SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Desperate for Potluck Ideas

Funkyart
5 years ago

I am absolutely crazy with work-- waking up at 4:30 most days and working well into the evening. Everything is behind in my non-work life and my brain is frazzled. The good news is-- this crazy period should finally end in 2 more weeks .. and I believe good things will come of it. The bad news is, I scheduled a potluck for my team for THIS week and I have little time and zero inspiration! Of course they will understand if I cheat and go buy something-- but I really want to try to make something.

Looking for ideas .. but there are some restrictions primarily around the fact that the majority of my team is either Indian or Chinese.

• Won't clash with amazing Indian food (there will be roti, 2 curries and biryani for sure)
  • No beef or pork
  • Nothing that requires a crockpot. I don't have one and don't want to lug one in.
  • Can be made in +/- an hour

I don't have a lot on hand but I can shop and I have most of what I need for..

• ginger chicken meatballs with sugar snap peas
  • spinach stuffed shells with lemon-parmesan green beans
  • chicken parmesan meatballs with lemon-parmesan green beans
  • pistachio baklava (though it may be too much since someone is planning to bring gulab jamun.. indian honey balls)

This group loves Italian (as long as no beef or pork) but I am concerned it won't play nicely with the indian curries. There are not many veggies on the list of what people are planning.. so I'd definitely like to incorporate veggies.

Any other ideas?

Comments (39)