way out of scale but it's very comfy and we have been through a few over the years and trust me when I say, it's probably one of the more fashionable ones. YES there is a someone sort of insisting on a big ole recliner:) so I have made peace with it.

I know the arrangement is not perfect but it works pretty much. I think we did try other placements, but I am definitely open to shifting stuff around a bit. I will measure and see about the wall where the love seat is currently.

The only thing is if I moved the couch there, then the last seat of the couch would not have a table. (but I am going to measure and see what I can do. And yes moving the recliner where the bean bag is would work nicely but the recliner sitter--DH--- would not be able to view the TV. -

Once I have the stand or console for the TV, if the wires are not covered by said furniture I will have an electrician put them in the wall. I totally agree it's an eyesore.

This is so helpful to have other eyes look at the room, and skilled eyes at that!

• just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

Greenfish, what a great site for pillows. Thank you for sharing!

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Salon-can we get a sketch of the room with measurements? Doesn't have to be to scale but the lengths of the walls and furniture would help.

Re: the price of the pillows (and these are just covers. You still need to buy the down -only down gives the good full look-inserts!). It seems crazy I know but some of these fabrics are 200$ per yard! These are custom high end pieces without having to buy the 2 yard minimum! And when I tell you they will be THE touch of glamor and style in your room....

• alex9179
    5 years ago

Those are gorgeous Greenfish!

• User
    5 years ago

salonva, I have nothing to offer regarding decor and furniture placement, but you do not need an electrician to run the cords behind the wall. Use an in-wall power cord and cable kit that just requires a hole behind the TV and a hole at the baseboard. The kits even include a hole saw for your drill. Easy peasy. I did it myself. Here's a link to the blog that gave me the confidence to do it myself.

https://www.younghouselove.com/how-to-hide-tv-wires/

salonva thanked User
  • just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

I think the recliner won't look so out of scale once you get some other height and decor in the room like an area rug, drapes, tv stand and decorative pillows. Right now the eye goes straight to "ThE ChAiR" because there are no other places for the eye to roam on. What are you doing for drapes?

I can't tell if that is a real wood burning fireplace or not, but another idea for your smallish room is to remove the mantel so a tv could be mounted lower. You could do some sort of wall treatment or tile going up to the ceiling or leave it simple like this.

Then, you could do a narrow tall display case where the tv is now.

What you have now.

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

I agree JTL but it is also made large by being backlit by the windows. And the lamp popping up from its back.

• just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

Yes, I'm curious to see a floor plan to see if the chair and tv could be moved and still have good or even better movie viewing.

• nutsaboutplants
    5 years ago

Wally is so adorable!! Pretty room. Love the windows and the mantel. As others have said, don’t feel rushed. Buy only what you really like and is good quality for the price. If I were you, I’d look at estate sales and craigslist in your area.

salonva thanked nutsaboutplants
  • salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

ok I will try to get the layout with dimensions posted shortly. I should mention that there are 2 end tables (each has a lamp) but one that you see is wood with brass hardware. The other, is a glass and brass nesting table (3 of them) so that gives a little more flexibility to positioning them.

Hope I don't forget anyone or anything.

Delilah thank you for that info about the tv wiring and all. You do make it sound relatively user friendly!

Terri- the fireplace was a wood burning one but we converted it to gas. I honestly like the mantle and how the fireplace looks, so while your photos are lovely, there is just so much I need to get done in this house that I am happy this is one thing that I like as is.

I agree that there is not much else to focus on in the room- there are pleated shades already on the windows (from previous owner ). The view, although not totally private, is really gorgeous with a magnificent oak tree right outside and I love that as well so I mostly keep the shades up. Also I think this is northern exposure so no issue with too much sun.

We are having the windows replaced, which is also why I am sort of on hold with certain decorating but I will probably get blinds. I had them in my last house and i love the versatility of them and also love the looks. I am most definitely open to adding drapes --- or a window covering of some sort but I really love the openness and the views.

I am open to re-considering where things are positioned. I hope my scanner cooperates so I can upload the amateur room drawing.

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I hope this is legible. Basically I tried to put all the info on the sketch but decided it was not working- The room is a 14 foot square. The two walls (the one with the fireplace, and the one with the sofa, which is facing when you walk in the room ) are both 14 foot. The wall with the TV, and the half wall which has the loveseat are each 10 feet.

The windows (4 of them) are 39 inches.

Sofa is 84 inches.

Loveseat is 60 inches.

Recliner is 35 inches...

Wood End Table is 21 inches wide- 26 inches deep.

Nesting tables house into 21 wide an 15 deep. (then I guess 13 deep etc).

Cocktail table is 38 inches square.

The TV is 45 inches and wall it is on (the 10 foot wall) is 70 inhces from the end to the window frame............

The wall that the sofa is on- is 118 inches from the corner to the window frame.

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

This is the nesting table (there are 3 actually but the baby one is in another room but can be drafted to duty here as well). I have it currently between the sofa and loveseat, at an angle. I do have the plant on the lower one, but realized it maybe didn't show the table as well.

So, we have this as an option for a small table as well as the lovely magazine table that is under the tv. I am referring to a space where someone might not reach the coffee table and or end table.

• ptreckel
    5 years ago
    Love your room! A tip for pillows and pillow covers.... always buy an insert 2” larger for a pillow cover. An 18” insert for a 16” cover. 20” for an 18”. It will add fullness to your pillows. I like your colorful artwork. Lovely! Embrace those colors in your rug and pillows.
    salonva thanked ptreckel
  • just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

Sorry not completely awake but can the chair go in the area shown? Or, slightly off the corner?

*Note: not to scale.

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you ptreckel ( I love the art work as well).

Terri- That actually sounds interesting. Definitely worth me considering. The only thing I am not sure of, is with the recliner/ottoman (the recliner really does move back) I am not sure about the cocktail table would only be usable by the sofa. The love seat and recliner would need endtables which I guess still might work in your scenario. Have to think on that but I can tell you, you're better at half asleep than I am fully awake and functional.

The cocktail/coffee table is a square. Does that not work ?

I am definitely going to draw that out and maybe even actually move the furniture but this weekend have my DD and grands so not sure I will be moving it around.

Love the suggestion though!

And, I think it still comes down to finding the right console/tv stand regardless.

I like the idea you had of a smaller rug. At this point though the carpet that it would sit on is not quite shag, but very full pile so not sure a rug could be put on that.

• Olychick
    5 years ago

Do you actually need the loveseat? If it could be moved to another room, it would really open up your options, better placement of the recliner and perhaps someday the loveseat being replaced by a smaller arm chair.

I'm very confused by your pics; at first I thought the recliner was in a bay, but I guess it's an optical illusion. Then I thought the bean bag was in the same place as the recliner, but I guess not....where is the bean bag corner? Would the loveseat fit there?

salonva thanked Olychick
  • salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Oly, the recliner is at an angle in between the sofa and the fireplace. There is no bay. There are 4 iwndows, 2 of which are on either side of the fireplace. I think the lighting and or the angle I took the picture from added to it looking a bit more bizarre.

The bean bag is between the tv and the fireplace.(kind of opposite the recliner.

I do think we need the loveseat . I do like the idea of other flexible seating and maybe down the road...... but sofa and loveseat I think are going to stay.. We do have a finished basement, where the furniture from our old famly room(also couch and loveseat reside.......more casual .

There really isn't a spot for the loveseat elsewhere.

• just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

Maybe just some pretty new pillows and the right TV stand will be just enough of a refresh to make you smile.

Down the road perhapes think about other ways for the partner to recline. The sectional below would even leave room for a cool little chair in the other corner across the way by window. You could also do some wall sconces on ends of sofa long run. You could also lower that short half wall to the dining room a tic and add a wood top to double as a sofa table. Something like this...with or without tufting or even another shade and perhapes a longer run of more seating on long wall.

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Funny about that 1/2 wall behind the sofa because down the road I think it will be removed. We really don't need it, and I don't think it does anything to enhance the space. For a bit, I had some of the homeless plates, vases, and bowls displayed but it really was not a flattering look. When the carpet is removed we will tackle demolishing that wall.

I do get that the recliner is not the best match for the space and am open to others, but DH is a big guy and really likes to be able to stretch out on a comfy expanding chair. Most of the recliners he finds acceptable are huge huge huge and uglier uglier uglier.

Going to have to play some more with the floor plan/arrangement of furniture ( on paper first of course- too exhausted for the actual at this point lol).

So, yes I think pretty pillow, and an anchor for the TV will go a long way to making me feel it's acceptable. Then I can consider other enhancements for sure. Baby steps.

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Several pretty pillows :)

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Lol yes greenfish! I guess the "S" dropped off my typing of pillow-s-.

(On a sidenote, I WAS getting notifications of comments initially but somehow that has stopped. So here it is Tuesday morning and I see you posted Sunday morning- but this is late breaking news to me now).

Still really struggling and getting that overwhelmed feeling.

• tartanmeup
    5 years ago

Why are you struggling, salonva? Your room looks lovely already. Besides the TV stand/credenza, is it missing anything for functionality? (And even then, you can use the TV.) Why are you feeling overwhelmed? Baby steps, as you said. (As for the pillows, I'd be wary of getting those really pretty designer ones because of Wally. No offense, Wally, you're a cutie but I've heard stories about dogs and pillows...)

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Check out chairish-they will have sellers in your area. Also look at local consignment stores, etc. some pillows sooner rather than later wil get you a real desined feel. Right now it looks very generic. A few special items will change everything.

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Also buy some furniture sliders so you can move stuff around. I agree you should get rid of the pony wall, for now pretend it isn't there. An arrangement like this with a slim console andbthe lamps behind the sofa will center things on the beautiful FP, not the TV. Moving the chair minimizes its domination of the room

• salonva
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Interesting Greenfish- I am not sure if I follow. You are saying to switch the sofa and loveseat so the sofa is on the wall opposite the fireplace.... that sounds good. The pony wall is still there though so are you saying to move the sofa close to the fireplace (not backed up to the pony wall?). Really do need the comfy recliner to be able to view the tv though. Is that the chair next to tv and fireplace?

All great food for thought but I want to be sure I understand your suggestion.

Do you think it could work with the recliner between the sofa and loveseat?

• greenfish1234
    5 years ago

Yes you have me correct! Sofa moved away from the half wall with a slim console and your 2 lamps on it. Is the tv on an arm? I really recommend it! There isn't a bad seat in my house because of it. I feel like the furniture is arranged in a circle around the TV which is convenient but not ideal (looking).