SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perennialfan275

Worm farm business idea...

perennialfan275
5 years ago

So I have this crazy idea about starting a worm business. I'm aware that I could just buy the worms and start vermicomposting on my own, but I want to take it a step further. Amazon has become EXTREMELY popular over the past years, and I think the delivery is a huge part of that. I'm still working on the details (hence why I come here for advice), but I'm considering a business where we collect organic waste from houses (or other various locations) and take it to our farm to compost it. Similar to garbage pickup except only for organic waste. We'd also obviously have to sort through it at a facility to make sure there's nothing that's bad for the worms. I think there are many businesses in my area that would be interested in a service like this (especially if most of their garbage is organic waste anyways). And if my facility is local (in the same town or close to their town) that means I waste less money on gas hauling it away. My question for you is is this a feasible business and if so how would you go about it?

Comments (8)