SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmarie517

Options on replacing white penny round shower tile

Dmarie H
5 years ago

My contractor installed penny round with avalanche sealed grout that did not come out so well. Apparently, the dye lot for the tiles were of different hues of white (one being shiny white). Also, there is a lot of grout with hue issues as well. The contractor is redoing his work and the store will provide new tile of my choice. After viewing my options, the store designer stated penny is more clean-lined and not as dated as the Hex. I actually like the arabesque tile. I still chose the penny round. The shower wall tiles are porcelain marble-look installed vertically (to the ceiling and crown molding) and on the bathroom floor with tight grout lines. The shower includes an insert has white/metallic mosaic, marble slab shower ledge, a tiled corner seat shelf and a tiled curb. Reworked scheduled Nov 27 and 28th 2018. Suggestions: What other style of tile would give a clean contemporary look for the shower floor? If I were to keep the penny round tile, would adding glitter to the grout enhance the floor over time?

Comments (5)