SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krystie_k

*Please Help! Renovating for Curb Appeal on an Ugly House with Porch*

K K
5 years ago

Would greatly appreciate any advice on how to fix up our current home. We've already bought white wide board and batten siding so that's set and the "shutters" are getting removed. Eventually we want a metal roof, but that's years down the road. I've included the a mock-up of the current idea, we plan on replacing and lengthening the windows to be all the same height and REALLY need to figure out basically everything about the porch, columns, railing or no, color, etc (needs some sort of gate on the end to keep the dogs in the yard). Maybe grey stone on the foundation. The overgrown trees will be replanted elsewhere. Still debating on the grids, but double hung windows with grids seem to best fit the look of the house/the barn we are redoing as well to match the house. Please don't hold back any ideas, advice, etc. Plus would LOVE to hear from anyone with black windows....fading issues, etc., leaning towards either Andersen 100 or Marvin Wood Ultrex (I know they are very different price points, I want something for the best value that won't fade like vinyl).

Our House · More Info

Our House · More Info

Our House · More Info

Our House · More Info

Comments (11)