SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_buchanan09

What to do with Kitchen Backsplash (back wall of my kitchen)

heather buchanan
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Feedback wanted on what to do with my kitchen backsplash. I am wanting suggestions on what to do with the back wall in my kitchen. When I set out on updating my kitchen counters and backsplash I thought I would use the same Calcutta Quartz on my center island, back counters and up the back wall to the ceiling of my kitchen (see attached inspirational photo). After I installed the counters, I feel going up the back wall with the same material will be boring (?) and too much of the same. I like the organic feeling of a natural looking stone and quartz. I am not sure what to do… things I am thing of are:

1. Run the Calcutta behind the stove up the wall and use a natural stone in a dark grey (see photo) up the remainder of the wall up to the ceiling.
  2. Run the natural dark grey stone up the entire wall, including behind the stove and hood.
  3. I was originally going for a "white kitchen," I was thinking of a herringbone with white subway tiles, or glass subway tiles, but if you look at the other photos of the great room you will see that I have a dark chocolate colored couch and a floating console in dark brown against the back wall. The kitchen and seating area are one big room.

Some of my favorite designers are Robeson Design, McGee & Co, House to Home blogs. I tend t go modern / traditional in my taste.

#Robeson Design

#mcgee&co

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville