SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

What type of tile in a cabin guest bath shower?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The cabin we just bought has an almond one piece shower in the guest loft. Also it has a green laminate countertop. My plan is to redo the shower and replace countertop. The vanity itself is well built so I’m keeping it but will repaint it (I’m leaning toward white) and add hardware. If it’s not terribly difficult I will also change the light fixture.

Here is the room now.

Painting the walls and ceiling is not an option, it has a finish that will make it very expensive. However I’m painting the trim in the whole guest loft white. Something like this,

So I would like to do a tile that would still have a cabin feel. I was thinking slate but that may be too dark and there is no other slate anywhere else.

So would a white subway with a cut pebble floor be an option? Not necessarily this color pebble.

The fireplace and exterior rock on the cabin is this, hence my thinking on the cut pebble.

If so, what should I do about the countertop? Also, I’m redoing the kitchen in the neighboring space, should the 2 countertops be the same?

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!